Whatever happened to the SFA TC?

I remember trying it a couple of times before and I want to try it again. However, the link in UncleTwitchy's sig doesn't work anymore. Is he still working on? It looked close to being done.

Still in development, last I heard. I'm theoretically a member of the team working on it. However, real life bit and bit hard. I have so little energy of late that I haven't checked in for quite a while. I'll take a look and see if there's any sort of progress report I can give.

It's being worked on, I think. It's definitely still in development. The team on it is fairly large, but of course only a few people are actively working on it.

I'm not at liberty to say anything else, but as you know Pace is a team member and I suppose the de facto leader.

Nah, I'm not the de facto leader. I'm just one of the co-ordinators 😛

We're hoping to have another public alpha soon, so the community can get its hands on it again, albeit with less bugs and more content.
That is, "soon" 😉

I recently played the first alpha and must say I'm looking forward to the finished product; or beta, at least.

Is there a website that I could visit?

@pace, on Aug 6 2007, 03:30 PM, said in Whatever happened to the SFA TC?:

We're hoping to have another public alpha soon, so the community can get its hands on it again, albeit with less bugs and more content.
That is, "soon" 😉

If that "soon" is the "soon" that I think it is, expect this release in 2010.

I'm not kidding. :ninja: :blink:

Well, back then, "soon" meant anything between a month and a whole year (which it ended up being :D). For SFA, the public alpha will be out before a year, I'm sure.
Because the Venerable UT and Fearless Dr. Trowel have agreed upon what there will be in a "final alpha release", and it seems we're getting there.
If only I could get those testers back to work 😛

Seeing a quite impressive ammount of status report requests for SFA (I think it's about tied with "stuck in Vell-Os"-Threads...) on the board you might want to consider to look for new testers. Some seem to be quite eager...

edit: Plus, you get to see who'd walk the walk and not just talk the talk about wanting SFA 🙂

This post has been edited by bmac : 07 August 2007 - 06:21 AM

Wrong tab. Ignore this post.

This post has been edited by atomicthumbs : 21 August 2007 - 02:04 PM