How do you make a mission only appear once?

I've looked at the mission bits for certain missions that can only appear once, but they might as well be Chinese for all the sense I get outta them. Could someone perhaps explain it so that I'm not scratching my head and saying, "Wha?" or else just nodding my head to keep from looking like an idiot. I know I profess to being a halfway decent plug-in designer, but mission bits fly over my head.

Find a bit that is used nowhere else.

Set your mission's availability to depend on that bit not being set: !bxxxx & (any other tests you may be using).

Set the mission's OnSuccess to include bxxxx, setting it.

Finally, have nothing else touch that bit.

@zapp, on Aug 13 2007, 09:57 PM, said in How do you make a mission only appear once?:

I've looked at the mission bits for certain missions that can only appear once, but they might as well be Chinese for all the sense I get outta them. Could someone perhaps explain it so that I'm not scratching my head and saying, "Wha?" or else just nodding my head to keep from looking like an idiot. I know I profess to being a halfway decent plug-in designer, but mission bits fly over my head.

Say you want to use bit x. Put bx in the "on refuse", "on accept" and "on complete" fields and !bx in the "require" field. Now, no matter whether you refuse or accept, the mission won't appear again. Be sure to use a non-conflicting bit, BTW.

This post has been edited by Cosmic_Nusiance : 13 August 2007 - 09:16 PM

I coulda sworn that was what I was doing... must of been doing it wrong.

Eh, I tend to have the mission require a certain bit and then the revelant fields !bxxxx the required bit. In other words, instead of requiring it to be off, I tend to require it being on.

@joshtigerheart, on Aug 13 2007, 11:24 PM, said in How do you make a mission only appear once?:

Eh, I tend to have the mission require a certain bit and then the revelant fields !bxxxx the required bit. In other words, instead of requiring it to be off, I tend to require it being on.

I don't think that would work... Don't contribute and require bits work differently? However, it's not wise to question the unquestionable Josh...

@cosmic_nusiance, on Aug 13 2007, 10:47 PM, said in How do you make a mission only appear once?:

I don't think that would work... Don't contribute and require bits work differently? However, it's not wise to question the unquestionable Josh...

He's not talking about contribute/require bits; he's talking about NCBs. His way just means that whatever bit he uses must have already been turned on by something in order for the mission to be available.

@nil-kimas, on Aug 14 2007, 04:29 PM, said in How do you make a mission only appear once?:

He's not talking about contribute/require bits; he's talking about NCBs. His way just means that whatever bit he uses must have already been turned on by something in order for the mission to be available.

Oops... I meant Set and Test expressions.