Nova Trade Guide • Progress Log

A guide to the sweetest trade routes in Nova...now also online!

Original progress log at the ev-nova.net forums, this one post is all the progress so far!

Hi all, for those older members, you may remember a project I worked on a year or so ago called NTNG - The Nova Trade Network Guide, which involved archiving along with maps, tips etc. many of the most profitable trade routes in Escape Velocity: Nova. The finished product was a .pdf, and it was all very simple and not very high in standards of image quality, information and so on, but it did it's job.

I have already got myself dug into a new guide, NTG - the Nova Trade Guide (oooh look I took out 'network'!), which is an online guide again explaining in more detail this time the most profitable and particular pilot-suited trade routes in the game. Of the old features that will be revised and upgraded there are:

Navigation maps, outlining routes clearly on the evn map. This time they will be much larger and easier to read.
Pros Cons and Tips will all be included with a bit of extra shizzle to them.
Clearer outlining of the types of goods involved in a route.
Descriptions of the trade route. These are much longer, and more detailed.

Ravenheart, you are pursing a noble quest, indeed. As soon as you finish this, I'll be adding this site to my siggy. Then people can stop posting those ever-so-annoying "fast credit"-type topics. I'll just refer them to your trade routes page.

In fact, in case you haven't got it yet, here's one right off the bat:

Tre'pirana System: Buy equipment at Tre'ar Ro -> sell at Tre'ar Vano

Rinse and Repeat as many times as necessary.

I can't wait for the finished website. 🆒

Already have the Tre'Pirana route clocked, but thanks for your support and enthusiasm 🙂

Anytime, good sir! 🆒

looks good. i want this site in me siggie too 🙂

I've managed a little more progress today..completed another 2 trade routes, and finalised the map graphics. I've also started on the 'Other' section, which will include handy information for beginner pilots (what pirates are, where you will usually start and directions to nearby routes etc.) and historical sections on masterful ships such as the Leviathan and Pegasus.

I'm now seriously considering a small discussion board where players may ask questions etc. However I feel it will be masked over by the 'submit' form since other than telling people of trade routes on the forum, what else would there be to talk about? 😛

This post has been edited by Ravenheart : 08 January 2007 - 06:38 PM

Looks awsome! Great pics and colors. You are a true visionary. 😄

Don't forget all the bio-weapon routes. 😉

Bit of a timewaster, but here's an NTG wallpaper I made... I could of course redeem myself by labelling it 'promitional' 😛

NTG Wallpaper

This post has been edited by Ravenheart : 09 January 2007 - 11:05 AM

So is any of this guide up yet?

I could, if you like, host up what's been done so far. Or you could download the old guide 'NTNG' here

@ravenheart, on Jan 10 2007, 01:53 PM, said in Nova Trade Guide • Progress Log:

I could, if you like, host up what's been done so far. Or you could download the old guide 'NTNG' here

That'd work. You could put up a "more coming soon" sort of thing for the stuff that isn't finished yet.

@warlord-mike, on Jan 10 2007, 10:56 PM, said in Nova Trade Guide • Progress Log:

That'd work. You could put up a "more coming soon" sort of thing for the stuff that isn't finished yet.

Too much work hehe.. I'll host up what I have soon, if you don't get a page, don't die in a frenzied panic. Might get sued for that s### 🙂

Hey Tom, did you know that silentoutpost.net domain is now a generic ad site? I think the domain expired or something.

@lord-rama, on Jan 14 2007, 05:24 AM, said in Nova Trade Guide • Progress Log:

Hey Tom, did you know that silentoutpost.net domain is now a generic ad site? I think the domain expired or something.

I know, huge screw-up. Basically, my hosting companies domain registrar is ENOM, and when they decided to move my domain to a different directory (or something like that) my hosts weren't told, and another company 'nabbed' my domain. It's now an advertisment site where I have absolutely no control, but I've accepted a domain transfer request back through ENOM so my domain should be returning to my hosts soon.

Geeze, just when I was going to put up the music site and everything. I might see that company put in the ground you know, it's enough taking my domain and putting advertisments on it without my permission, then it's simply one step too far to block all FTP access and control in any form over the domain.

Meh, it'll be up soon, fear not fellow outposter.

Sorry guys, I've really been on top of other things recently. No progress whatsoever since my last update XD Mad weekend, it'll take days for me to be able to think clearly and stuff.

I'll be back on schedule soon enough though 😉

@ravenheart, on Jan 14 2007, 07:21 AM, said in Nova Trade Guide • Progress Log:

I know, huge screw-up. Basically, my hosting companies domain registrar is ENOM, and when they decided to move my domain to a different directory (or something like that) my hosts weren't told, and another company 'nabbed' my domain. It's now an advertisment site where I have absolutely no control, but I've accepted a domain transfer request back through ENOM so my domain should be returning to my hosts soon.

Geeze, just when I was going to put up the music site and everything. I might see that company put in the ground you know, it's enough taking my domain and putting advertisments on it without my permission, then it's simply one step too far to block all FTP access and control in any form over the domain.

Meh, it'll be up soon, fear not fellow outposter.

Good to hear.

Not to bug you or anything, Raven, but, how's it coming?

I'm smack bang in the middle of some important exams right now, and have been studying pretty much non-stop or the last two weeks or so. No progress has been made as of yet, the exams finish wednesday next week, and I'll resume work on the guide saturday morning.

Sorry for the delay guys.

No problem, man. Take your time. School comes before anything else. 😉

Hey all, It's been a while.. (5 months since my last post :S).

I'd just like to announce that yes, development on NTG will re-begin in about a week or so's time when I finish these exams (yup, those important exams which stopped me before were just mocks. They're now a reality, and there are 18 of them).

First off, a few new design ideas for future dev. I was thinking of changing the site design to something simpler, neater and more accessible for all. Possibly a phpBB3 forum with different forums for each part of EV Nova space, an a help and requests section too. This would minimise the design time by a lot, and make the guide more interactive altogether. Tell me what you think.

Also, just a reminder that if you have an excellent trade route to share with us, I'd be happy to pin it up in the new version of NTG if you post it here.

And the original 'NTNG' is back up on my website here for those who can't find it.

Sorry for the delay, with some patience I'll have the guide finished some time whithin the next 2 months. That's for certain 🙂