Unusually small price delta

For some reason my oops are bringing this up in the debug log. It's not a problem, but it does fill the debug log with useless clutter. What causes an "unusually small price delta"?

@joshtigerheart, on Jun 11 2007, 12:04 AM, said in Unusually small price delta:

For some reason my oops are bringing this up in the debug log. It's not a problem, but it does fill the debug log with useless clutter. What causes an "unusually small price delta"?

I know this one. A disarter that causes prices of junks to go unusually small.

wrong. Delta = change. Its an unusually small change in the price of the junk.

View PostGuy, on Apr 21 2007, 11:53 AM, said:

Btw, for anyone who's interested, Nova will report an 'unusually small price delta' if the price delta is less than half the base price. Also, 'Low' is 80% base price and 'High' is 125% base price.

Btw, for anyone who's interested, Nova will report an 'unusually small price delta' if the price delta is less than half the base price.

chokes That would seriously throw CTC off balance money wise to make the oopses for the "goods" change the base price of the items in question by +50%

This post has been edited by JacaByte : 10 June 2007 - 10:33 PM

Well no one said you must make sure your plug does not generate any debug warnings :p. I wouldn't pay any attention to the price delta warnings.

Thanks. We'll just put up with these. Besides, I think the commodity max price is 32767 or somewhere around there, since I never could get it to go near 50k when I tested it over a year ago. So a price increase of 50% wouldn't work on some of these.

@joshtigerheart, on Jun 11 2007, 07:28 AM, said in Unusually small price delta:

Besides, I think the commodity max price is 32767 or somewhere around there

That would make sense, although I don't think commodities could have a negative price, so they could (should) have made the price unsigned, thus increasing the max price to 65535 🆒

@joshtigerheart, on Jun 11 2007, 07:28 AM, said in Unusually small price delta:

So a price increase of 50% wouldn't work on some of these.

Did you try this specifically? It could well be that the final price is calculated in the game or stored in a differently sized variable than the price, so it might be possible to have prices that are acutally over the limit.

Its not like the game cares. It works anyway.