STN: The Final Frontier TC

Star Trek TNG/VOY/DS9 Total Conversion

Hey everyone,

STN: Final Frontier will start in early TNG era, and new pilots will be required to take training exercises based on 'Enterprise', TOS and then pre-TNG era's. Major storylines will include the obvious Borg missions such as Wolf 359, 'ST: First Contact', etc... Later we have the Dominion war, the Klingon invasion of Cardasian space, and others.

All your favourite Aliens will be there, such as 'Q', and loads of side missions will be available to increase your rank. We will even add the possibility of joining the other alien races and following separate storylines.

We are investigating the possibility of some atmospherics flight missions for ships that are capable of atmospherics flight (i.e. Intrepid class, Defiant class, etc.).

We have lots of other ideas, but we don't want to give away too many secrets...

We want STN: Final Frontier to be played by everyone so we are especially open to everyone's ideas - Fire ahead if there's something you'd like to see. Your input is essential in the creation of this plug.

(Adapted from FM)

We have now added a few new members to speed the process up, we are also very close to releasing a nice trailer for you to try.

To stay updated on the progress of the TC, be sure to signup for the STN: The Final Frontier Newsletter, as I will not always be able to come back here to post updates.

Official Websites:
http://badmonkeynobanana.com
http://adventonegraphics.com/space

- Highway

I really hate to burst a bubble, but there's a Star Trek TC in development already called StarFleet Adventures, or SFA... It's almost ready to be released... here's a link to the ev-nova.net forum:

EV-Nova.net forums

SFA-specific forum

This sounds cool, though!

This post has been edited by bizbag8 : 03 January 2006 - 10:26 AM

He already knows.

"The Final Frontier" (as he stated) takes place in The Next Generation's era, while Starfleet Adventures takes place in The Original Series.

-Bob

bizbag8, on Jan 3 2006, 09:26 AM, said:

I really hate to burst a bubble, but there's a Star Trek TC in development already called StarFleet Adventures, or SFA... It's almost ready to be released... here's a link to the ev-nova.net forum:

EV-Nova.net forums

SFA-specific forum
This sounds cool, though!
View Post

Hah.

I haven't seen pigs flying yet.

For either of these TCs.

You know you can download a near-complete (sans storyline missions) version of SFA at the SFA forums right now, don't you?

There's pigs on the wing for you.

UncleTwitchy, on Jan 3 2006, 12:14 PM, said:

You know you can download a near-complete (sans storyline missions) version of SFA at the SFA forums right now, don't you?

There's pigs on the wing for you.
View Post

Heh. Don't see them... Sorry πŸ˜›

(edit)My I am certainly the skeptic, aren't I?(/edit)

This post has been edited by Shrout1 : 03 January 2006 - 01:17 PM

Skeptic? No. Blind? More likely.

Yes, I did know there was another Star Trek TC.

Uncle Twitchy is doing an AWESOME job with SFA.
I play it all the time, made it to Commodore you know.

The STN:TFF TC has been in development for some time now.
But we have increased the speed in which we are developing it.

Bob said:

"The Final Frontier" (as he stated) takes place in The Next Generation's era, while Starfleet Adventures takes place in The Original Series.

Indeed the difference is basically The Final Frontier takes off where SFA ends.
So you HAVE to play SFA first.

STN:TFF will include the first season of TNG and go all the way through VOY and DS9, and yes, we will include a few goodies from the Delta Quadrant, but I wont tell you what they are. You'll have to sign up for the Newsletter. πŸ˜„

Hey, you probably wanna get the picture out of your sig soon.

I think it would be cool if you used chΓ€r resources to allow you to play as aliens... a Ferengi mini-string would be fun. πŸ™‚

This post has been edited by Mispeled : 03 January 2006 - 03:22 PM

We will be adding the ability to play other aliens. Thanks for the suggestion.

Nelsonic said:

Hey, you probably wanna get the picture out of your sig soon.

Oh? Why is that?
I was looking to see if it was okay to put a graphic in there, but I have not found anything.

I'm not trying to be rude, I just raise my eyebrow when I hear about any kind of TC. rEVisited is the only TC I've seen that was originally intended for Nova and was released.

I applaud the fact that SFA is still under consturction, but if I may note, July of 2002 was 41 months ago.

(edit)Twitchy, it's not personal, it's not you, it's just that I've been here for four years and heard a lot, but seen a little less(/edit)

This post has been edited by Shrout1 : 03 January 2006 - 05:25 PM

Like I said: there's something for you to download right now. And once I start working on it again, it shouldn't take long to finish.

Really.

I would say so... its VERY playable, many are enjoying it.
UT is on the home stretch and its very close to being released once he finishes the missions and descs.

When you only do this kind of thing in your spare time, it takes a while.
Especially when you dont get paid to do it.

Its also not just your average every-day plugin... no siree. Its a full blown Total Conversion. That kind of thing is no easy task in EV Nova.

Highway of Life, on Jan 4 2006, 12:07 AM, said:

Its a full blown Total Conversion. That kind of thing is no easy task in EV Nova.
View Post

Amen.

Shrout1, on Jan 3 2006, 11:24 AM, said:

rEVisited is the only TC I've seen that was originally intended for Nova and was released.
View Post

rEVisited isn't really a TC. All the graphics have been replaced and there's a number of new ship variants and outfits and stuff but it's really just an addon for the EVC TC.

Guy, on Jan 3 2006, 11:13 PM, said:

rEVisited isn't really a TC. All the graphics have been replaced and there's a number of new ship variants and outfits and stuff but it's really just an addon for the EVC TC.
View Post

True.

Good News Everyone!
I'm back for another update.
The team has been working hard to bring you a teaser.
It will be big enough it does not deserve to be called a teaser. But the only reason we are calling it that is because there will be so much more added.
And trust me. It will be well worth the wait just to get your hands on this baby.

Without giving a way too much here is a few of the things we will be adding to the teaser.

Q: Will this teaser be one of those things where you just try out ships, fly around, trade, and pretty much do nothing? Maybe shoot a couple bad-guys?
A: NO! It will be much more than that.
We are doing something big for this teaser, but I'm not going to tell ya! ha!
Okay, if you sign up for the Newsletter I will.

Q: Will the teaser have more than a dozen planets?
A: YES!
To find out how many, and to see a sneak peak of the map, sign up for the Newsletter

The teaser will include the Borg, the Cardassians, Starfleet and others.
Many ships, officers, new outfits, weapons, explosions, sounds, effects, planets, systems, and yes, even wormholes will be added. To find out what will be added, or to get more info, you guessed it! sign up for the Newsletter

And, you ask... When will this teaser (STN: The Final Frontier v 0.1) be available?
Well, sign up for the Newsletter to find out. πŸ˜„

The first newsletter update for the teaser/addon has been released.

If you did not get a copy of the Newsletter article. You can sign up Here.

The link for the first newsletter is in the confirmation email you'll recieve when you sign up.

This post has been edited by Highway of Life : 12 January 2006 - 02:49 PM

Quick non-Newsletter specific update preview:

Posted Image

More sneak-peaks will come in the next Newsletter issue.