Merging Classic with Nova

Hi there,

After a couple of years away from the EV universe, I've decided to try to realize an old idea that has been on my mind ever since PA was first released.

I'd like to replace Novas universe and missions with that of EV Classic, adding a couple of missions in the process.

I've already figured out I need to copy syst, spob, misn resources from PA into the new plug-in, and that I have to copy all relevant descs as well. I would obviously have to make adjustments to tech ratings etc to get outfits and ships to appear in the right places. However, being mostly clueless about Mission Computer, is there anything else I need to do?

Well, that depends if you are still willing to go through with the project after I tell you that there already is an EVC TC for Nova.

More specifically, theres the EVC port which can be enhanced by rEVisited. Theres also a plug called "Classic 4 Nova" or something like that, that puts the whole EVC universe in the game scenario as the Nova one, allowing the player to travel between the two.

Also, PA was never released but a different program called SpacePort was created by members here and released in PA's absence.

This post has been edited by Guy : 17 February 2007 - 08:12 PM

@joshtigerheart, on Feb 17 2007, 07:59 PM, said in Merging Classic with Nova:

Well, that depends if you are still willing to go through with the project after I tell you that there already is an EVC TC for Nova.

More specifically, theres the EVC port which can be enhanced by rEVisited. Theres also a plug called "Classic 4 Nova" or something like that, that puts the whole EVC universe in the game scenario as the Nova one, allowing the player to travel between the two.

No, that kind of defeats the purpose. 😉 I've downloaded rEVisited and it sort of does the work I wanted - a darker, slightly dirtier universe open with possibilities for privateering without having to save everything in the process.