Making ships in Windows

Is it possible to make a plug-in with new picts, snds and shans using EVNEW? I really don't think so, and I'm pretty sure there's no other editor for Windows. It makes me so MAD that there's no NovaTools for Windows! :mad: Or maybe I'm just dumb and don't know how. Is there any way to make a new ship or pict without stealing one from the Nova files?

Read the Readme. It is possible and I've done it several times.

It is very possible. I too have done it several times. I used a neat little program from the downloads section of the main EVnova site called spin-app to make a clean looking freighter, um... thing. Works nicely.

Before spinn-app I just used a photoshop-like program to manually spin the graphics. I still can't make angled ship graphics, however, but my straight down spins look pretty good for using nothing but mspaint and g-max. (a great free 3d animation program)

This post has been edited by Redneck : 06 January 2007 - 07:06 PM

Thanks. I didn't read the Readme very thoroughly, so I'll do that. Then download SpinApp. Then make a picture of a disturbingly large laser!!! WOO!

Edit: Now I have downloaded SpinApp, made 36 versions of the same picture (only rotated by 10 degree increments) and realized that there's a FILE menu in the PICT, rle8, rleD and snd which lets you import them. So the actual reason this topic exists is because I am very dumb. Next time I will look at all the far corners of my monitor before complaining.

This post has been edited by destroyerminkey : 06 January 2007 - 07:47 PM

@destroyerminkey, on Jan 6 2007, 07:27 PM, said in Making ships in Windows:

Edit: Now I have downloaded SpinApp, made 36 versions of the same picture (only rotated by 10 degree increments) and realized that there's a FILE menu in the PICT, rle8, rleD and snd which lets you import them. So the actual reason this topic exists is because I am very dumb. Next time I will look at all the far corners of my monitor before complaining.

Don't get a Mac. Ever. You would hate it. 🙂

@orcaloverbri9, on Jan 6 2007, 07:22 PM, said in Making ships in Windows:

Don't get a Mac. Ever. You would hate it. 🙂

The hilarious thing is that I have one. It's broken so hardcore that Apple doesn't even know what the hell's wrong with it. So now I'm back to liking PC's.

@destroyerminkey, on Jan 6 2007, 10:39 PM, said in Making ships in Windows:

The hilarious thing is that I have one. It's broken so hardcore that Apple doesn't even know what the hell's wrong with it. So now I'm back to liking PC's.

Bah. I have a mac, im very proud of it and love it. Basically i resent ur statements. :mad:

but in any case, and mostly out of curiosity, what is wrong with your mac? (i have created a way of fixing certain probs on some macs that possibly Apple doesn't know)

btw what operating system/general comp is it? e.x. Mac OS X-Ibook

@redneck, on Jan 6 2007, 06:02 PM, said in Making ships in Windows:

...using nothing but mspaint and g-max. (a great free 3d animation program)

MS Paint is all too often overlooked. For what it can do, it really is a wonderful program.

Unless you compare it to GIMP or Photoshop.

@jacabyte, on Jan 8 2007, 07:34 PM, said in Making ships in Windows:

Unless you compare it to GIMP or Photoshop.

Neither of which are both free AND bundled on the computer automatically. 😉

Actually, I think GIMP is bundled with some versions of Linux...

Who owns Linux? 😄

Anyway, I have always loved mspaint. You can do a lot with it, if you have the right touch I mean.

Wow. I leave a comment saying that my Mac bugged out, and I come back to find a discussion about GIMP and Linux and stuff. So I will answer Lone Wolf's question. My Mac is a fairly new one, with OS X.4 Tiger on it. One day, I was making a giant hammer on Google Sketchup (this is not relevant, so don't ask why) when it gave me the PANIC SCREEN!!! So my Mac would randomly shut down whenever it felt like it. Now, when you turn it on, its fan won't stop blasting full power. It was sent to London Drugs, they phoned Apple, Apple said my computer was pretty messed up. I got it back today, but I haven't turned it on yet. Wish me luck. 🙂

@destroyerminkey, on Jan 10 2007, 09:28 PM, said in Making ships in Windows:

Wow. I leave a comment saying that my Mac bugged out, and I come back to find a discussion about GIMP and Linux and stuff. So I will answer Lone Wolf's question. My Mac is a fairly new one, with OS X.4 Tiger on it. One day, I was making a giant hammer on Google Sketchup (this is not relevant, so don't ask why) when it gave me the PANIC SCREEN!!! So my Mac would randomly shut down whenever it felt like it. Now, when you turn it on, its fan won't stop blasting full power. It was sent to London Drugs, they phoned Apple, Apple said my computer was pretty messed up. I got it back today, but I haven't turned it on yet. Wish me luck. 🙂

O.o ya cant rly help you there O.o but good luck...

@destroyerminkey, on Jan 10 2007, 09:28 PM, said in Making ships in Windows:

Wow. I leave a comment saying that my Mac bugged out, and I come back to find a discussion about GIMP and Linux and stuff.

You should visit the "EV Banter and Brawl" section. 😉

BnB, as it is known.

My Mac works fine now. The good people at London Drugs stuck some new RAM sticks in it and it works. I'm confused, too, but it works and that makes me happy. Now I think I'll put EVN on it so I can use NovaTools and other things for Mac. :laugh:

@destroyerminkey, on Jan 12 2007, 11:38 PM, said in Making ships in Windows:

My Mac works fine now. The good people at London Drugs stuck some new RAM sticks in it and it works. I'm confused, too, but it works and that makes me happy. Now I think I'll put EVN on it so I can use NovaTools and other things for Mac. :laugh:

makes sence yet it doesn't, and prob wouldn't have been somethin you usually look for, at least not first O.o

well glad its workin!

Mac + Nova = Greatness 🙂