Invisisble Ranks and Pilot Logs

I was wondering if invisible ranks are visisble in the pilot log? I'd test this if I wasn't studying for exams.

This gave me an idea of using invisisble ranks to keep track of what a player has done in the pilot log to make bit reading unnessisary. Ranks like...

- Started Fed String
- Finished ammo runs
- Met Commander Krane
- Unlocked Fed Vipers, Anacondas, and Patrol Boats

And so on.

That would actually be a good idea, Josh. Since people would know EXACTLY where you should be, it'd make telling them where they need to go next that much easier.

This would be very handy for people like me, who have no idea how to read bits (I don't have an editor, and I don't think I could stand to take the time to review how they'd work).

But most people with problems (those who don't know how to use the walkthrough or to read pilotlogs) wouldn't be ready to download a "Nova patch" made by some dude 😉

True. You make a very valid point, Pace.

I refer to Slag's walkthroughs when I'm trying to remember what happens next (I like to hurry the storyline along), so I definately wouldn't need it.

in some pilotlogs i read, i saw ranks that were like :

Knight of the red branch (xxx)
(yyy)

So, i think invisible ranks are visible on a pilotlog, but i didn't test it.

I was thinking more along the lines of TCs and large plugs, like Arpia 2, to use something like this. I used the main scenario merely as an example, though it could be done.

Edit: Double post.

This post has been edited by JoshTigerheart : 11 December 2006 - 05:57 PM

So, yeah, i just tested it. my fed pilot has a " (150)" rank, and checking in the nova data 2 it's a rank that force nil'kemorya not to attack me automatically.
I don't see it being invisible, because the name of this rank appears to be spaces, like " ", but when I look in my personal info, they don't put these spaces. That's why i believe the rank ID 150 is an invisible one, and because of that, i must say invisible ranks should appear on pilotlogs. but don't take my word for law.

@joshtigerheart, on Dec 11 2006, 11:56 PM, said in Invisisble Ranks and Pilot Logs:

I was thinking more along the lines of TCs and large plugs, like Arpia 2, to use something like this. I used the main scenario merely as an example, though it could be done.

Hrm Good idea in fact. But how often should a ränk be set? For example, in ARPIA2, there are 45 missions per storyline, but they start as one during 14 to 17 missions (depending on which storyline it is you'll see why ;)). The Walkthrough (included in the bundle) is clear enough, I believe.

So, how often? Every mission? 😮

I'd say everytime a major event happens, such as, using stock scenario examples, earning access to capital ships, freeing the Vell-os, making the Heraan house the first house, etc.