Multiplying Fighters

Don't know if anyone else has noticed this or not but if you have a fighter bay set to use ammo only at the end of every burst then they multiply! Burst count = 2. You buy 5 ammo outfits. You can launch 10 fighters. You can recall 10 ships. Now you can launch 20 fighters. Etc...
The only issue is the ammo count doesn't update when you launch.

This post has been edited by Guy : 03 September 2006 - 01:47 AM

Never noticed that. Never thought anything of it.

So if you end up with 40 fighters and land, then leave, you start back with the original five fighters?

I'm going to have to try this...

This is because the ammo count with a use ammo at end of burst doesn't subtract an ammo point until you fire the burst count, but you get an ammo point every time a fighter comes back?

@desprez, on Sep 4 2006, 12:25 PM, said in Multiplying Fighters:

This is because the ammo count with a use ammo at end of burst doesn't subtract an ammo point until you fire the burst count, but you get an ammo point every time a fighter comes back?

Yup 😄

Nryn: no, you keep them all.

This post has been edited by Guy : 03 September 2006 - 08:07 PM

Hahaha, I have an idea.

So you're in this ship, and you have 1 weapon, the fighter bay. It fires defenseless fighters that cannot move, and they are fired a ways away from the ship. In the system, there are ships with PD guns that can only hit the fighters. You must protect your nest of fighters from the evil PD ships until the time limit is up, at which point you can land on the planet, and get points for the number of fighters you were able to multiply, defend, and pick up.

^_^

Thats a cool idea. New little mini-game in nova.

I get it now Guy. You launch the fighters, but the count don't change until you call them back...

I treid it and had about 45 pirate thunderheads at once. Took out a fed carrier in seconds.

Yeah I maxed out the ships with my fighters. Unfortunately, unlike in EV/O, you can't force a spob into submission by maxing out the ships - the defence fleet will still get launched.

This post has been edited by Guy : 04 September 2006 - 08:54 PM

You could, however, make it redicously easy to take the planet by recalling one fighter. Would take forever though....