[ANN] SpacePort 1.2 Beta 5 Now Available

Hopefully the last one!

Meh. You know the drill. Fixed a bunch of s###.

- outf TechLevels of 32767 now get changed to 32766, with a note and warning in the log
- ships now get a 1004 explosion only if DeathDelay is 60 or more
- weaps ExplodTypes of 2 now get changed to 1002
- ships with < 100 shields now get no recharge
- desc 1900 is now re-ID'd to 13999
- AlwaysPerses now get 100% probability
- type 2 guidance weapons are now set to fire from guided exit points
- oopses with MissionBits of 1xxx or 2xxx are now properly handled (Random = Freq, no extra bit check/set)
- unused outf ModTypes now get set to -1

What's left:
- doesn't recognize EVO 1.0.2 plug-ins
- output log only works the first time, and never with drag and drop
- dragging a file onto the SpacePort window gives...interesting results
All of these are far more critical, and if I ever bother to fix them (frankly, I'm finding it hard to care :p), it'll be in 1.2.1. I've made a ton of non-critical additions and fixes since I first started work, and I'm looking forward to putting this sucker to rest.

Enjoy.

EDIT: New version! Now beta 4. Changes:
- fixed the OutOfBoundsException when converting outfs
- fixed the wrong shield recharge (it really is 0 now) when converting ships

EDIT2: New version. Fixed ModTypes/Vals 3 and 4 not getting -1, a minor divide-by-zero error in converting shield recharge, and armor not getting proper regen with shields < 100. Time to go eat dinner.

This post has been edited by orcaloverbri9 : 02 August 2006 - 09:20 PM

Sounds kewl, but what does it DO. Ive never heard of space port. 😮 I probably should have by now....lol. :laugh:

Awesome.
Except I now get OutOfBoundsException whenever it tries to convert an outfit.
Also, the ships with <100 shields are getting their original recharge value instead of zero.

@guy, on Aug 1 2006, 06:58 PM, said in [ANN] SpacePort 1.2 Beta 5 Now Available:

Except I now get OutOfBoundsException whenever it tries to convert an outfit.

Hmm, I'll look into it.

Also, the ships with <100 shields are getting their original recharge value instead of zero.

Ah, whoops. Simple fix.

chronodrago, it takes EV/O plug-ins and converts them to EVN format.

This post has been edited by orcaloverbri9 : 01 August 2006 - 07:40 PM

Ooh, I like the speed of things now 🙂
Okay, the ModTypes (3 & 4) still aren't getting set to -1 though.
Oh, and looking over my notes the precise details on the recharge should be ships with < 100 get 0 shield recharge with armor recharge being converted as normal except if they have 0 shields in which case armor recharge is 0 too. Wow, that's getting picky isn't it.

(EDIT) Just noticed the log shows weak = 30-50, strong = 75-80. Where did these numbers come from? In the port I've just assumed weak = 25, strong = 50.

This post has been edited by Guy : 01 August 2006 - 08:10 PM

@orcaloverbri9, on Aug 1 2006, 04:43 PM, said in [ANN] SpacePort 1.2 Beta 5 Now Available:

chronodrago, it takes EV/O plug-ins and converts them to EVN format.

Ah, kewl...thanks 😄

Im trying to convert Frozen Heart at the moment... prays its gonna work

Erm, on second thoughts I'll leave that to someone else!

This post has been edited by floop : 01 August 2006 - 08:57 PM

Been there, done that 🙂
It was a while ago though on an older version of SpacePort (plus a lot of work) so it will have a bunch of minor things that haven't been converted properly but it does play right through. The biggest issue is that it's pre-1.0.2 (had to go through with a spreadsheet and fix everything up after conversion) but I also made note of a few other things which needed to be changed that SpacePort can't help with:
• Mission 231 "Restore Worlds" should be made available only on Earth, otherwise can't get it there at all as Nova won't allow missions with non-specific availstels to be available in same system as travel or return stel.
• Govt 178 "ComNet Satellite" should be made able to be hailed, otherwise can't get mission 225 "Rescue Anila".
• Opening braces '{' in desc 5097 should be removed, otherwise the rest of the text will not be displayed.
In addition, I caught some errors in the original data.

This post has been edited by Guy : 01 August 2006 - 09:12 PM

@guy, on Aug 1 2006, 09:05 PM, said in [ANN] SpacePort 1.2 Beta 5 Now Available:

Okay, the ModTypes (3 & 4) still aren't getting set to -1 though.

Oh, whoops, heh.

Oh, and looking over my notes the precise details on the recharge should be ships with < 100 get 0 shield recharge with armor recharge being converted as normal except if they have 0 shields in which case armor recharge is 0 too. Wow, that's getting picky isn't it.

Erm, the 'normal' way to convert armor is to give it the same recharge as shields, unless the 'no armor regen' checkbox is set.

Just noticed the log shows weak = 30-50, strong = 75-80. Where did these numbers come from? In the port I've just assumed weak = 25, strong = 50.

Erm, where? As far as I know, weak always = 25, and strong always = 50. Where does it show weak and storn in the log at all?

By the way, why exactly are we ditching armor regen?

This post has been edited by orcaloverbri9 : 02 August 2006 - 10:06 AM

@orcaloverbri9, on Aug 3 2006, 03:05 AM, said in [ANN] SpacePort 1.2 Beta 5 Now Available:

Erm, the 'normal' way to convert armor is to give it the same recharge as shields, unless the 'no armor regen' checkbox is set.
By the way, why exactly are we ditching armor regen?

Yeah, it's just the EVO engine has some odd quirks with regen. If a ship has less than 100 shields then they don't regen (but armor still does). If it has 0 shields then armor doesn't regen either. Hm, maybe we should have just ignored all this. It does seem a bit obsessive to convert it now I think about it. Meh, I'll leave it to you but it's either all or nothing.

@orcaloverbri9, on Aug 3 2006, 03:05 AM, said in [ANN] SpacePort 1.2 Beta 5 Now Available:

Erm, where? As far as I know, weak always = 25, and strong always = 50. Where does it show weak and storn in the log at all?

ECM Jamming Types:
  30 - 50 is Weak
  75 - 80 is Strong
   0x0001 Weak Type I jamming 
   0x0002 Weak Type II jamming 
   0x0004 Weak Type III jamming 
   0x0008 Weak Type IV jamming 
   0x0010 Strong Type I jamming 
   0x0020 Strong Type II jamming 
   0x0040 Strong Type III jamming 
   0x0080 Strong Type IV jamming

This post has been edited by Guy : 02 August 2006 - 06:45 PM

@guy, on Aug 2 2006, 07:42 PM, said in [ANN] SpacePort 1.2 Beta 5 Now Available:

Yeah, it's just the EVO engine has some odd quirks with regen. If a ship has less than 100 shields then they don't regen (but armor still does). If it has 0 shields then armor doesn't regen either. Hm, maybe we should have just ignored all this. It does seem a bit obsessive to convert it now I think about it. Meh, I'll leave it to you but it's either all or nothing.

Oh, I see, it gives armor recharge equal to what the ship should have. Okay, fixed.

My computer is telling me this new version is classic app ??? Runs fine regardless though.
Anyway, outfits now open in Rezilla! Armor recharge is still zero but honestly I've decided we should have ignored this crap and I don't care anymore.
Just add the new cron bits to the log, I think they're fairly important. Then all it needs is some docs 😛

This post has been edited by Guy : 03 August 2006 - 04:53 AM

@guy, on Aug 3 2006, 05:48 AM, said in [ANN] SpacePort 1.2 Beta 5 Now Available:

My computer is telling me this new version is classic app ??? Runs fine regardless though.

That happens with RB4. It's very unpredictable. Sometimes it says it's Classic but isn't, sometimes it really is Classic despite me setting it to compile as Carbon (I think it also just says application sometimes when it's Classic), and sometimes it doesn't add the icon.

Come to think of it, this only happens with SpacePort. shrugs

Armor recharge is still zero but honestly I've decided we should have ignored this crap and I don't care anymore.

Did you uncheck the "no armor regen" checkbox? 🙂

Just add the new cron bits to the log, I think they're fairly important. Then all it needs is some docs 😛

As in, note that it uses b1000 or whatever? Or that it was converted? I was planning on doing the latter, but I could do both.

@orcaloverbri9, on Aug 4 2006, 03:51 AM, said in [ANN] SpacePort 1.2 Beta 5 Now Available:

That happens with RB4. It's very unpredictable. Sometimes it says it's Classic but isn't, sometimes it really is Classic despite me setting it to compile as Carbon (I think it also just says application sometimes when it's Classic), and sometimes it doesn't add the icon.

Come to think of it, this only happens with SpacePort. shrugs

How odd. Disappeared when I made a duplicate of it though.

@orcaloverbri9, on Aug 4 2006, 03:51 AM, said in [ANN] SpacePort 1.2 Beta 5 Now Available:

Did you uncheck the "no armor regen" checkbox? 🙂

My apologies, you're quite correct 🙂

As in, note that it uses b1000 or whatever? Or that it was converted? I was planning on doing the latter, but I could do both.

Yeah, the bits used so that the user will know to avoid those if they plan on making additions to it. Both would be fine 🙂

I'll make a compatible EV data file shortly that you can include.
(edit) Well the EV side of conversion has issues of its own (namely outfits don't open in Rezilla again) and I really don't want to investigate anything further, especially since I can't run the original EV to verify things. So rather than convert a new data file entirely with SpacePort I've just changed the govt classes, ship speed, and added booms to make the existing data compatible. Unfortunately it's just a couple of k over 100 so I can't attach it.

This post has been edited by Guy : 04 August 2006 - 04:07 AM