AI Ships(systems and groups)

Does anyone know how to create a ship, like one of the ATMOS, and have it show up at almost every system? I figured out how to make the ship and the pilot's graphic...but i cant figure out how to change what he says and the probability of showing up in each system. I set the pilots allegience to -1 i think, so he should be independent. But what category tells what the probability for it to show up in a system?

Also, i want to create a group of AI people, like pirates, that fly around the galaxy. How do you set their boundries and how do signify their leader? Becuase i want to have the whole group of AIs to come as backup for the leader when the leader is under attack.

The european keyboard is so hard to use...there is like 9 more keys on teh d*m thing =ç

For the individual ship, its a pers resource. It would be possible to set a flet (fleet) resource where it looked like that pers was leading it.

ah ok, ill have to remember that. how about setting up a group of armies or such? like the wild geese group or the pirate group? i want to make like a cyborg group or something like that =D
But i still dont know how to change what my AI pilot(not group) says when u hail him. And i still dont know how to make that pilot show up in almost every system...anyone know?

This post has been edited by chronodrago : 19 June 2006 - 11:51 AM

well there should be a field in the pers resource that controlls his likelyhood of showing up, or perhaps it's in the Syst resource? (been to damn long since i did this....) alternately you could make a fleet that appears in every system and just assign one person to it (kinda a rough solution though)

@chronodrago, on Jun 19 2006, 10:35 AM, said in AI Ships(systems and groups):

ah ok, ill have to remember that. how about setting up a group of armies or such? like the wild geese group or the pirate group?

That would be done through the dude resource. Make the group a government, make a dude that is set to that government and put the ship types you want to appear into the dude resource. Then, in every system you want that dude to show up, you put it's ID.

I haven't worked with pers resources before, but I think they're relatively similar. The one resource I have never edited.

@crusader-alpha, on Jun 20 2006, 05:40 PM, said in AI Ships(systems and groups):

That would be done through the dude resource. Make the group a government, make a dude that is set to that government and put the ship types you want to appear into the dude resource. Then, in every system you want that dude to show up, you put it's ID.

I haven't worked with pers resources before, but I think they're relatively similar. The one resource I have never edited.

Well, if you want "a" pers ship to show up in every system, you'd have to edit every system resource you want it to show up and add in the RID (resource ID) of that particular pers in the ship attribute section.

This post has been edited by Coraxus : 20 June 2006 - 10:41 PM

Or try making 20 copies of the pers. Actually, I'd be interested to know what happens when you do that.

Ill just make 1 copy of the pers and have one set to show up in just this gov't and then the other to show up in every gov't but that one. So that it shows up more often in the gov't it belongs to. Although i might make a few mroe copies and set it to some specific systems as well.