EVO for EVN Update

I think we all know what ints and floats are. But whatever the case, as a consequence of this I have just removed regen from the Krait and Prototype Azdara. And noticed a couple more things:
Ships with 0 shields do not regenerate armour.
The zero-speed warship feature Edwards mentioned works in EVO too.

@derakon, on Apr 6 2006, 08:04 PM, said in EVO for EVN Update:

It's not so much "mandated" as "a side-effect of using integers". Integers, by definition, do not record any values to the right of the decimal point, so those values get discarded. If the EV engine used floating-point numbers (a fancy name for numbers that do record values to the right of the decimal point), then you wouldn't have this problem.

Incidentally, that negative shields thing explains something I'd always wondered about - why it takes so long for my shields to start recharging! You can sit for a long time at 0% shields before the recharger kicks in.

Duh, of course EVs use integers (many calculations are integer-based, this comes from the good old times of EVC and 68k when floats were expensive as they had to be handled in software, and no data in the data files is floating point), the matter is that C mandates that the rounding be done down (towards 0) instead of to the nearest integer.

So, armour is like colour: a silly contention point between International English and the particular sub-dialect spoken in some parts of America. Not that we don't have our own with our cousins from the other side of the Atlantic, though (and with our cousins just north, isn't it Pace)...

This post has been edited by Zacha Pedro : 07 April 2006 - 11:40 AM

Crap, another error! :mad:
Updated again - Escape Pod desc now works.

Also check the "Renegade Arada" target pic, I think it's missing for the EVO face lift plug-ins.

This was intentionally deleted - you will not notice it's missing.

I'm still surprised I (or anyone else) never noticed that the Krait doesn't regenerate shields. Just to be sure, could someone else verify this for me on the original EVO?

This post has been edited by Guy : 09 April 2006 - 04:44 PM

I assume that "100 shields" is ResEdit scale--the UE Fighter does regenerate shields.

At any rate, I was initially outraged when I saw your changes--thinking it was untrue to the original. But I checked it, and it really was true that the Krait doesn't regenerate shields.

So your change was accurate.

-Bob

@guy, on Apr 9 2006, 04:43 PM, said in EVO for EVN Update:

This was intentionally deleted - you will not notice it's missing.

That's just it, it is notice-able. I didn't know this by tinkering with the plug-in resources themselves, I did it by playing the plug-in, if it wasn't notice-able, then I wouldn't have brought it up in the first place. Check my attachment and you'll see what I mean.

@consul-bob, on Apr 9 2006, 12:07 PM, said in EVO for EVN Update:

I assume that "100 shields" is ResEdit scale--the UE Fighter does regenerate shields.

At any rate, I was initially outraged when I saw your changes--thinking it was untrue to the original. But I checked it, and it really was true that the Krait doesn't regenerate shields.

So your change was accurate.

-Bob

Yeah, going by the actual data in the resources, not what's displayed in the ship info. Thanks for confirming that for me.

@coraxus, on Apr 9 2006, 02:17 PM, said in EVO for EVN Update:

That's just it, it is notice-able. I didn't know this by tinkering with the plug-in resources themselves, I did it by playing the plug-in, if it wasn't notice-able, then I wouldn't have brought it up in the first place. Check my attachment and you'll see what I mean.

Ah, that'll be because you don't have the latest EVO.

Strange, I thought I did have the latest version of your EVO port, I'll go ahead and download it anyways just to make sure.

(EDIT) Nope, downloading the latest didn't do anything, I'm still unable to get the renegade arada, merchant arada and Emalgha warship target pics to show up in the Facelift plug-ins.

Apparently, there seems to be more pics missing in the Facelift plugins despite the latest changes in the EVO port. Some of the inaccessable ships needs to have main shipyard pics to show up whenever they're hailed, like those Azdgari variant aradas and Azdaras.(/EDIT)

(UPDATE)

Okay, I decided to once again download the whole EVO port set, and finally for some odd reasons, all the missing pics are finally showing up.

(/UPDATE)

This post has been edited by Coraxus : 11 April 2006 - 02:16 PM