Making Ships:

I guess this has been asked several times before, but i'll shameless ask again 🙂

How can i make Nova sprites out of my 3D models? I get the whole ship attributes stuff and such, but i didn't manage to make a ship with own graphics 😞

And before you ask: Yes, i read the bible, but i didn't get it (i'm using the current version of mission computer)

-Lukas

This post has been edited by lukasn : 27 March 2006 - 01:33 PM

If you've read the Bible and had difficulty with specific parts of the process, it'd be helpful if you asked questions specifically about the parts that you don't understand. Unless, of course, you didn't understand any of it.

@lukasn, on Mar 27 2006, 10:07 AM, said in Making Ships::

I guess this has been asked several times before, but i'll shameless ask again 🙂

How can i make Nova sprites out of my 3D models? I get the whole ship attributes stuff and such, but i didn't manage to make a ship with own graphics 😞

And before you ask: Yes, i read the bible, but i didn't get it (i'm using the current version of mission computer)

-Lukas

The 3d part of it depends very much on what software you are using. Generally, you need to figure this part out on your own.

Set up a 36 frame animation of your ship rotating.
Render to a movie (.mov) file.
Use movies2sprite from wootware (do a search if you don't know where to find m2s).
Sprite and mask your file, and import it into your plug.

As for making sprites/masks, see This Thread. (Also the second or so post in that thread contains a link to an older thread which may also contain some information which may be of use to you.)

This post has been edited by Skyfox : 27 March 2006 - 01:57 PM

Well, that's the part i don't get. How do i make a propper animation in blender/wings?

-Lukas