New TC, Need Graphics

Keldor Sarn, on Sep 12 2005, 11:27 PM, said:

Since Nova sets up the defense fleets at character creation, any planets you make and add and test with an old pilot won't have their defense fleet.

It's the same with përses -- to have them show up in the game, you need to create a new pilot.

I forgot defense fleets are set at character creation, started a new pilot and it works fine now, thanks.

And NebuchadnezzaR, was the sigma ship already in the system? I don't have any problems with getting ships to hypergate out if they were there when I jumped in. I just can't get them to hypergate out if they hypergated in, or do anything else but try to hyperspace for that matter. This doesn't apply to interceptors of course, as they don't try to leave a system after entering it.

As for the asteroid miner, looks like you've encountered the same behavior Guy and I have. But are you sure you edited the ship to have less than 100 fuel? If you don't actually change a ship's fuel capacity, it can always hyperspace.

Vast Deathmaster in this thread seems to have run into the same wall too. Unfortunately, I think it's the wall called engine limitations.

I've started thinking about the next best thing to having to always use hypergates. Maybe I can have clusters of systems, with hyperlinks connecting systems in the cluster and hypergates linking the clusters. I could say there's a type of drive between conventional engines and the hyperdrive that just lets you travel extremely quickly instead of actually folding space and jumping between systems instantly. This should get rid of most of my problems.

This post has been edited by Sealgaire : 12 September 2005 - 09:30 PM

Mmhmm, I edited the fuel cap and everything. I also set something really cool up. Asteroid miners with no weapons and "destroy asteroid" set arc around asteroids in a lorenz attractor sort of fashion (like two butterfly wings, randomly picking which wing they fly to every time), add the fact that every ship in the system goes for the same asteroid, and finally a large, slow ship with a heavy beam. The large ship lumbers towars the asteroid and the mini ships race towards it, loop around it, then the large ship fires (it waits till it gets WAY too close... this is actually kind of annoying), scattering debris everywhere. The large ship then lumbers towards the next asteroid as its mining drones pick up the rubble of the asteroid (and often the one behind it, if its a crowded system.

Just looks so damn cool 😛 I almost feel bad about revealing a secret from my upcoming plug. Consider it a teaser or something?