Frozen Heart 3 - Fallen Angel

Have you tried dummy outfits or ranks with contribute bits that the missions in question require?

Regulus, on Jul 21 2005, 08:48 AM, said:

Have you tried dummy outfits or ranks with contribute bits that the missions in question require?
View Post

I had a play with various work-arounds, but as I couldn't get it to go wrong reliably or predictably, it's currently stalled.

Enjoy the story, though.

I'd like to take a look at this problem once Windows 1.0.9 (which is in beta right now) is finalized and released to the public.

Are you on the beta list Martin? If you aren't I'm sure they'd allow such a respected member to get copy of 1.0.9b so as FH may be released a little quicker.

Guy, on Jul 21 2005, 04:45 PM, said:

Are you on the beta list Martin? If you aren't I'm sure they'd allow such a respected member to get copy of 1.0.9b so as FH may be released a little quicker.
View Post

I think they might be a little more strict. And it all depends on how they're feeling when they get a request about this.

Still, I hope they would allow Martin to Beta 1.0.9.

I am enjoying reading this very much. I like what you've done with the medium.

Since it's in "beta", here are a few typos I've spotted:

"The moon got was where we first went."
"Which is always kind of ddangerous."
"When it was already, they switched on the field, and filled the area with incendiary bombs."

And this appears to be a misrendered piece of artwork: In the panel with, "WAIT! Listen! Something's wrong! Sand's shifting. We're in for a storm. Quickly. Into the ruins. If we're caught out here..." Anna's nostril is glowing when it should, unless I'm misinterpreting the light-source, be shadowy.

This post has been edited by Qaanol : 22 July 2005 - 02:59 PM

CaptAceHarddrive, on Jul 19 2005, 03:52 AM, said:

Nope! All good from my end!
If you can't get it, here's the url:
http://www.martintur...l/Launcher.html

~Tim 🆒
View Post

**Actually, it turned out that I simply needed a better browser (netscape over IE):)

Excellent work as always, Martin. The storytelling was a bit choppy for my taste at first, but once I settled into it, I began to seriously dig the story.

_bomb

Ya wanna better browser, bomb? (How's that for alliteration?) Try Mozilla's Firefox! I have never been happy with a browser before (and Thunderbird for email) until I got Firefox!

~Tim 🆒

CaptAceHarddrive, on Jul 22 2005, 04:39 AM, said:

Ya wanna better browser, bomb? (How's that for alliteration?) Try Mozilla's Firefox! I have never been happy with a browser before (and Thunderbird for email) until I got Firefox!

~Tim 🆒
View Post

**Tragicomically, I'm still using a machine running OS 9, which as far as I can recall, is not supported by Firefox.

Otherwise, I would have upgraded as soon as I could; IE is unstable enough on windows machines; on a mac its a pure terror.

_bomb

Qaanol, on Jul 21 2005, 11:36 PM, said:

I am enjoying reading this very much. I like what you've done with the medium.

Since it's in "beta", here are a few typos I've spotted:

"The moon got was where we first went."
"Which is always kind of ddangerous."
"When it was already, they switched on the field, and filled the area with incendiary bombs."

And this appears to be a misrendered piece of artwork: In the panel with, "WAIT! Listen! Something's wrong! Sand's shifting. We're in for a storm. Quickly. Into the ruins. If we're caught out here..." Anna's nostril is glowing when it should, unless I'm misinterpreting the light-source, be shadowy.
View Post

Duly noted.

The glowing inside of heads seems to be a Poser 6 artefact that I haven't managed to sort out yet. I will probably go back and touch up most of the photos.

Thanks for the spelling stuff -- there is no spell checker in Comic Life, so some of them got through the net.

You're welcome for the spelling stuff.

Thanks for the comic stuff. And the plugin stuff. And the, um, just plain being awesome stuff. 🆒

Qaanol, on Jul 22 2005, 08:49 PM, said:

You're welcome for the spelling stuff.

Thanks for the comic stuff. And the plugin stuff. And the, um, just plain being awesome stuff. 🆒
View Post

You're welcome.

I've now written the first full page of book two

Some of those pics are photos, right? Where are they?

The bottom corners of the frame are slightly off. Their height is set to 12 when they should be 14.

Guy, on Jul 23 2005, 11:13 PM, said:

Some of those pics are photos, right? Where are they?

The bottom corners of the frame are slightly off. Their height is set to 12 when they should be 14.
View Post

There's only one photo, which is the first picture on page three (the start of the story). All the rest is Bryce, Poser, and Strata.

(edit) Correction - there's two. The hanging creepers were from Birmingham Botanical Gardens. I think the mountain scene at the start is in Cumbria. But all the rest are genuine virtual images.(/edit)

Which frames are we talking about?

Martin Turner, on Jul 23 2005, 11:22 PM, said:

View Post

Oh, hang on, I see it now. Seems to be a bug in ComicLife. I'll raise it with the software authors.

Regards

Martin

Martin Turner, on Jul 23 2005, 11:22 PM, said:

There's only one photo, which is the first picture on page three (the start of the story). All the rest is Bryce, Poser, and Strata.

(edit) Correction - there's two. The hanging creepers were from Birmingham Botanical Gardens. I think the mountain scene at the start is in Cumbria. But all the rest are genuine virtual images.(/edit)

View Post

Really? The one at the top of page 6 could have fooled me. If that's really fake then nice job! 🙂

Guy, on Jul 25 2005, 04:38 AM, said:

Really? The one at the top of page 6 could have fooled me. If that's really fake then nice job! 🙂
View Post

Mm. Now I look at it closely I begin to doubt it. I've tracked it down on my hard-disk, but can't find the Bryce file.

Which means I may have to get rid of it.

Which is a pity.

Any others?

godly. great job.

cant wait for the plugin.

since i changed from mac to win, i cant play FH, and FF, and i miss them greatly.

Comicbook Guy Voice: Most Awaited Plugin Ever.

Martin Turner, on Jul 25 2005, 04:51 PM, said:

Mm. Now I look at it closely I begin to doubt it. I've tracked it down on my hard-disk, but can't find the Bryce file.

Which means I may have to get rid of it.

Which is a pity.

Any others?
View Post

None that I can remember. Why might you have to get rid of it?

Guy, on Jul 26 2005, 12:40 AM, said:

None that I can remember. Why might you have to get rid of it?
View Post

Because the copyright might belong to someone else.