Continuous Time Progression While Flying

Wow, thats a really good idea. Ill have to try that. This may be the final breakthrough that turns CTPWF™ into a reality o.0.

/edit: the only problem is that I use wormholes that point at hypergates quite often (for the dead ends. If theres only one place to go, i figure the menu might as well not show up). So It would be 50/50 in those systems that the ship jumps in through the local wormhole, both leaving a radar ghost in the middle of the system until the next ship comes in, and inexplicably opening the hypergate/wormhole thing.

But if it works perfectly otherwise, its awesome enoguh that i might change my hypergate implementation. Another thought is to just give it insane speed and no turning/accel so it pops into the system then well out of reach in a moment. A single frame of sensor ghost is well within my bounds of acceptability.

This post has been edited by NebuchadnezzaR : 30 July 2005 - 11:27 PM

I bet you could play havoc with sensor ghosts by making ships randomly jump in dead (no armor—does that work?) so that the radar screen almost always has weird blips appearing and disappearing. You could say that they're radioactive asteroids. Then your time progression ghosts would seem intentional. Or not.

Yeah, the zero armor is what we need already to make this time progression work. I was thinking about justifying it, but i couldnt find an excuse for why you wouldnt be able to buy an upgrade that got rid of the ghosts later on.