My plug in is going Nova! Run!

Guy, on Mar 8 2005, 05:13 AM, said:

Yes: Check the Important Links topic.
View Post

I did, and i found the correct part of the bible. but i still dont understand: where ! come into it, where ( come into it and where & comes into it.
i am also cofused as to telling what control bits are alreay used, so i can create new ones without getting the machine horribly confused.
:huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

Did you check out An explanation of Nova Control Bits? It's the same part of the bible but with a bit more explanation of things.

As for unused bits, there's a number of items in the guides section of the addons files including:
The EVN Bits Bible
ResUsed List 1.0.6
NCB Guide

(EDIT): double post

This post has been edited by Guy : 10 March 2005 - 04:55 PM

okay those helped, but i still dont get it, what is it i should be adding after a mission, because the second mission of the vellos seems to add some stuff and just magically have other stuff... i dont get it.

What exactly do you want to do?

Guy, on Mar 16 2005, 08:34 PM, said:

What exactly do you want to do?
View Post

i want mission one to start, then after mission 1 is completed, then i want mission 2 to be available in the bar. but the first mission never becomes available and i dont know how to set up the control bits to allow the second mission to start.

Go read the EVN Bible again. Read through the NCB expressions section and the misn resource section in particular; everything you need to know is there. If you don't get it after reading through it several times, there is very little that we can do to help you.

Now, in your case, I would make sure both missions have 100 in AvailRandom (so they always appear). Next, go to the OnSuccess field for your first mission and put in the appropriate NCB expression to set a NCB. This basically means that you are setting a control bit to a value or activating it. In your second mission, you need to go to AvailBits and make sure that the same NCB expression you used in the OnSuccess for the first mission is present in the AvailBits field for the second mission. This is the easiest way to chain missions together.

No, im developing for windows because i own a windows pc and dont actually own a mac, this is difficult enough with one format thanks all the same. and i keep mentioning windows becasue you get windows orientated advice and mac advice may not work.
Its nothing personal (or for that matter professional). if the plug can be easily converted: good. but my aim is to make this plug for my computer. not neccissarily yours.

You apparently know very little about how the application as implemented upon the two platforms works.

ankhwatcher, on Mar 16 2005, 07:58 PM, said:

i want mission one to start, then after mission 1 is completed, then i want mission 2 to be available in the bar. but the first mission never becomes available and i dont know how to set up the control bits to allow the second mission to start.
View Post

Go back to the Explanation of Nova Control Bits that I linked to above. A couple of posts down Zacha Pedro has a walkthrough on how to create a mission string.

(EDIT): I just noticed there's a whole EV Developer FAQ forum. One of the Qs is How do I make a mission? which will also tell you how to string missions together near the bottom. It was written for the original EV but the principles are still the same.

This post has been edited by Guy : 16 March 2005 - 10:25 PM