Problems with derelict ships

in an EV plug-in converted to EVO

I have been working on a Heart of Darkness (the fifth installment of the Empire plug ins for EV) conversion to EVO. It is mostly done except for going through both careers and testing them; however, I have encountered a problem. Ships that are supposed to be derelicts don't start disabled but start with their shields down. As far as I can tell, there is no problem with the government or with the ships. Does anyone have any ideas as to how to fix this?

This post has been edited by Selax : 26 December 2004 - 08:57 PM

It might be the conversion.Because there were some updates to EVO from EVC. So it may be it but I'm not sure.

What exactly do you mean?

I have encountered one difference. The personalities from Heart of Darkness use zeroes instead of negative 1 for weapons types and even carry some weapons which I have not seen an EVO derelict doing. I have tried putting the EVO derelicts government in. I have tried changing the AI on the ships to be like that of the EVO derelicts. Nothing has worked. As far as I could tell these ships were working for the most part until recently, but I can't find anything wrong.
Is there someone I could send the plug in to that could figure out was wrong?

Look at the original data for derelict ships... use Mission Computer, allows you to see data from all EV games.

Check and make sure that all the data matches, with the exception of the name and such, and THEN try again.

If something is still wrong then you may have corrupted data in some way, shape, or form.

Well, I had been testing it in EVO 1.0.1, but I have now switched to 1.0.2, and it is now working. I should be done with the plug-in after a few more changes. One question: should the Heart of Darkness beginning be changed to say a "A plug-in for Escape Velocity Override" or be left alone? There have also been some changes (such as what Cap'n Hectorina says).

I have encountered a similar problems like this when I was creating FOTVE, particularly, on fighter type vessels. the UE Intruder would never show up disabled as I wanted it to, and instead it had shields down. What I realized was that I had to tweak the shield regen rate and shield/armor points so it would work properly. I don't remember if I set the flag for "Ships disable at 10%" or not. But try messing with the settings I just mentioned.

I have encountered another derelict problem. In the mission 'Realm of the Loyal II', the escapepods will not start disabled. I have tried changing their settings, I have reinstalled EVO, and I have tried to change the mission settings, but they still don't work. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Also, the escapepods can be hailed and will hyperspace out of the system. If there is no way to fix this, I'll have to change all of the rescue people from escapepods missions to rescue people from ships (shuttles maybe?) missions. This would involve changing the briefings and it would be a noticeable difference from the original plug-in, so I would like to avoid it if possible. Would this change be okay if I am unable to fix the escapepods?

Never mind. I fixed it by changing the dude to 'General Purpose Lifeboat' and changing the armor strength.

This post has been edited by Selax : 31 December 2004 - 09:39 PM