Sprites

rled, rle8, etc

On windows, how do you convert files into sprites? I can't seem to find a program to do this. 😞 😞 😞

Don't say EVNEW, that's not what i'm talking about

Clarify your question if you want an answer. What do you mean by sprites? What files? Why won't EVNEW work?

blackhole, on Sep 19 2004, 08:34 PM, said:

Clarify your question if you want an answer. What do you mean by sprites? What files? Why won't EVNEW work?
View Post

The title he gave the thread is " Sprites, rled, rle8, etc " so I would imagine he want to know how to EnRLE on a Windows machine.

I don't know for sure, but I don't think apps to do that exist for Windows - look into Mac emulation, perhaps?

Weepul 884, on Sep 20 2004, 05:13 AM, said:

The title he gave the thread is " Sprites, rled, rle8, etc " so I would imagine he want to know how to EnRLE on a Windows machine.

I don't know for sure, but I don't think apps to do that exist for Windows - look into Mac emulation, perhaps?
View Post

I would suggest finding someone who's able to do RLEs, and having them do them for you. I could do it, but I've only done 2 so far, and only one came out properly, so it's up to you.

-sigh-
EVNEW is able to make an Rle out of any image format that QT understands. You can import one big matrix with all frames, or one by one, or anything in between.

For those that may be wondering, yes, I've just recently had the chance to try EVNEW.

Alright, first off, I use a Windows machine, and I have done this before. What you have to do is render each frame of your ship animation or whatever and save them as different files (so render one and save it as 01. then render the next one and so on) and if your 3D modeling program allows you to see the alpha of the image save that one as the masks for each frame (I use Lightwave 7.5 and it does). Then you need a program like Photoshop (but any good program like it will do) and put all the images together in a grid format in the frame order in one file (do the same for the mask, if you 3D program doesn't allow you to save the alpha then make two sprite files and turn the contrast up all the way on one of them and that should work for the mask). Now you should have just 2 files in grid like format, one being the sprite and one being the mask, now, like what was said before, make sure you save it as a quick time readable format and just import them into EVNEW. It is more work then the Mac people have to do but in the end it's all same. I hope this helped out.

Asmodean, on Sep 23 2004, 11:44 AM, said:

Alright, first off, I use a Windows machine, and I have done this before. What you have to do is render each frame of your ship animation or whatever and save them as different files (so render one and save it as 01. then render the next one and so on) and if your 3D modeling program allows you to see the alpha of the image save that one as the masks for each frame (I use Lightwave 7.5 and it does). Then you need a program like Photoshop (but any good program like it will do) and put all the images together in a grid format in the frame order in one file (do the same for the mask, if you 3D program doesn't allow you to save the alpha then make two sprite files and turn the contrast up all the way on one of them and that should work for the mask). Now you should have just 2 files in grid like format, one being the sprite and one being the mask, now, like what was said before, make sure you save it as a quick time readable format and just import them into EVNEW. It is more work then the Mac people have to do but in the end it's all same. I hope this helped out.
View Post

Or, like ZP mentioned above, the Photoshop step can be skipped entirely. EVNEW does have the capability of loading frames one by one. All you need to do is tell EVNEW the total number of frames for your animation when importing the first frame. After that, just increase the first frame field by one for each successive frame when importing them.