Is there a list of start the strings? and misc. questions...

Is there a list of start the strings? and misc. questions...

Hi there, is there a complete list of where to start all of the (both primary and secondary) mission strings, and what the prerequisites for starting them are? Also, I'm interested in knowing about some of the "breaks" in the missions, where it isn't immediately obvious what to do next... finally, where are the "out of the way" places where you can buy hard-to-find things, and what do you have to do to get them?

Also, I downloaded one of the graphics packs on Guy's webpage, and it made the ships REALLY BIG. Are there any graphiccs packs that don't greatly increase the size of the ships that work with guy's Override for Nova?

At a glance this walkthrough looks okay.

QUOTE (Qaanol @ Nov 16 2009, 04:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

At a glance this walkthrough looks okay.

It is way, way, WAY too vague. I need things like, "go to this system at this combat rating and this system friendliness rating, it is in the bar this percent of the time. If you do this you can't do this other string. the next three missions happen automatically, but you need to go to this system at this combat rating to continue the string."

You know, a WALKTHROUGH of the start and the rough spots.

Explore. Play around. Try stuff out.

It's an open-ended game.

If you really want everything spoiled, open the resource files and read all the missions to your heart's content.

QUOTE (Qaanol @ Nov 17 2009, 08:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Explore. Play around. Try stuff out.

It's an open-ended game.

If you really want everything spoiled, open the resource files and read all the missions to your heart's content.

I've been trying that but I'm having trouble interpreting them... is EVNEW the best windows utility for this?

I'm running evo through evn for win.

Off the top of my head:

UE starts on Earth
Emalgha starts on Emalghia
Voinian starts on Pax Station
Miranu starts on Mira
Zidagar starts on Pozdag 3
Igadzra starts on Kitrak
Azdgari starts on South Tip Station
North Tip Renegade starts on…Hizdriar I want to say
Zachit starts on…Zachit Station I want to say
Human Renegade starts on Iothe Prime with a NEGATIVE legal status

There are a few other minor strings too. And some of the above have relatively independent parts that can be done in any order.

QUOTE (Qaanol @ Nov 18 2009, 04:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There are a few other minor strings too. And some of the above have relatively independent parts that can be done in any order.

Yea that's a big part of what I want... like how big are the shipping company strings? It was forever before I realized that both shipping companies were in the same system... AND where the system was! That's the sort of thing I was asking about.

This post has been edited by gavinfoxx : 18 November 2009 - 01:12 PM