New EV Override port

You know, there's ONE thing that EV4 really needs... a new explosion sprite setup where you can make a unique explosion for every orientation of a ship... I've always wanted to see a much more dramatic explosion with the hull buckling and pieces flying, but with the current way ship explosions are done, that just doesn't work. 😞

<cryptic grin>

Qaanol, that's awesome. I'll see you online. 😛

Please send me the most current beta version of the EVO port. Thank you.

@godzfire, on Jul 2 2008, 11:22 PM, said in New EV Override port:

How much of an idiot are you?
there is NO WAY they will let you port test.

@godzfire, on Jul 3 2008, 03:22 PM, said in New EV Override port:

Er, do you have EV4? I mean I know the answer to that but I'm just wondering what you plan to do with the EVO port if you don't have an engine to run it.

@of-doom, on Jul 2 2008, 11:10 PM, said in New EV Override port:

How much of an idiot are you?
there is NO WAY they will let you port test.

What your language child. You don't need to be rude now do you?

i do not generally make rude comments but you seem to make the stupidest questions and then get angry at people who try to correct you.

GodzFire : um, you wouldn't be able to do anything with it. It'd be like having an .exe game file on a Macintosh - completely useless without the necessary files.

Well... what do we have here? 😉

Reading this topic made me very interested, and I'm looking forward to whatever you all have got under the wraps now. Carry on.

carries on

We can't actually release data files anyway as the data formats are still kind of a secret, if you understand.

@guy, on Jul 4 2008, 02:29 AM, said in New EV Override port:

carries on

We can't actually release data files anyway as the data formats are still kind of a secret, if you understand.

I've already voiced my opinion on this matter, but I guess it won't hurt to say it again in public. Proprietary data formats just make modding the game a lot more tedious, as special editors have to be developed and the data format studied in detail because there is no easily accessible definition. But it's too late to change it now. Hopefully this new game attracts enough attention that serious attention is drawn to this issue and complete editors are developed this time around.

No, that wasn't what I meant. The data formats are not proprietary and are in fact well documented ;). But it's still pre-release stuff which we can't show.

This post has been edited by Guy : 04 July 2008 - 05:29 PM

Joke's over. We all know that you're not playing Nova online on a new EV4 engine. I'M ONTO YOUR SCHEMES YOU COMMIES.

You're right, we're not playing Nova. We're playing EVO under the new engine.

The more I read this topic, the more I find myself being torn between my original "I smell a Wumpus..." statement, and actually thinking this is true.

I'll give you guys the benefit of the doubt, and see what this looks like when it's all said and done. 🙂

@mackilroy, on Jul 6 2008, 05:24 PM, said in New EV Override port:

You're right, we're not playing Nova. We're playing EVO under the new engine.

And CTC! w00t 😄
Man, after all Qaanol's talk it turns out he isn't really that hot. I wasted him 6 times before he finally got lucky.

Just kidding, three of us ganged up on him (in more or less equally matched ships) and he took out myself and another guy before the third finally took him down :rolleyes:

stop teasing us. 😞

One word: salt. Lots and lots of salt.

could put the dead sea refinery out of business with all the salt

You'll get it...

...eventually.

Qaanol killed me in less than five seconds though. 😞 Fortunately my death bomb knocked out his shields long enough that when Guy and the others attacked him he was less-prepared than usual. 🙂