Government Sheild Colors

Suggestions Wanted

I'm making a plug that adds sheild colors to the existing government. So I need ideas and recomendations for colors from each government.

So far I am going to do:

Miranu: Cyan
Zachit: Cyan
UE: Blue
Voinian: Gray
Zidgar: Purple
Azdgar: Green
Igzdar: Yellow
Emaghla: Brown

NOTE: I plan do not plan on using 'bubble' sheild designs. Rather a 36 Frame sheild inner glow with noise.

Conditions:

RED is taken!

The Zachit and the Miranu count as two governments.

Two governments may have the same color.

This post has been edited by IT 000 : 08 September 2008 - 02:25 PM

Here's the colour scheme used by Facelift, for govt borders and shipyard images.

UE: Dark blue
Voinian: Red
Emalgha: Brown
Miranu/Zachit: Light blue
Zidagar: Purple
Igadzra: Orange
Azdgari: Light green
Renegades: Grey
Independent/Strandless: Yellow
Hinwar: Dark green (they get their own systems on the map)

So pretty close to yours except Miranu is the same as Zachit and Voinian is red (why is red taken?)

Since shield colours are a matter of the technology being used, rather than just a symbol, I wouldn't give each government a unique colour. Rather, I'd give all humans (UE, renegade, and independent) one colour; the Azdgari, Igadzra, Zidagar, Zachit, Strandless, and Crescent renegades another (they all use Crescent technology); a third to the Miranu (including the Miranu Gunship, even though it's used by the Zachit); and a fourth to the Voinians, Emalgha, and Hinwar (reasoning that the latter two, especially the Hinwar, depend largely on Voinian technology).

Emalgha depend on voinian tech?

It looks cool though, having all the different colours for different races 🙂

My plug takes place in the future. (At least a half a century) Emaghla has begun moving away from Voinian Technology.

Since shield colours are a matter of the technology being used, rather than just a symbol,

I think it would make sense that they would have different colors, Igzara don't have good ties with the Miranu, and have stronger sheilds. The Azdgari need to rely on quick regeneration speed. The Zidgar need a sheild that they got from the Miranu, but remodified for the purpose of their ships.

(why is red taken?)

I'm using it for an alien race from another galexy.

@guy, on Aug 29 2008, 07:24 PM, said in Government Sheild Colors:

It's conjectural, of course, but if they were able to invent their own shield technology, I'd also expect them to be able to build their spaceships out of something other than wood. 🙂

@guy, on Aug 29 2008, 07:24 PM, said in Government Sheild Colors:

It looks cool though, having all the different colours for different races 🙂

I don't know - I find it more interesting to have it show the design heritage of the vessels.

@it-000, on Aug 29 2008, 08:00 PM, said in Government Sheild Colors:

I think it would make sense that they would have different colors, Igzara don't have good ties with the Miranu, and have stronger sheilds.

Oh, the Miranu would definitely have different technology than the Crescent; I just think that the Crescent would all share a colour. Or perhaps the Azdgari would have one of their own, since they (more than any of the others) are interested in research into shield technology. Definitely not separate colours for the renegades or Strandless, though.

@it-000, on Aug 29 2008, 08:00 PM, said in Government Sheild Colors:

The Zidgar need a sheild that they got from the Miranu, but remodified for the purpose of their ships.

With the exception of the Miranu Gunship, which is invented during a storyline, there's nothing in the game to suggest that the Zachit use anything other than standard Crescent technology; they're contractors, not the standing army.

It is very hard wood!

I'd also expect them to be able to build their spaceships out of something other than wood.

I gave them a few recolored ships, an Arada and a UE Destroyer.

Definitely not separate colours for the renegades or Strandless, though.

I was thinking of giving the Renegade Arada's a red sheild.

With the exception of the Miranu Gunship, which is invented during a storyline, there's nothing in the game to suggest that the Zachit use anything other than standard Crescent technology; they're contractors, not the standing army.

Zidgar not Zachit

@it-000, on Aug 30 2008, 04:41 PM, said in Government Sheild Colors:

I was thinking of giving the Renegade Arada's a red sheild.

There's nothing special about its shielding, is there?

@it-000, on Aug 30 2008, 04:41 PM, said in Government Sheild Colors:

Zidgar not Zachit

Ah, sorry - it was the reference to the Miranu that confused me. Your plug-in involves co-operation between the Miranu and Zidagar, then?

Well, I've been customizing my govt colors as followed:
United Earth

Spoiler

Human Independent

Human Renegade
Emalgha

Spoiler

Hinwar
Voinian Empire
Miranu

Zachit
Zidagar
Igadzra
Azdgari

Spoiler

Strandless

Crescent Renegade

This post has been edited by Coraxus : 31 August 2008 - 03:52 PM

Ah, sorry - it was the reference to the Miranu that confused me. Your plug-in involves co-operation between the Miranu and Zidagar, then?

Oh, their the same...

I'll make them the same color.

My input: Shield colors mean little to me. What's important to me are decent storyline and missions. I don't even care if the graphics are crappy. 🙂

@it-000, on Aug 29 2008, 05:00 PM, said in Government Sheild Colors:

My plug takes place in the future. (At least a half a century) Emaghla has begun moving away from Voinian Technology.

This makes sense considering by now they will have had contact/influence from human/alien technologies.