Frozen Heart HELP

Kidnapping II

i am in the middle of a Frozen Heart mission where i rescue a survivor from orion. The map red flagged polaris so i landed there and now it flags New VEnus. I landed on New Venus and nothing happened. HElp <_< 😞 😞 😞 :blink: :blink: :blink:

This post has been edited by aarth : 25 March 2007 - 12:40 PM

It's been a few years since I played Frozen Heart, and I don't remember it being very buggy. Obvious questions: Was there a ship you were to board in Orion? Did you go to the bar?

Sometimes missions will red flag your FINAL destination, but you still must go to an intermediary place to do the mission itself.

I say if you can't pick it up, abort and try again.

P.S. Please tone down on the smilie usage. It's distracting. smiles

@callide, on Mar 25 2007, 04:33 PM, said in Frozen Heart HELP:

Was there a ship you were to board in Orion?

Isnt Orion a constellation though or is it a planet here? And yes, I went to the bar.

I don't remember, sorry. Maybe you were to disable a ship that hypers into the system to get the survivor> I don't remember. Did you try aborting and redo? If you don't get anywhere, send Martin Turner (it's his game) a PM, he's still (somewhat) active in the Dev Cor.

Are you sure the mission said rescue from Orion, and not "near" Orion, where you might have to look for a disabled ship or similar?

This post has been edited by Callide : 02 April 2007 - 01:04 PM

I think what you were supposed to do is rescue the survivor from the disabled ship, THEN land on Polaris. I know you have to rescue someone from a disabled ship (which starts disabled) and take the person somewhere (I forget where, but it seems like it is Polaris). The system the disabled ship is in is not Polaris, nor is it New Venus. You are supposed to figure out where the ship is by referencing the constellation. If you can't figure it out, I believe the answer is in the Readme. (I know it is written somewhere...)

I believe in the Original EVO scenario, the second time you rescue the voinian defector, there is an arrow pointing to Knox before you actually rescue him in the adjacent system (which has no arrow). That would be similar to this.

Problem is, if you do land on a planet before getting the mission ship, there is a bug in EVO that prevents it from appearing. (I heard this once, correct me if I'm wrong please.)
Also, you seem to have gone on and done the next mission that leads to New Venus (how you did that without rescuing the person I have no idea). If the mission is still in your mission info dialog, abort and retry. If it isn't, I hope you made backups.

EDIT: Whoops! This is a pretty old topic, yet on the first page... odd. Does it count as a gravedig if it is on the first page? If it does, sorry.

This post has been edited by Xizzix : 17 April 2007 - 06:07 PM

@xizzix, on Apr 17 2007, 04:04 PM, said in Frozen Heart HELP:

EDIT: Whoops! This is a pretty old topic, yet on the first page... odd. Does it count as a gravedig if it is on the first page? If it does, sorry.

In my book, Gravedigging is defined if you post in a topic that's been dead (inactive) for at least 4 months (though the various bars on the forums are exceptions). So no, it's not gravedigging, especially since the topic's only been dead for a few weeks.