The No Name Bar

He thoughtlessly shook hands when the young man offered his hand. The young man didn't notice his blunder but left to deliver his poem. Matt listened to the quiet exchange between them, unable to hear the words even if the intent was unmistakable, and sat back to think. Multiple personalities weren’t exactly uncommon, but he had the feeling this was more then mere schizophrenia. He had run into a few people who claimed to be possessed by “spirits,” and he had absorbed several who were. The spirits that seemed real to him always deserted their hosts when they came into danger, and he’d never absorbed a spirit. Whatever it was, it knew one thing; he really couldn’t guess its motives. Physical beings were unpredictable, astral beings were far worse. He could also just be being paranoid; it could just be a convincing psychosis. It might matter, he’d watch this other one carefully.

------------------
I move along the path alone, without a friend, without a home.
Yet though this tortured path I roam, knowing that my mind doth foam;
in madness shall I ever seek, an answer for the poor and meek.

(This message has been edited by Paranoid (edited 08-07-2004).)

OOC: Jacey, what's supposed to show on that link you posted? It says “coming up” for a while, but then it turns white and nothing happens.
Paranoid, Matt? The same Matt from the Albatross?

------------------
The lie is a truth, too. The truth of the one who believes it.
The Boozerama Bar died 05-10-2003. May it rest in peace. May it rest for ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and may it never return.

Yume stared at the poem Jacey had written for her as one word had truly caught her attention. 'Seraphim'. Why did that word look so familiar? She wondered as she re-read the phrase which held that word in it.

But she didn't have time to answer her own question, as she looked up to realize Jacey standing there over her. Blue hues blinked as she looked to him while he leaned down to whisper in her ear. It was the last few words that got her... 'I wait patiently, and I am yours'.

Yume stared at Jacey for a while longer as he seemed anxious and nervous about her response. Perhaps he was ready her expression wrong? As a rejection? That wasn't in her expression but nevertheless, she took another glance to the poem he gave her.

Such depth of feelings and emotions. That's why she liked poetry. They held the writers emotions, feelings, and thoughts. She found poetry a better way to expression emotions than physical actions. This poem had Jacey's emotions towards her and even told her that if the feelings for her were just lust, all he wanted was to see her "spirit"?

Her spirit... She wondered for a moment as she looked back. Hadn't her spirit been taken away from her a long time ago? And without her spirit, she just had no will to live anymore. And yet, he says that one dwells within the depths of this shell which she thought was empty. Could he see something she couldn't? She wondered as she glanced one more time to Jacey.

Yume slowly got up from her seat and took Jacey's hand as she led him out of the bar. They walked through the darkness while Yume told no clue on where they were going to Jacey who seemed to be wondering where she was taking him. The poem that Jacey had written her was folded and in her other hand as she re-read it in her mind. Patience..., she wondered.

Not until they were at a dark, secluded place which she knew no one was around or would pass by any time soon. She led Jacey to the depths of the shadows of the place before she would turn to face him. Jacey looked to Yume as she stared at him with those sapphire eyes of hers while he waited now.

He was risking the shattering of his fragile heart to her, Yume thought as she stared at him. She had met many males who had wanted to court her but none like Jacey. He was quite persistent but in a different way. He tried to keep his distance until she made her decisions. Others pushed and clinged to her.

The two them just remained staring at each other as that silence loomed over them like a lurking ghost. Finally, Yume moved closer to Jacey as she looked to him. They seemed to be the same height although of course Jacey was slightly smaller. Perhaps it was because Yume was wearing boots?

"Yume..."

Jacey was cut short on his sentence by Yume's lips as she kissed him.

At first, Jacey hadn't expected that but he wouldn't deny that he liked it as he wrapped his arms around Yume's waist while he closed his eyes.

Yume's hands roamed to Jacey's shoulders as she dared to deepen the kiss once she felt those wonderful sensations she had experienced the last time they kissed...

----------

The kiss had been broken as Yume looked to Jacey. She wasn't sure how long they had been standing there kissing one another but perhaps it was worth it as she stared at Jacey's dazed yet content expression.

Yume moved so that her lips could be near his ear so that he wouldn't see that she wasn't talking with her mouth but telepathicly like last time even though she had wrote to him that she couldn't talk with her mouth and only telepthicly.

"Patience shall be rewarded..." Those words were whispered to him before Yume pulled away from the grasp of his arms.

Yume stared at Jacey. She wondered how patient he would be. He would have to be very, very patient if he ever wanted her heart. But then again... he might never get it at all even if he is patient for her heart still clinged to another. He might prove useful to her in the end so she saw no harm in sticking with him for the moment.

And yet... as Yume looked to him now there in the shadows with a hopeful expression on his face. He seemed so optimistic... just like.... Yume stopped herself before she finished that sentence. No one could ever replace Christopher... No one... She tried to convince herself as she glanced away from Jacey for a moment before looking back to him.

"...."

Yume held out her hand to him so that they could walk if he wanted to for a while or they could just head back to the bar. It did not matter to her. For the moment, his presence satisfied her emotional side which had loneliness to it. Who knows, she might actually reward his patience if he waits long enough.

But for now... she waited as she stood there beneath stars overhead twinkling in the midnight sky while she held out her hand to him as her hair swayed a little. She was not smiling, that was clear but was that a subtle smile in her eyes?

Jacey held on to Yume’s hand and pulled her just a little closer in order to brush a stray hair from her face.
Her blue hues reflected the evening starlight.
Yume let his hand drift slowly from her hair to her face.
Jacey gently stroked her cheek.

Then in a low, soft voice, almost a whisper, she heard him speak.
“I would wait forever just to share a moment like this with you.”

And for that moment, Jacey was satisfied staying with her in the darkness.

(This message has been edited by JaceySquires (edited 08-08-2004).)

Yume blinked as she looked to Jacey as he brushed a stray hair from her face before he finally started to stroke her cheek. It was a small gesture but she knew it held more depth as she stared at him.

He seemed to enjoy the moments with her. Especially the ones when the two of them were alone and he had Yume all to himself even for a brief time like right now. Yume just looked to him for now since he didn't seem to want to go anywhere right now but stay here with her in the darkness.

She wondered if he noticed that she was cold. Her body hadn't regained total warmth after she had lost herself in deep thought. It took a while for that. And yet, it had let her notice how warm his lips had been as she kissed him.

Yume saw that he did notice as he blinked before he spoke.

"Yume, you're freezing."

Yume just shrugged as if saying it wasn't such a big deal and that he shouldn't worry about it.

"Here, let me help. I'll make you all warm again."

Jacey smiled as he pulled Yume very close so that he could share his bodyheat with her. It was a good excuse anyways to have her right up against him just like that last time when she had pressed him up to the wall but just slightly closer this time.

Yume just blinked but didn't seem to mind as she leaned against him since he was warm and it helped her body to regain its warmth faster. She rested her head against his shoulder while she closed her eyes slightly and looked off towards the twinkling stars.

Jacey leaned his back against a nearby wall as he held Yume close to him while he joined her in gazing upon the starlight. He wouldn't want to be anywhere in the universe right now then with her at this moment as they both gazed at the stars while Yume was held in his arms.

Yume, however, wasn't really thinking the same thing. She was just letting him hold her close so that she could regain her body warmth while letting him feel good in helping her warm up since he wanted to help her. Although, she did enjoy gazing at the beauty before them while her sapphire hues glimmered as she leaned in closer to Jacey.

------------------
Life is learning to find happiness in any situation, however bad it may seem.

(This message has been edited by Seraphim (edited 08-09-2004).)

OOC:

SERAPHIM:about what I said earlier... I hadn't read the entire post and had just skimmed the first part! I didn't mean what I said! So dont change it! Don't change it! Don't change it! (unless you still want to... but I like it!! SERIOUSLY!!) Don't change it!!

slaps himself for a stupid comment made earlier

and then goes to bed early so he can wake up in the morning and follow up with a decent post

(EDIT)
can't fall asleep at 8:30 at night
Please don't change it unless you really want to... I didn't mean what I said... I'm stupid... you know that... I'm so stupid... I don't know what makes me this way... GAaaaaaaaah!!!

slaps himself until his arm falls off

(This message has been edited by JaceySquires (edited 08-08-2004).)

OOC: Wow... Well, lets see what I can do.

Page strode down the hallway. He stared into Larra's sillouhette's face. Ta-vora's crewman had been chatting in their native language since Ta-vora had gone back to the bar.
Page continued to stare into Larra's darkened face.
She had always been taken care of, this was the first time Page had seen any sign of weakness on her part. Even when the weave hunters stood before them Larra had kept herself calm. Page still wondered how and why it happened.
But there were other things on his mind. The man's face, and the mental shockaves that had given even Antaries a shudder down his spine.
And then there was Fettrin, but he was never a threat to Page. He was trapped, and his Nirttef's couldnt stand a chance against him.
Smoke curled out of Pages mouth and sailed upwards through the thick and filthy air. And then he heard it.
There was a small almost indetectable cracking sound. It was coming from the matrix trap. And the aura of the Acaran's swirling eyes began to grow.
Cracks spread across the matrix trap. Ta-vora's crewman looked back at Page at a loss for what to do.
"RUN!" The Vellosian yelled drawing his sword too quick for even an Auroran eye to see.
He charged forward, bracing the tight grip on his swords handle with his other hand. Nevell brought up Larra's swords to block Page's mighty downward slash. Inbfact the Attack was so strong, and the sword so heavy, that his guarded buckled, Sending Antaries' tip dangerously close to Larra's darkened face.
Page landed hard and sent his shoulder into Larra's sillouhette. Nevell slid backwards, and caught his balance once again.
And then Page heard something his minds eye remembered. The corridor they were in was still crowded by fools, watching Page and Nevell fight. Page needed to take a dive or else everyone in the room would die. Nevell repeated the chant for the dark magic spell. Unlike the last time however There was a beam of swirling black and white energies to interupt him. Page flared his weaves catching the spell, before it hit everyone else, and sucked it within himself. Nevell hit the wall and fell to the floor, momentarily defeated.
Page dropped Antaries and gripped his skull.
"BAD ****ING IDEA!"
Holding Nevell's spell inside him was tearing up his insides. Blood trickled out of Page's mouth on his left side. The Vellosian collapsed, and hunched himself over gripping his insides.
Nevell began to chuckle rather meniacly.
"Dont bite off more then you can chew," He said still laughing slightly.
Page shot up again quicker than any human could ever move.
"IF YOU THINK IM OUT FOR THE COUNT YOU"VE GOT YOUR HEAD MUCH FARTHER UP YOUR ASS THEN I THOUGHT ******* !" Page extended his arm, and Antaries flew back into his hand.
"NOW LET LARRA GO BEFORE I KICK YOUR ****ING ASS!!"

------------------
"WE ARE THE POPES OF THE PYROS!!" "WE ARE THE CRUSADERS OF CAPELLA!!" "THE FRIARS OF FIRE!!" "THE BAPTISTS OF BORAL 1!!!!" "THE CATHOLIC KILLERS OF NEW CALCUTTA!!!!!!" "WE ARE THE GOOD!! no.. no... THE BAD!!! yeah.. thats it.. THE BAD CATHOLICS!!!"

Originally posted by JaceySquires:
**OOC:

SERAPHIM:about what I said earlier... I hadn't read the entire post and had just skimmed the first part! I didn't mean what I said! So dont change it! Don't change it! Don't change it! (unless you still want to... but I like it!! SERIOUSLY!!) Don't change it!!

slaps himself for a stupid comment made earlier

and then goes to bed early so he can wake up in the morning and follow up with a decent post

(EDIT)
can't fall asleep at 8:30 at night
Please don't change it unless you really want to... I didn't mean what I said... I'm stupid... you know that... I'm so stupid... I don't know what makes me this way... GAaaaaaaaah!!!

slaps himself until his arm falls off

(This message has been edited by JaceySquires (edited 08-08-2004).)**

-falls over laughing-

------------------

When Ta-vora walks around a corner, he bumps into the two other Karee who had transported the matrix trap.
“Kre'Merah, I'm so glad we found you!” one of them gasps.
“What happened?”
“She escaped!”
“What? Who escaped?”
“Larra! She escaped the trap!”
“WHAT?!? This is impossible!”
He then tells them to go back to the Azula and ask Demon if he knows anything.
The two run off. Ta-vora runs, too, until he finds Page and Larra - or Nevell.
“You said escape is impossible!” Page shouts when he spots Ta-vora.
“A person caught in a matrix trap can survive being in the middle of a supernova!” Ta-vora answers, “Something must have been wrong with the device! When I find the one responsible for this, I'll throw him into Kano's Lake myself!”
At this instant, Nevell stands up, ready again to fight.
The Ka-nuth grabs his Crescent Sword and extends it. But this time he turns the lock on the handle a little wider, causing the blue gems embedded into it to glow. Every movement of the blade leaves a blue trail in the air.
Then he attacks the dark Acaran. When one of Nevell's blades hits Ta-vora's sword, the sword cuts through it. Nevell stares at the somewhat shortened blade.
Ta-vora grins. “Vibrate a tyrium blade with some fivedimensional energy and you cut through even the hardest substance like through butter.” he says.
But Nevell grins back, and while fighting back Page, he says something the Ka-nuth doesn't understand. Suddenly he drops his sword because of extreme pain in his hand. He falls to his knees, staring at the skin as it crumbles, forming cracks like a drying riverbed.
Concentrating on his matrix, Ta-vora tries to fight the progressing destruction, but he is only able halt it.
“Larra!” he manages to shout, “If you're still there, in the name of all gods or mights you may believe in! Fight him!”
But to no avail. Desperate, he watches the fight between Page and Nevell. They seemed equal and he had no idea how long this fight could last on.
If only I could help! But I lack the power to do anything
This is when he feels something entering his mind. No intruder, but a visitor. Ta-vora feels the might of the visitor and it feels somehow familiar.
YOU DO BUT I DO NOT!!!
What? Who are you?
MY NAME IS ALIKSANDR NI HARAKUR.
I can't remember that name
THERE IS A LOT YOU DO NOT REMEMBER, INCLUDING ME BUT I REMEMBER YOU WELL, YOUNG KA-NUTH. YOU ONCE HELPED ME SO I WILL RETURN MY DEPT NOW IF YOU ACCEPT MY HELP.
But what could you do? Are you able to return Larra to her original state?
NO, I CAN NOT. ONLY SHE HERSELF CAN DO THIS. BUT I CAN AT LEAST WEAKEN THE DARK ONE'S STAND.
But why can't you just drive him out of her body?
BECAUSE HE IS PART OF IT. I CAN NOT EXPLAIN THIS TO YOU BUT IT IS MORE COMPLICATED THAN IT SEEMS.
Then please, do what you can.(I)
Suddenly the dark Acaran stops dead in his tracks, a confused look on his face. Page stops as well, waiting for what was about to happen.
Nevell's eyes flicker and become blank. Then he drops to the ground, unconscious.
HE LOST THE CONTROL OVER THE BODY. THERE IS NOTHING MORE I CAN DO, EXCEPT HOPE. WE ARE QUIT AND I WILL LEAVE YOU NOW.
Wait! I still have no idea who you are.
WHEN THE TIME IS RIGHT, YOU WILL KNOW. IT IS NOT MY DUTY TO TELL YOU, I AM SORRY.

With that Ta-vora feels the presence leaving his mind. He also notices his hand being alright again.
Page looks at the Ka-nuth, confused.
“Did you do that?”
“No ”
“Then what happened?”
“You don't know the name Aliksandr ni Harakur, do you?”
“Don't think so.”
“Well, it looks like Nevell lost his control over her body, but I don't know how long this will last. We can only hope that she regains the control herself soon enough.”
He picks up his sword.
“Let's carry her to the Azula. In case Nevell regains control, we can always use another matrix trap. And this time I'll make sure it works properly.”
Page nods, they pick Larra up carry her away.
A few minutes later, she lies on one of the beds in the Azula's sickbay, a guard standing nearby with a trap in his hand.

(EDIT)Removed the part of the disappearing shadows.(/EDIT)

------------------
The Boozerama Bar died 05-10-2003. May it rest in peace. May it rest for ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and may it never return.

(This message has been edited by Ta-vora (edited 08-09-2004).)

OOC: whacks Ta-vora repeatedly with a squeaky inflatable hammer Making Nevell dissolve the shadow shield will cause his self-inflicted injury to go through it and kill Larra. I think I will rewrite the last part of your post. This is just after Nevell curses Ta-vora.

===========================

Smirking at Page, Nevell spun his unbroken sword around his hand a couple times. He was quite impressed that the Vellosian had survived his favorite death curse, though the spell that had killed Lance’s men dwarfed the one he had attempted. Again, the dark Acaran wished he could call up the equilibrium state. They wouldn’t stand a chance then.

Nevell gripped the sword a little tighter in a two-handed grip and leapt at Page. Their swords were a blur as the two warriors fought, the Vellosian constantly defending out of the fear that he’d hurt Larra. Fed up, Page blocked a direct strike with Antaries and shoved Nevell back. The Fourth slid a few feet away, recovering his balance even before he stopped moving.

The force of Aliksandr ni Harakur’s attack knocked Nevell flat on his back, shoving his mental presence back a few feet in the pecking order in Larra’s mind. She was still to far down to be a challenge to him, but someone else wasn’t.

Nevell’s shadows dimmed significantly as he stood, unsteadily. But it wasn’t Nevell any longer. Carnexi leaned forward on Larra’s sword, struggling to maintain the shadow shield that was both a curse and a lifeline. Blood began to seep out of the darker place over her heart.

Understanding that something strange was happening, Page and Ta-vora did not attack.

“Listen carefully,” she said softly. Just as Nevell’s voice seemed to be a darker variation of Larra’s, this voice was yet another. The same, but different at the same time.

Nevell struggled to pull Carnexi back and regain power for himself, nearly succeeding. She dropped the sword and stumbled forward. Not knowing why he did it, Page stepped up and kept her from falling. Her eyes, a lighter color then Nevell’s, darkened slightly as she faded back.

“Listen to what?” Ta-vora pressed, hoping this new development would clear things up. Carnexi didn’t speak for a moment as she tried to remain in control against Nevell’s relentless attack.

“You have to stop the shadows.” Her voice was no more than a whisper. “All of them.” Severely weakened, she moved her hand to the spot over her heart where Nevell had shoved Larra’s sword. Blood flowed over her hand. “Like this one.”

“How is that?” Page stared to ask, but was cut off as the silhouette’s fist came up lightning fast and connected with his jaw. The Vellosian flew back a few feet as Nevell stood, his eyes and shadows darkening back to their original condition.

The stupid woman...Carnexi had been out of control for far too long to keep it against him. But she had dealt a near fatal blow to him all the same, alerting his opponents to the one way to disable his shadow shield without killing his host.

Before Larra’s friends could recover, Nevell called his both pieces of his broken sword to him. At a mere thought command, the two shards fused together. With the twin swords once again in his hands, Nevell whispered a few words in Acaran, spelling the swords in the nastiest way he could think of.

Antaries flashed nearby before he was ready, and Nevell couldn’t block fast enough. The blade slashed through his arm, halting the shadows in the injured spot abruptly, leaving a band of unmoving black on his upper arm.

Nevell snarled furiously and stepped back, sliding into a defensive stance. He wouldn’t let them get through again. What he really wanted to do was open a portal and escape, but that was the one thing that would spell certain dethronement. Darbain would know just by the style of the opening, and then it would be all over.

Now that he knew what to do, Page was on him again, and the silhouette was suddenly occupied with blocking Antaries.

“Creta siteron,” Nevell snarled, and the Vellosian stumbled back, pain pressing down on him from all sides. It was a pity that the he needed to recover telepathically before he could use his favorite spell again, but this would work for now.

Ta-vora came at the Acaran from behind, but Nevell sensed him and whirled around, blocking the Karee’s strike with Larra’s left sword. The vibrating Crescent Sword had cut only a little through the black blade when Ta-vora fell to his knees, suddenly finding himself under unimaginable pain.

Nevell smirked. “You didn’t notice me curse these blades? I decided that whatever happened to my swords should also be done to the one damaging them. Now remove your sword before you cut yourself in half.”

Gasping in pain, Ta-vora obeyed, and Nevell swung his undamaged right sword at the Karee, on a course to neatly behead him.

The Acaran sword clanged to a stop as it met Antaries, which had just been shoved through Nevell’s stomach. Page pulled his sword out and came in for another attack, but the Fourth Telepath was already out of the way, grinning as the damage done to his left sword repaired itself.

“Stop the all the shadows, hmm?” Ta-vora commented through gritted teeth. “This won’t be easy.”

======================

Edit: Shoot, I forgot to write something about Demon...hang on a minute.

OOC: Okay, here ya go.

======================

The two Karee Ta-vora had sent to question Demon reached the sickbay of the Azula in good time. The medic who had given Demon the shot, however, stopped them at the door.

“It’s not a good idea to go in there.”

“We have to talk to him,” one panted. “His friend escaped the matrix trap.”

“The physician’s eyes widened. “I didn’t think that was possible! Well, go ahead, but I doubt you’ll get anything from him. He’s been sick ever since you brought him in here.”

“How so?”

“I think it’s a reaction to the antidote of the paralyses. I’ve seen it before, but never this bad. He’ll recover, but I don’t know when.”

The two Karee discussed this a moment, but decided to go see what they could find out anyway.

======================

Demon lay in his bed, watching the pretty colors dance across the walls. He remembered thinking that Ta-vora’s ship could use a more colorful paint job, but he hadn’t thought it would be done.

Two large blobs of color approached him, and the shapeshifter could hear them breathing heavily. He lifted his head, noting that the colors around him began to swirl much faster.

The Karee could think of nothing to say as the wolf lifted his head dizzily and threw up all over them.

------------------
If all the world's a stage, why'd I get the part of the psycho?

(This message has been edited by Synesthesia (edited 08-09-2004).)

(This message has been edited by Synesthesia (edited 08-09-2004).)

OOC: Sorry, I thought the shield would prevent injury instead of... whatever it does.

------------------

OOC: No problem. The shield absorbs the attacks at the cost of stopping the shadows. Once it is dissolved, the attacks go right through. To safely destroy it, you have to overload it by stopping all the shadows.

If you don't mind, I want to write that post. Sure, say your character stops the last shadow, but I call the aftermath.

------------------

Ta-vora once again had to watch the fight between the dark Acaran and the Vell-os. He had felt Aliksandr's strength. If not even he could stop Nevell, who could?
Stop the shadows without using my sword? Hm
He pulls his two-bladed dagger from his sash. It alone wouldn't do much damage, but
I'm sorry, Master Ja-nanin. I hope you understand that this is for a good cause.
He focussed on the blade and used his psionic abilities to shatter it, creating dozens of sharp little splinters.
Page notices what the Ka-nuth is up to, so he jumps back. Ta-vora uses his abilities to throw the splinter towards Nevell, accelerating them to very high speed. They hit the shadow shield and penetrate it. Several places had now stopped swirling.
He is able to do this a second time but then the dark Acaran manages to catch the splinters with his own abilities and throw them back at Ta-vora.
The Ka-nuth is able to prevent them from hitting him by completely shattering them. Another spell by Nevell stuns him again.
Your move Ta-vora telepathically says to Page.

------------------

Page withdrew his attack and pressed back onto defence. Blocking was never one of his strong suites, but he was fast enough to make up for his lack of defensive sword skill.
In the time between strikes Page thought. Soon he had put two and two together. The faint presence of blood through the shadows was in two places, over her heart and where Page had slashed her arm. Nevell, whoever he was, still managed to control Larra's body even with her mortal wounds. And The other voice from inside telling Page to get rid of the shadows.
Page knew this had to be through a mental fight, and he'd need someone to take over for a bit. Meanwhile The Vellosian was tired of defending.
Nevell charged forward both swords at the ready. Page who was ready to dodge for some reason froze in his sot. He dropped his arm, and guard, and loosened his body. Nevell smirked. Had Page given up? Did he want to die?
It was then that Larra's intruder realized the error of his ways. The color had began to fade from Page's entire body, and soon he was a sillouhette too. Nevell Felt Antaries' power wash over him, and could do nothing to stop the inevitable.
There was a flash of green light and the black bladed sword Ungar, swept both of Nevell's out of his hands.
Page's shadow dropped Antaries, and grabbed Larra's darkened face, Page's claw like fingers dug into the shadows, and the Vellosian through Nevell into the ground, still holding on tight.
---------------
OOC: Tell me if this is allright. If not I'll gladly edit.
---------------
Larra tried to climb up through the darkness. She clawed up at whatever was above. Her hands fumbled around a leg, but it kicked her back. She was in pain, and falling deeper and deeper into the depths of her mind. She let out a cry of despair as another figure climbed up her body, she fell deeper and deeper, and with each person that climbed above her she was pushed back.
And then almost suddenly there was a light coming from above. Larra felt a farmiliar warmth enter her mind.
And then there it was, a hand came down from above and grabbed her wrist. The thin arm yanked her up with ease. His dark clothes were tight to his thin figure, and he strode confidently up the ranks in control of Larra's mind. And Larra was going with him.
And then the man faced a bit of dificulty.
Nevell stood at the top of the black gourge, Larra's swords in hands.
The man who had helped Larra to the top. Stepped forward, Nevell raised his swords and took an offensive stance. The tall slender man in black, still walked forward. His face was covered almost completely by long black hair,and his broad shoulders looked even broader because of his large shoulder guard.
The only color he wore was the flicker of yello hanging from his back pocket. The bandanna wagged like a tail behing the man. On the back of his shirt was an inverted cross. Red dripping letters crowned the inverted crucifix. They read...
"The Bad Catholics," and the words the cross sat atop read, "Christian Killers."
The man was undoubtedly Page. And he still walked towards Nevell, his Aura expanding every step closer. Nevell began to rethink his strategy, and switched to defensive stance, in fear of being overpowered.
--------------
Page's sillouhette and been motionless for a few moments now. Ungar's black blade was presses against Nevell's throat, and its entire form glowed a deep emerald green. Ta-vora watched almost confused. He's never seen Page turn into a shadow before, and he had the distinct feeling that Page wasnt here anymore. The being that held Larra's body down was far more powerfull than even Page, and there was an almost ancient aura that teemed from the controller of Page's body.
"Ka-nuth," Another voice said through Page's mouth. "Use another of your Matrix traps on the girl and I, She won't escape again now that my younger half is inside. Take us to your healing chamber."
"Your younger half?" Ta-vora asked trying to better assess the situation.
"The one you call Page," The sillouhette replied.
"And who are you?"
"I am Antaries, now use your trap, I can only hold her back for so long un aided."
Ta-vora tossed his other matrix trap at the two and the red crystal formed around both of their bodies. the Ka-nuth called a few crewman to help him bring Page and Larra to the healing chamber.
"I keep hearing that name," Ta-vora said to himself, pondering for a moment, "Antaries..."
--------------
OOC: I didnt end anything but the physical battle, I still hope thisd is all okay, Lets just continue this in Larra's mind, it even gives you a chance to advance your story a bit, and develop a few characters.

------------------
"WE ARE THE POPES OF THE PYROS!!" "WE ARE THE CRUSADERS OF CAPELLA!!" "THE FRIARS OF FIRE!!" "THE BAPTISTS OF BORAL 1!!!!" "THE CATHOLIC KILLERS OF NEW CALCUTTA!!!!!!" "WE ARE THE GOOD!! no.. no... THE BAD!!! yeah.. thats it.. THE BAD CATHOLICS!!!"

OOC: I assume you mean the regeneration chamber.

A bit later, the red crystal is floating in the middle of the white crystals. Ta-vora sits nearby on the soft ground, but only to observe, not to interfere. He knows too well that he is unable to affect anything going on within the crystal.
In order to allow Antaries to act, he had reduced the trap's power, so that it would not stop mental activity. That was all he could do.
This and to hope
Now I understand what Master Ja-nanin said - that alliances with other spirits can be dangerous.

OOC: Just FYI, Ja-nanin was Ta-vora's mentor as Ka-nuth. Interestingly, he is Phanteon, and Phanteon and Karee are enemies.

------------------

Yume... Yume... Hey Yume!"
There in the sight was a girl with a tight pitch black bodysuit that covered her entire body while long, black hair flowed down the gorgeous curve of her back. Eyes opened to reveal ruby red crystals before they looked back to the boy who had called her which was Christopher.
The sky was at the night time setting and stars were in the hologram.
"Yes, Christopher?"
"Didn't you hear me when I called your name?"
Christopher asked as he finally came up to the girl who had been standing upon a hill for quite some time and hadn't moved an inch.
"I did hear you but I'm only suppose to respond to my code name that was assigned to me."
Christopher sighed and shook his head.
"Well, can you respond to the name Yume for now on? At least for me."
The girl said nothing for a moment before she spoke again.
"Done. I've made myself to respond to your voice whenever you call out the name 'Yume'."
"Ok then... so what are you doing out here anyways?"
"Nothing. I haven't been given orders yet so I'm only here to wait."
"Don't you even look at the stars?"
He points to the fake stars in the hologram sky.
"I know their not real but don't you at least gaze at them?"
"What for?"
The girl asked as she looked to where he was pointing.
"Stars are just a self-luminous celestial body consisting of a mass of gas held together by its own gravity in which the energy generated by nuclear reactions in the interior is balanced by the outflow of energy to the surface, and the inward-directed gravitational forces are balanced by the outward-directed gas and radiation pressures."
Christopher sighed heavily and shook his head.
"Don't think of that when you look at them. Don't you ever just gaze at them for how beautiful they are as they twinkle or flash?"
"They don't necessarly twinkle and flash, Christopher. Beautiful is just having qualities that delight the senses, especially the sense of sight."
"I wish you wouldn't talk like that all the time... but..anyways... Don't they look beautiful to you? Don't they delight your sense of sight?"
The girl just stared at him, emotionless before she looked back to the star filled sky.
"No. I was no designed that way. Even you should know that Christopher."
"Well, you should at least try, Yume..."
The boy went behind the girl and placed his hands on her shoulders while he kept his head close to hers so that their cheeks are almost touching.
"Just look at them for a moment... Don't think in your mind that their just gaint balls of gasses and flames... But look at how they shine... Try to at least admire them.. Not because you have to but because you want to..."
The girl stared at the stars for a moment as the silence stretched to seconds then minutes.
"Anything yet?"
"No. Like I said, I was not designed that way."
The boy sighed.
"Well I give up for today. Perhaps next time I might succeed in making you feel some sort of emotion..."
"You can try, Christopher, but I don't think there's a possibility of that happening."
"Perhaps but I'm still gonna try! I won't ever give up!"
The boy smiled and kisses her cheek before he runs off.
The girl looks back and watches him go away before she returns to looking at the stars.
And after a while, her expression softens as she gazes at them...

----------

"Yume...Yume!"

Yume opens her eyes to see Jacey looming over her. What had happened? She wondered as she groaned softly.

She remembered being held back Jacey...and then...that sting in her chest again like that time when that dark creature had bursted into the bar.

Then she remembered the world blurring and then going black... Had she blacked out?

She looked to Jacey now as his expression was one of worry and concern. She placed a hand to his shoulder as she stood up on her own again and nodded her head to say she would be fine. And for just for a split second... She had thought it was Christopher's voice calling out to her... when it was indeed Jacey's voice...

------------------

Dech had been watching the display of swordsmanship going on in his bar, and enjoying it immensely, totally unaware of the telepathic battling that was also occuring. He gathered that Larra wasn't actually Larra, and that Page and Larra were presently apparently somewhere other than the bar. Sighing inwardly, he absentmindedly pulled out his blaster pistol and began dismantling and cleaning it on the bar.

Glancing over at Jacey and Yume, Dech grinned. Catching Nicol's eye where she had gotten comfortable to watch the fight at the other end of the bar, he winked and grinned again.

------------

Now that the bar was peaceful, Dech was rather at a loss as to what to do to entertain his patrons and himself. Everything was perfectly clean, thanks to Yume. Dech grabbed Nicol's hand and they left the bar together.

------------

OOC: I'm back. I'm going somewhere with this, as soon as I get some help from a couple other authors. Collaboration is a wonderful thing.

------------------
(url="http://"http://thegreenfiles.net/")thegreenfiles.net(/url)
"Oh... is that right, Rambo?"
cogito cogito ergo cogito sum
thegreenfile@gmail.com

OOC: No, it’ll work...but one more thing about the shadows. They were weakened because their creator was momentarily thrown from control. Now that Nevell is back they have reabsorbed the damage, so Larra isn’t actually hurt any longer.

Nevell laughed maliciously, completely unafraid. Here, he was not wreathed in shadows, but appeared to be the flesh and blood form of a tall man, though he was too far away to tell anything else. “You are brave,” he commented lazily. “Attacking me on my own ground. But tell me...what do you plan on doing once you defeat me?”

Not waiting for an answer, Nevell snapped his fingers once, and the gorge dissolved into black plains. The sky was tinged with violet; the only feature making it visibly different from the smooth ground. Nevell was gone.

Larra sank to her knees, shaking, while Page surveyed their new surroundings. Five other forms, scattered across the landscape far away from them, were barely visible against the sky. “Where are we, Larra?” he asked calmly, having lost all sense of direction. “Who are they?”

The young Acaran’s answer was so quiet that the Vellosian had to stoop down to hear it. “The others,” she said softly, keeping her gaze fixed on the ground. Her voice had a strange, distracted quality that deeply disturbed Page.

“What others?”

“They were helping me, I think. But now he got them too, they’re worse off than me.” Larra shuddered as she spoke, but sounded as if she was totally unsure of what she was saying.

The sky flashed once, turning totally black. When the slight visibility returned, the five silhouettes were gone. Larra shrieked as a chain shot out of the ground, wrapping itself around her ankle and snaking up her leg, but she didn’t struggle.

Page grabbed her arms and started to drag her backwards, but the chain seemed to have infinite length. He stepped on something soft and stumbled back, nearly dropping Larra. The woman was obviously unconscious, bound tightly to the ground by the same chains that were attacking the young Acaran. She was almost a mirror image of Larra, save for the fact that while she appeared young, she still held a look of incredible age that was impossible to describe with any physical feature.

The sight of her was enough to make Larra scream and struggle to her feet, grabbing Page’s arm for support. As the chain binding her leg was dragged across the unconscious figure, it released her and joined the others in trapping the older woman.

Slowly, the chained woman began to sink into the ground. Larra screamed again, shaking violently. “What the **** is going on?” Page said aloud, but got no answer. Once the ground had finished swallowing her, Larra returned to her previous numb state.

“Larra, you have to explain to me what’s going on here,” Page told her, keeping his voice as calm as possible. “I can’t help you if I don’t know what’s happening.”

Another chain shot out of the ground and caught her, but Larra merely looked at it. “You can’t.”

Page stared at her. Still, she wouldn’t look him in the eye. That bothered him the most. Larra was the type that would always meet into someone’s eyes as she spoke to them, no matter the situation. “Can’t what? Why can’t I?”

Another chain leapt out of the ground, wrapping around her other ankle. “I can’t...stay. He....he’ll come back....I can’t fight him anymore....He’ll just win again...It’s over.” Page thought he understood what she meant. Nevell would only steal control away from her if she was restored to power.

“No, it’s not over,” the Vellosian demanded, not knowing what he could do to fix the situation. “You’re not just going to give up.”

“I’m sorry.” Larra didn’t even seem to be hearing him anymore. “I...hurt you...cat too...didn’t mean it...couldn’t...couldn’t stop it.” she swayed and her knees buckled. Page was the only thing keeping her on her feet.

“What? Couldn’t stop what?” Page was now thoroughly confused. “Cat...you mean Ta-vora? How did you hurt us?” Larra stared off into the distance, not bothering to answer. Then Page understood. She was forced to see what Nevell saw, but still powerless to stop him.

The chains reached Larra’s waist, and Page had to struggle to keep her from following the other woman into the ground. “You should go.” Larra seemed unable to keep a conversation, changing the topic once again.

“What I should do is kick that bastard Nevell back down into this pit and give you back control of your body.” Page answered calmly.

“No!” Larra seemed alarmed, finally showing emotion, though it was clear that the name Nevell seemed to confuse her, as if she had never heard it before. “Trapped...go...now.”

The Vellosian frowned, confused once again. That is, until he noticed the sky was steadily darkening, almost as if a veil was being thrown over the two. It was beginning to isolate them from the rest of Larra’s mind, and Page had a feeling the Dark Telepath intended it to be permanent. “If I’m going, you’re coming with me.”

Larra shook her head, staring pointedly at the ground. “No...want to stay...then....don’t have to...watch.” Page simply began pulling the chains off her, even though he thought he understood what she was saying. By allowing herself to be isolated, she wouldn’t have to see through Nevell’s eyes. He had never thought it possible, but here she was, broken and defeated.

“He can’t trap us forever,” Page insisted, having almost freed her from one chain.

“He has thousands of years experience.” The Vellosian stopped, then looked straight up into Larra’s eyes. They were dull, and almost unseeing, but she seemed to be comprehending the situation. At least, she could piece together a sentence now. “I have no choice but to help him,” Larra continued, “that means we won’t get out. He’ll leave here and hurt more people. You leave here and kill both of us, that’ll end it.”

“He won’t get out,” Page assured her. “Antaries won’t let him.”

“Four won’t be held forever. Antaries is good, but not good enough. No one is. Every barrier can be broken eventually. That’s my fault too.”

“How is it your fault?” the Vellosian countered, prying a chain off her leg.

“I could do it, I learned how. If I know he knows.” Page shook his head, at a loss of what to do. She was becoming hard to understand again.

The chains holding Larra were becoming more and more persistent. Soon, if she didn’t fight them herself, they would draw her in no matter what he did. Nevell was hiding in the world he created with his imagination, which was as good as real for Page and Larra. He could always make it so he would be hidden from them. The veil was darkening; soon he would be trapped as well.

A third chain snaked out of the darkness and wrapped itself around Larra’s wrist. She slid back, giving up.

“What about stopping the shadows?” Page pressed as he hung on to her, remembering what the other had said to him.

Larra took almost a full minute to respond. She seemed to no longer care about the possibility of Page being trapped with her, as if she had forgotten about it. “Don’t know...maybe...weaken him...don’t know...others did....but...they...gone now.”

Another chain caught Larra and dragged her closer to the ground. Page suddenly felt a chill as yet another snagged his ankle. Not good.

OOC: I don’t have time to write any more now. Valence, if you have anything to add, go ahead. I’ll finish this later, but there’s no saying when later will be.

------------------

OOC: Now I'm definately creeped out, I'm so riveted to find out what happens next Meethinks i'll ad another twist. Of course if you object to anything I'll edit.

Page kicked his leg out, freeing it from the chain. He still tore them from Larra, throwing them out as far as he could.
"Larra, Antaries may not be good enough but I know someone who is, he can help you."
Page wrenched another chain from Larra's waist.
"FOR CHRIST SAKE THIS HAS TO STOP!" Page gripped Larra's arms tighter, his hair began to tingle, the air around him seemed to swirl. "DONT LET GO!"
And then it came. Both Page and Larra were enveloped in the growing black sphere that was the explosion of Page's mental energy. The dry plains withered away under the blast and it spread. The chains that bound Larra discintegrated, and Larra's mind withdrew itself protecting its vital sections.
When the blast cleared her mind was a void. All that remained of the dark plain was the black sky. Page breathed heavy, calming himself, and lessening his influence. The blast had knocked Larra unconscious, but it was probably better that way.
Page stood, and looked to his left and right. Larra's mind was dark, and there was nothing to be seen except the dark swirling sky.
Page had promised something stronger than Antaries and he would deliver.
A hole of light opened in the sky, and two angels descended. One glowed a bright Lapis Lazuli, and the other a deep Emerald Green. In between them both was something Page grimaced at the sight of.
Antarties and Ungar landed a few meters away.
"Why did you bring him here?"
"We couldnt very well leave him in your body alone, unattended, free to take over."
"Very true," Page spat. The warlord lowered his hood, revealing his tall horned helm, His long black cloak whipped in the wind that only surrounded him. The warlord Kergoth reared his ugly head and looked around.
"Destroy," His voice was little more then a whisper, that was the word that had ended thousands of lives.
Ungar, yanked her Green glowin chain, and strangled the warlord Kergoth for a few secconds.
"Hrmm," Page thought aloud, "Looks like we're all together.."
Page looked over to his mental representation of the three godly swords.
"I think it's time to ressurect an old friend."
Page drew his swords and tossed them to their rightfull owners.
A light, bright enough to overpower even Alpha Omega, The last swordbearer, eminated from the three that stood before Page.
Page could hear Nevell's scream from the depths of Larra's mind, and the formation of something of the likes he had never seen. Nevell couldnt help but go closer. He had no idea what danger lay ahead.
Antaries, Kergoth, and Ungar were nothing more than a giant egg of light.
"I told you I would bring something stronger," Page said to an unconscious Larra. The vellosian strode confidently into the egg, and soon after he entered it dissipated.
Nevell couldnt beleave what he saw. Did the foolish vellosian realy just leave Larra there to die? Nevell couldnt help but laugh. He strode through the abyss to Larra. But he knew something was wrong when a ground appeared below him.
He looked around in confusion, and a thick white mist washed over the black tile floor below.
"YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE!" A divine voice proclaimed from somewhere in Larra's cavernous mind.
"What do you know about power?" Nevell asked his voice quivering with laughter. "It is you who have no power here."
And then Nevell saw it. The figure was shrouded in the mist, and only the gentle tap of its foot steps could be heard.
"You will not gain controll here, for long, If you try to rise up I will swat you down."
The form then appeared in all its glory.
The Armor it wore was a blazing alabaster, black in weaker protected areas. It had broad shoulders backed by ornate floating units, their purpose almosy completely unknown. The gauntlets he wore were large, and bound together with thick black bands. The bands were all over the armor seemingly holding it shut, as if something was going to escape.
In the center of its breast plate was The crest of Harmony, and above it, mounted atop his long neck was Page's head, his Amber eyes blazed a bright glowing white.
"I am Harmony."

------------------

"Yume!" Jacey repeated one last time, his voice betraying his fear.

Why had she gotten even colder all of a sudden? Jacey had wrapped his arms tight around Yume to keep her warm just so he could take care of her. And, a minute later when the two had finally nestled comfortably against each other, he thought she was fine. But, while she had been thinking about Christopher she had stiffened suddenly, and in an instant all the heat had left her body as if she had been frozen and emptied of all life. Then her body went limp, and for a terrifying moment, Jacey thought she was dead.

He would never have imagined that Yume had been remembering her closest friend, a boy from her past life. But why was it something he needed to know?

Jacey had no idea what was going on, but he calmed down quickly. He gave Yume space to breathe as she got up, but he also made sure he was right by her side in case she needed him. Yume seemed fine, but why had she fainted?

Why did she faint? Jacey asked himself. Is there something in the cold air that makes her sick? Have I been hurting her every time I've gone outside with her?
If he had asked her, Yume might have told him it wasn't his fault, but she herself didn't understand why these things happened to her when she dreamt about her past.

There's so much to this girl I don't know... Jacey thought as he put his arms around her again and very gently rocked her back and forth. _On the outside, absolute breathtaking beauty. On the inside... is there something she doesn't want me to see? She hides it from me, and that hurts me because I know there's something in her. But so far I've found nothing... her eyes look at me, and I try to look back and see... what? Emptiness... that's all I see inside. Then I try kissing her and instantly feel her warmth, but then it fades again when I speak to her and realize she can't speak back...

What is she doing here? What does she hope to find in this dangerous place? It must not be love... there's so much evil around us I don't see how any love could survive...

Is she in pain then? I would heal her if I could, Lord knows I would do anything to heal her wounds..._

Jacey remembered the few casual girlfriends he had ever had. What were they like? They were like anyone else. In other words, instantly forgettable. Why had he even befriended them? He must have been a very shallow boy when he was younger... but he didn't want to believe that... he wanted to find someone he could honestly give his love to and receive her love back because he deserved it... Had he truly never deserved it?

He wondered how he got here, how he had ended up in the darkness with such an interesting girl in his arms...

This one was different... he could tell from the way she behaved. She wasn't overly affectionate in an artificial way and she certainly didn't fawn over him... but he hoped that didn't mean he hadn't changed.

Jacey hoped he had matured since his younger years. He hoped his intentions would only yield good results. He hoped she understood his poems and knew that he meant them with all his heart, but that there were some feelings he could never express in words. He hoped he was giving himself to her without taking from her what he could, while he could. He hoped, he hoped... oh, how he hoped for so many things!!

She is such a mystery though... and I wish I could figure her out...

If she was in pain... he would find the source and deal with it. He had already offered her his love, hoping he would be with her long enough to heal her.

What can I do? ...What can I do?

----------

Still in a daze after having blacked out, Yume looked at Jacey's gentle face and saw sadness in his eyes. Closing her own eyes, Yume was surprised when she heard Jacey's voice in her ear. Something was different.

He was singing.

------------------
...to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.
(Mt7:8)