The No Name Bar

Larra sat back in her chair, her arms crossed and a slightly annoyed expression across her face. Seeing that ship...it was still worrying her. She expected Lance to pop out at anytine and start throwing those damn darts of his everywhere. Unknowingly, Larra clenched one hand into a fist. Even thinking his name infuriated her. Of course, she wouldn't worry her friends about something that might not happen.

"Hey baby," a drunk voice came from behind her. "Whatcha doin' tonight? I'm free."

Larra whirled, meeting the guy's gaze with one of pure fury. Against his will, he stared back into her violet eyes. That gave her a mental link straight into his mind, and within seconds he had passed out on the floor.

She turned back, clearly furious. "I am so ****in sick of being hit on," she ranted, banging her first on the table. Page recoiled slightly. He had never seen Larra this mad; she was usually so in control of her emotions.

Breathing heavily, Larra barely moved for a moment, then stood up adruptly, eyes blazing. "I'm going to my ship."

"What was that all about?" Page wondered aloud as he watched her storm out of the bar.

"I don't know," Demon answered, crawling wide-eyed out from under the table. "She's never been like this before."

===================

Larra reached her ship in the same mood. At least she had only hit two more men during the walk there. Opening Kamikaze's door, she ran straight to the stereo controls, and turned it on full blast.

Leaving the door open, she left the ship and climbed up to one of it's wing/fins. Sitting down, she closed her eyes and leaned back against the Kamikaze's curved frame. Larra sat quietly for a few moments, letting the music calm her down. What's wrong with me? she wondered. I see one ship and I go crazy.

Putting one foot up on the wing, Larra linked her hands around her ankle. She'd be fine, just as long as no one would tell her to turn her music down.

OOC: On Monday I'm leaving for a two week roadtrip. I don't suppose you guys would like to postpone the battle until I get back? I have plans...

Whatever happens, starting Monday I leave Larra in control of Valence (she'll be a little PO'd and edgy, but otherwise normal), and Demon in control of whoever 1)is currently posting on the bar and 2)has a use for him.

------------------
If all the world's a stage, why'd I get the part of the psycho?

Yume had watched as her employer dragged the man who had been bothering her away so that she could be at peace once more in her solitude.

Although, something had got her attention. She had been listening the whole time and the sudden change in tone in her employer actually caught her attention so that she could look back and watch him leave with the man. What her employer planned for the man, she had no clue.

She just now watched again as her employer walked back inside, seeming as if nothing much had happened and take his seat where he would be serving drinks. Well, that boy Jacey was not here yet and she herself had her own kind of curiousity...

She got up and first went over to a table which had been abandoned and picked up the empty bottles and glasses that had been left behind. She went to the trash where she would throw the bottles away before she went over to the counter where she would put the empty glasses upon.

She had purposely came upon the area of the bar where her employer, Dech, was near at and she glanced over to him as she left the dirty, empty glasses alone since she had no clue if she was allowed to go to the sink even if she did once to get herself a glass of water.

She left for a moment to grab her own empty glass and took a seat at the bar near her employer. She pointed into the glass where the clear liquid was still at near the bottom to show that it was water as she did this to ask if he would refill her glass.

She watched as he went to the sink then come back with the glass full of cool water. She raised her hand to her chin and made a gesture which she had found out in sign language ment "Thank you."

She sipped at her drink before she pointed out the door in a gesture to say what had happened with the man. It was not like she cared about the man or anything but she was curious about her employer's sudden anger when he had dealt with the man.

And with that, she looked back to him to see if he would answer her for she did want to know. And she made a mental note to repay him back somehow later on for helping her even if it was in a situation she could have dealt with herself.

------------------

Dech wasn't quite sure how, but he understood what the silent girl was asking. In response to her questioning look, he glanced toward the door. "Let's just say he won't be bothering anyone else."

Yume shook her head, as if to say, "No, not him, you."

Dech poured himself a Guiness, but didn't drink. Instead, he sat, staring pensively into the tankard, and began to speak.

------------

_I had a best friend when I was younger. Fireno. We were both orphans, living in the same orphanage.

We'd been best friends since we could remember, always running around together, always getting in trouble together. Towards the end of University, we decided we wanted to take a little space trip, and buy our own ship.

We saved up for two semesters, and had enough to buy ourselves a beat-up old UE Fighter. We got it running, and took off, headed for Saalia. We landed, wandered around a bit, and took off again. Little did we know, we'd picked up a tail while we were there.

A pirate. He followed us to DSCN-4418, and then fired on us. When we turned the ship around, we saw that he'd been joined by a larger pirate ship, the _Bloodwake _. This pirate that had followed us was their captain, and he was rotten to the core.

Rotten, as opposed to being a scoundrel. There's a difference. I'm a scoundrel, not a rotten type.

Anyway, we tried to run, but they disabled our ship, and boarded us. Apparently, they'd mistaken us for some infamous bounty-hunter pair, and thought they were going to rid themselves of these bounty hunters. They weren't too happy to find that it was only a couple of joyriding kids.

This captain was a sick bastard, too. Instead of just letting us go, or even keeping locking us up and demanding ransom, he decided he'd have a little fun, in his own sadistic way. He had his crew bind us, and take us to his quarters, where he proceeded to "have a little fun" with Fireno. He beat her, and raped her, all the while, I sat there, watching. If I closed my eyes, I could still hear his grunts, her crying. I was powerless to save her. Once he'd had his fun with her, he beat me unconscious. I woke up in an escape pod, alone.

I don't know what happened to Fireno. He probably killed her, or jettisoned her, too.

I was picked up by Drim DeLorean, a freelancer. He took me to a backwater outpost, where I took a job cleaning a bar. I did that for two years, before I got hired to crew for a pirate, One-Eyed Dan. One-Eyed Dan actually had two eyes, I'm not sure why they called him that... Anyway, Dan wasn't like most pirates, he had class. He'd con people into giving him their money, instead of just beating them and taking it. In a world of artless muggers, he was an artist. Over the course of five or so years, I moved up through the ranks, eventually becoming his first mate. He knew my story, so he gave me 20 million credits, out of his own pocket, and told me to go find the Fireno and the _Bloodwake.

------------

"And since that day, I've been hunting. I picked up a crew, and a wife along the way. I figure if I open a bar on the main renegade/pirate station, I might get a little closer to finding the Bloodwake and tracking down Fireno. And I get a little bit upset when scum say they're wanting to have a little fun."

Dech remained staring at his glass. Nicol had joined him halfway through the story, and put her arm around him. "We'll find that bastard, and we'll kill him, my love." Looking up at Yume, she smiled. "You must be a good listener or something, Dech doesn't tell that story to just anyone."

------------------
(url="http://"http://www.thegreenfiles.net/")www.thegreenfiles.net(/url)
Proud member of (url="http://"http://thefifthcolumn.blogspot.com")The Fifth Column(/url).
Good things come in small packages.

thegreenfile@gmail.com

Meanwhile, Ta-vora lies in his bed, tossing and turning while dreaming.

Drifting in space, helpless pain, terrible pain, the skin freezing, cracks forming, blood streaming out and freezing immediately. The eyes turning to ice. Air I need air the mouth opens but instead of breathing, a long white stream of air exits the lungs. They collapse pain nothing but pain

Screaming, Ta-vora awakes, suddenly sitting straight up in his bed.
He falls back into the cushions, drenched with sweat. He notices that his hands are shivering.
I'm feeling so strange
He suddenly feels a burning pain in his right hand. He raises it - it is covered with bleeding red and black cracks.
No this isn't real I'm halucinating!
He grabs the arm with the other hand. It feels absolutely normal.
What is wrong with me? Is it the threshold syndrome? Now? I thought have this behind me

Ta-vora stumbles through the corridors of the Azula, glad that noone is around to see him like this. His energies are about to go out of control. He finally reaches the regeneration chamber and enters it. Once inside, he drops to the soft ground and falls into trance. In this state he is able to control his body and prevent it from suffering permanent damage.
That was close. I should be more careful when trying new things. The new level of my matrix increased my powers. That was too much for my body. So the Karee won't even get near perfection in thousands of years.

------------------
The lie is a truth, too. The truth of the one who believes it.
The Boozerama Bar died 05-10-2003. May it rest in peace. May it rest for ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and may it never return.

Jacey had dismissed the last of his temporary crew and was looking in every corner of his ship, trying to find something.
Finding it, he opened a closet-sized door and found a sink. Looking at the mirror in front of him, Jacey winked and smiled at his own reflection but couldn't help noticing the exhausted look in his eyes. Twisting the cold water faucet, he splashed a little on his face and pulled out a razor blade.
Five minutes later he finished rinsing his face, grateful he hadn't nicked himself with the blade. Then he grabbed a bundle beside him and changed into some new clothes.

Freshly groomed Jacey jumped out of his ship wearing faded black jeans and quickly pulled on a black tee with a big white cross on the front. On his feet he wore obnoxiously bright blue shoes. Thinking about Yume and wondering what she would think of the handsome devil who'd soon stand before her, Jacey began to hum a little tune as he walked briskly away from the dock's edge.

He passed a sleeping sentinel, almost ran into a couple of nasty-looking thugs heading in the opposite direction, then finally stopped when he heard some metal rock blasting from a nearby ship.

Heading over to the Kamikaze , Jacey recognized Larra.
"Hey!" he yelled. "I like your style!"
Ready to explode at the person who had just interrupted her peace of mind, Larra saw it was Jacey and calmed down.
"Actually, this is one of Page's discs," she told him.
Jacey was taken aback, impressed to hear this.
"So... uh... how about inviting me up to sit with you and chill?"
Larra opened one eye and looked at Jacey seriously.
"Please?" he added, smiling sweetly.

Allowing herself to be charmed for the moment, Larra pointed at the tail end of the ship, where Jacey had already climbed up and was playing air guitar to the track.

Within a minute however, Larra grew frustrated and dashed back to the stereo - to turn the volume up over the sound of Jacey's snoring.

------------------
"Juggling two jobs and a girlfriend - or is it the other way around?"
You wish, kid.
sigh
"I know."

Yume had indeed listened to the whole story as her employer told it to her. Although, her expression hadn't changed one bit through the whole time but that was different from what she felt inside.

She leaned back in her seat as she sipped her water slightly and gave a glance to her employer's wife. A good listener? Perhaps... She couldn't talk so she always had time to listen.

After listening to the whole story, she stared into her glass of water and at her distorted and dark reflection in it. She twirled the glass slightly so that the water would move as she thought for a moment.

Men..., she thought as she replayed the story in her mind as her employer told it to her. But then again..., she glanced up at her employer and his wife. Some weren't so bad...some. She just gave a light nod in greeting to her employer's wife.

Then her thoughts came back to Jacey. She wondered if he was part of that "some." She knew if he wasn't, he would be dealt with if he tried anything on her. But, she did not think that she would have to after reading how he changed her poem.

Her eyes slowly roamed over to the entrance of the bar and she stared at it for a moment as she wondered if Jacey would ever come back. She was just surprised that she was even thinking about him...

------------------

Larra settled back in with a sigh, paying little attention to Jacey. The music blasting from her small ship was now shaking the entire docking bay. If he was asleep before, he wouldn't be for long.

She closed her eyes again, still not as calm as she'd like to be. She couldn't lose it now, not after all the years she had spent working on keeping her emotions out of battle.

Larra was so "out of it" that she didn't even notice when the bass from her music dislodged a large rock out of the ceiling, sending it crashing onto the arada in the next landing pad.

------------------

OOC: Hey my name is mark, i found out about this from my good friend thegreenfile. Well hopfully this works!

Dr. Black walked into his office on the planet of Nebizo and sat in his chair. He thought to himself he wanted to go to the rock. He couldn't decide if he wanted to leave his office during the winter because the temperature was usually 130 degrees below celsius. His assistant dr. Cristman joined him in his office.

"Sir, are we gonna go to the rock?"

"No..it will be to cold outside!"

"But sir, you have wanted to go for all of your life and when I got a thx-990 you decide you don't want too?"

"How did you manage to get one of those? I mean those are about 25 million nebzies!"

"Well lets say I didn"t pay for it"

"Leave!!!!"

"What sir?"

"Pirates will be waiting for you and I sure do not want them in my lab?"

Meanwhile a hovercraft gets into position to destroy the lab

"Well we cant stay here we shall go somewhere else, not the rock though"

"Sorry sir, I didn't mean for this to happen"

"It's ok dr. cristman"

The Hover craft shoots a cromiton rocket straight through the lab's center, meanwhile inside the two doctors are going to the thx-990.

"Ok everything is ready to go sir"

"Lets go then"

They take off in their new ship and just as they pull out of the docking bay the lab explodes and fires erupt all of the surrounding areas.

"Wow, glad we got out of there" wiping sweat from his face

"Yes, don't you think" relieved

"Actually I happen to think alot"

"Well i hope your thinking about setting the auto-pilot for the rock"

smiling "Are you seriously going to go sir?"

"yes" urged dr. black

------------------
Black shall be great

(This message has been edited by Dr. Black (edited 07-18-2004).)

(This message has been edited by Dr. Black (edited 07-18-2004).)

OOC: Naturally, nobody remembers what my original post was here. But I do.
wtf was I thinking anyway?

(This message has been edited by JaceySquires (edited 08-06-2004).)

OOC: We usually try to stay in-universe. It might help if you downloaded and played the game a bit, or even just read up on it. (url="http://"http://www.evula.com")EVula's Lair(/url) has a wealth of info, I suggest you head over and check it out. Also, punctuation goes inside the quotation marks. Just FYI. "Like this."

------------------
(url="http://"http://www.thegreenfiles.net/")www.thegreenfiles.net(/url)
Proud member of (url="http://"http://thefifthcolumn.blogspot.com")The Fifth Column(/url).
Good things come in small packages.

thegreenfile@gmail.com

Originally posted by JaceySquires:

In the Override universe, there exists a single weapon that should be recognized as greater than all others...
and Jacey had just learned firsthand that it was the forklift.

OOC: lol, great stuff.

OOC2: Okay, this post would be pointless, so I'm posting in story with the only thing I think might be vaguely appropriate. The MMC is the Multiverse Monitor Corporation. Figure the rest out for yourselves.

"Are the quantum flux drives operational?" Shouted the gaseous green sphere.

"Yes captain!" Replied a slightly smaller sphere, raising a hand in a quick salute.

"Good. Transport to Override Universe, I want us landing in 3rd and 4th dimensions this time, do I make myself clear?" Yelled the large ball of green gas.

"Yes captain!" Chorused the rest of the spherical crew members on board the bridge of the MMC Dispatch 95 Squadron Flagship.

"Very well. Engage main drive in 3-"

---

The humongous, spherical grey ship began to grow hazy-looking, and fuzzy about the borders.

---

"2-"

---

The ship blurred even more, the metal it was composed of vibrating wildly, in an uncontrolled quantum fluctuation.

---

"1-"

---

Now the ship looked like merely a large, grey puffball, through which could be seen strange after-images of the stars behind it, as the light was bent and warped. Then, quite suddenly, the ship vanished, slightly puffing out the space dust and asteroids around it.

---

"Sir, we have located the position of the 3 perps."

The captain paused, hands clasped behind his green, spherical form.

"...Well?! Where are they?"

The corporal, flustered, drifted a bit, but then snapped back rigidly to his proper gas-ball shape.

"They are all in the system DSN-2131."

"In ship? On station? Come on, private! I need answers here!"

The corporal, vaguely perturbed at being called 'private,' but far too afraid to say anything about it, continued.

"They are on a large, habitated asteroid. Denizens of this area call it 'The Rock.'"

The captain turned, visibly angry now. Plumes of green gas swirled out of the sphere that made up his body, and his arms trembled with barely supressed rage.

"Private, this asteroid, this 'habitation,' as you so eloquently put, wouldn't, by chance-"

Here the captain leaned right up to the corporals face, and whispered hoarsely,

"-have a bar on it?"

The corporal was shaking now, his gaseous green form barely round-looking, he managed to squeak,

"Yes?"

The captain turned yellow, and burst into flames, which licked the ceiling of the command room, and crisped the layer of plastic coating.

"RAAAAAAUGH! WHY IN THE NAME OF SAM HILL DO THESE GODDAM NOVA PERPS HAVE TO KEEP SHOWING UP IN BARS!??!!!"

As the flames subsided, and the captain returned to his normal green hue, crew members began poking their heads above desks and consoles they had taken cover behind.

"Ready an inquiry party. I want this done quickly, and painlessly. We ask the questions, we place the arrest, and the rest of the job is out of our hands. Okay, everybody?"

The captain was speaking through his teeth (if he had any), and the crew members nodded vigorously, and rushed about, preparing for reentry.

---

In DSN-2131, more specifically, a few thousand miles away from The Rock, a monstrously huge ship blipped into existance. The diameter of the huge, grey sphere was at least 50 times that of the great asteroid. Tiny yellow windows dotted its hull, and 4 massive engines graced what could be assumed to be its backside. The very top of the ship was slightly raised, in a bump, and was black. The entire ship was constructed of some dull, grey metal, and shone little, as it drifted ponderously toward The Rock.

OOC: The MMC is not intent on harming any of the bar patrons, and merely is checking up on an infraction of universe-hopping code. 😛

------------------
Me Bar Pics Page-> (url="http://"http://homepage.mac.com/ami/Menu1.html")http://homepage.mac.com/ami/Menu1.html(/url)
"'Saruman!' cried Gimli, springing toward him with axe in hand. 'Speak! Tell us where you have hidden our pants! Speak, or I will make a dint in your pants even a wizard will find hard to deal with!'...He lifted up his pants, and Gimli's pants leaped from his grasp and fell ringing on the ground. The pants of Aragorn, stiff in his motionless hand, blazed with a sudden fire."
Dragons use Slivers as toothpicks.

(This message has been edited by Hamster2 (edited 07-18-2004).)

(This message has been edited by Hamster2 (edited 07-18-2004).)

Back in the regeneration chamber, Ta-vora senses a slight mental touch. One of the crewmembers is gently trying to get his attention. Falling out of trance, the Ka-nuth exits the chamber. He now feels much better, ready to carry on.
He looks at the woman expecting him. She seems concerned - of course she was. Whatever she has on her mind, it has to be important if she disturbes him during a cycle.
“What's wrong?”
“Kre, our probe has spotted a foreign vessel which just appeared in the system. It didn't use hyperspace to enter, as it kind of faded into existance. And it doesn't match any vessels we have seen in this universe.”
Ta-vora nods, following her to a terminal embedded into the wall. She presses a button and a photograph of the ship appears on a partition of the monitor. A second partition shows a rotating 3D-wireframe and a third one displays known stats such as mass and size.
“Jaleq? Here?”
“Actually we doupt that they are Jaleq. The ship's design resembles the Jaleq ships closely, but it is by far too massive. Look here, the mass exceeds five times the mass of the largest known Jaleq ship. Moreover, Jaleq are unable to travel between dimensions, they can't even fly through hyperspace - they jump through it.”
“I know. And their ships would never be able to withstand the gravimetric fluctuations of an interdimensional wormhole.”
“Correct. But there's more. The probe's scanners were unable to penetrate the ship's hull. All we found is that it consists of an alloy we don't know. The results of the particle scans are completely erratic.”
“Hm I think I should warn the others. Keep an eye on that ship. It doesn't look friendly to me.”
“Ayie, Kre.”
With that he leaves the ship.
When he enters the next hangar, Ta-vora gets almost blown away by music so loud that it already caused destruction in the cave. He notices it comes from the Kamikaze.
He approaches the ship, trying to get Larra's attention but to no appeal. The Ka-nuth then searchs the ship with his telekinetic powers to find the power switch of the hifi device. He finally finds it and deactivates it with a sigh of relief.
Larra opens her eyes, looking down at him slightly annoyed. She then looks to Jacey who still sleeps next to her. Poking him, she checks if he's still alive.
“What's wrong?” she shouts to Ta-vora.
“Just wanted to tell you that there's a big, dark, spherical ship approaching. Nothing from this galaxy, perhaps even from a different universe. If you want to continue playing music, please wait until I'm out of the hangar. And you may want to reduce the volume a little, the owners of the other ships would appreciate it.”
He indicates at the crushed Arada and a Miranu Courier which is lying on its back, the landing gear pointing to the ceiling.
“Oops ”
Ta-vora leaves the hangar, heading towards the bar to find Page and inform him.

------------------
The Boozerama Bar died 05-10-2003. May it rest in peace. May it rest for ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and may it never return.

OOC: Hmm, the MMC. Arresting people for breaking dimensional travelling codes... Darbain would have to have ways around that....

On the other hand, WOW! Green round people!! I want one!! Do they make good pets??

===================
Larra sighed and closed her eyes again, using her telepathy as a sort of radar to get a better look at the new ship. She had sensed the breach in the dimensional balance that signified a portal awhile before. Quite the sloppy job, if anyone wanted her opinion. At least there was something going on that would take her mind off her troubles.

Upon recognizing the spherical ship, she muttered something intelligible and leapt down off the wing. Larra had never actually gotten on the wrong side of the MMC before, but she had heard of them. This might actually be fun.

Entering her now silent ship, Larra picked up something and put it in her pocket before locking the Kamikaze down and leaving again. Letting Jacey sleep, she followed the path Ta-vora had taken previously.

Larra reached the bar just as the Karee had concluded his warning to the others.
"No worries, they're not a threat," she announced coolly, flopping down in a chair with her legs over one armrest and her back against the other.

"What makes you so sure?" Ta-vora asked, narrowing his eyes with suspicion.

Larra smirked and placed the card she had gotten from her ship on the table. "As far as I'm concerned, theyÂ’re out of their jurisdiction." It was clearly no little plastic business card. In fact, it changed colors depending on how it was viewed, unique to each viewer.

Demon jumped up on the table, changing into a kitten in the process, and everyone but Larra leaned in to get a better look. At first there was no writing whatsoever on the card, but letters began to appear one by one, penciled in with blackish swirls of color.

Ta-vora started, realizing the letters were in Karee, though through Larra's eyes, they were the stylized runes of ancient Acaran. In truth, everyone at the table saw the writing in the language they understood the best.

The bearer of this card has the right to refuse to comply with the demands of all interdimensional organizations, examples being the IDSN, the SGDT, and the MMC.

The signature at the bottom was the only thing everyone saw in the same way. It was blurred and completely intelligible, but carried the notion that it was being perceived exactly as intended. Unknown.

"Where did you get that?" Page asked, staring at the card. "And what does it have to do with our mystery visitor?"

"The other ship is from the MMC," Larra responded lazily. “That’s Mulitverse Monitor Corperation.”

“Ta-vora frowned. “But why are they here?”

She shrugged, “Have any of you been doing any illegal dimensional travel lately? For once I haven't done anything wrong. And as for where I got the card...Let’s just say that I have friends in high places." She smiled innocently and picked up the card again. It was good to be one of Darbain's codebreakers.

The leader of the small, secretive group that maintained the stability of dimensional balance had known for quite awhile that other organizations were attempting the same thing by catching “illegal travelers”. Darbain had not really cared. The codebreakers would fix the real problems and leave them to clean up the loose ends. That is, until the SGDT attempted to arrest one of his codebreakers.

Within the space of a few weeks, he had separately visited the leaders of those associations, telling them all about his long kept secret society. Each had happily agreed to sign a treaty of alliance between the two groups. Darbain had then walked cheerfully out the door, only to turn around, modify the leaderÂ’s memory, and swap the treaty papers.

By the time Darbain returned to the dimension that was codebreaker HQ, each boss believed that the holders of ‘authority’ cards were secret agents belonging to their own company. They even had the signed documents, (incomplete in the member section due to secrecy) to back it up. Meanwhile, Darbain had sat back and laughed. The people who really held the reins were the only ones no one was aware of, and the “alliance” had solved more than one of his old problems. Now he had something to do with those who purposely damaged the dimensional balance.

They were deposited on the doorstep of the other corporations, courtesy of their very own “secret service”.

“There’s a problem with your card,” Ta-vora noted, clearly not quite satisfied with Larra’s short explanation. “If these people are after us, will they really believe this authority, even though all those other names are on it?”

She smirked. “That’s the beauty of it. If someone from any organization looks at it, not only will they see solely their name, but the signature of their superior under the one you see now. If they’re after us, which is my guess unless someone else is dimension hopping around here, all I have to do is convince them you’re with me, and we’re all set.”

With a confident smile, Larra ordered a drink from Dech and pocketed her card. Almost immediately, she remembered the foreign ship she had seen previously. Due to that, she found herself thinking, over and over: I am calm. I will not lose my temper on Lance if/when he shows up. I am calm. I will not...

OOC: See you in two weeks. And if you start the fight without me, I won't bring you back any souvineers. 😛

Edit: Thanks Hamster, I recieved the answers. One down, three to go.
------------------

(This message has been edited by Synesthesia (edited 07-18-2004).)

====================

Jacey was strolling the beaches of New Rome, keeping an eye out for flying sharks.
Just when he thought he saw one emerging from the water, however, something else caught his attention.
Across the beach, Yume was walking in the opposite direction.
“Hey!” Jacey shouted, running through the sand to get closer to her.
“Hey!” Yume yelled back.
After he reached her, Jacey paused for breath, then asked,
“Wait! You can talk?”
“... obviously...”
“Oh.”
Jacey stood there.
“Well,” he added, “I’ve been meaning to ask you...”
Jacey took a deep breath.
“Would you be interested... wait... well, um... what I mean to ask is... um... do you...”
Yume frowned at him impatiently.
“... d-do you... um... do you ... like... stuff?”
Yume stared at him in disbelief.
Inside his head, Jacey was kicking himself for sounding so stupid. Oh man, talk about awkward.

==========

“Wake up, princess...”

A pair nasty-looking thugs were standing over a third man sprawled with his back on the ground of the spacedock.
Wrapped tightly in his cloak, the manÂ’s eyes fluttered open as his eyes adjusted to the sight in front of him.
The man on top of him was drooling. Unseen by either thug, however, the third manÂ’s fingers quietly gripped the handle of a weapon he had concealed in his cloak.
“Who gets him first?” one asked.
“I do,” the other answered. “Remember how that last girl struggled? This one’s a guy. It’ll take a real man like me to tame this one...”
Though his mind was still exhausted from his battle with Page, the man on the ground only had to glance into the thugÂ’s eyes to see what his attacker wanted.
Thoroughly disgusted, the man pulled his hand out from inside his cloak and plunged a blade deep into the thugÂ’s stomach, his gray eyes darkening with fury.

Squiggy woke up.

Jacey woke up.

Twisting his blade deeper into the abdomen of his would-be assaulter, the cloaked figure only yanked his weapon back out after the man had toppled backwards dead.

Paralyzed with fear, the second man whimpered as the cloaked individual turned to face him. Rushing him, the other man drove his blade through the soft tissue between the manÂ’s neck and shoulder. Leaning over to whisper in his ear, the cloaked man hissed "Bad idea" as the bladeÂ’s tip punctured through the flesh on the manÂ’s back. Arching his back in sheer agony, the second thug fell unconscious.

"Filth!" He spat on the dead one laying in a pool of his own blood. Holding his cloak tightly around himself again, the dark individual walked calmly down the dock toward the black market, leaving the second thug to bleed to death - alone.

==========

Thoroughly confused, Squiggy sat upright, wondering why he had found himself in a puddle of bloody sewage.
He ran his hand along the damp ground and found emainiacÂ’s misfigured face for the second time that night. Squiggy shuddered as he remembered why he was here: someone had tossed him into the RockÂ’s sewer system.

Shaking the muck off of him, Squiggy next remembered the arrangements he had made when he first found himself down here.
“**** it! I’m going to be late!”
He searched his pockets and found the flask he had drunk from earlier. Lifting it to his lips, he paused and checked the label.
“I’ll save this for later...” he told himself as he quickly pocketed it and pulled out another one.

Gulping down half of the new drink, SquiggyÂ’s body warmed up as he felt energized and fully alert again.

Deep underground but not far from the No Name, Squiggy ran down a nearby corridor.

==========

Thoroughly refreshed after such a long nap, Jacey jumped off the end of the Kamikaze and looked around to remember where he was.
“Wow, that dream sucked,” Jacey said while remembering how he and Yume had stood on that beach for an hour without speaking a word to each other. "Okay, forget dream, it was more a nightmare. "

Pumped about his big battle, the change of clothing, and the restful nap, Jacey forgot the dream and ran unmolested through the streets of the Rock.

He soon arrived at the door of the No Name.

Reentering the bar for the first time in what had seemed like ages, Jacey stopped dead in his tracks once he saw Yume...

------------------
I'll so offend to make offence a skill,
redeeming time when men think least I will.
- Prince Hal

(This message has been edited by JaceySquires (edited 07-20-2004).)

OOC: The little green dudes are the same kind of creatures that cater at the Restraunt at the End of the Universe, for anyone who read The Book... And they're after Page, Larra, and Demon. Strictly patrons from the Nova bars that have hopped over. The reason they havent arrested codebreakers (Larra, Demon) before is because the codebreakers were too subtle in their hops, and the transfer of Page is what really caught their attention. The card should fool them though, until they report back to HQ. 😄 Will be posting later... writing this from the Apple store in Tokyo! (Dam Japanese keyboards...)

------------------
Me Bar Pics Page-> (url="http://"http://homepage.mac.com/ami/Menu1.html")http://homepage.mac.com/ami/Menu1.html(/url)
"'Saruman!' cried Gimli, springing toward him with axe in hand. 'Speak! Tell us where you have hidden our pants! Speak, or I will make a dint in your pants even a wizard will find hard to deal with!'...He lifted up his pants, and Gimli's pants leaped from his grasp and fell ringing on the ground. The pants of Aragorn, stiff in his motionless hand, blazed with a sudden fire."

Yume had been watching the entrance to the bar for quite some while and once she decided that Jacey wasn't going to come soon she started to look away. Yume almost looked away from the door until Jacey's form finally appeared coming in the bar.

She blinked for a moment and stared at him just for a few seconds just to make sure it was really him and that she hadn't mistaken some other man for Jacey but indeed it was him.

She barely recognized him with the new pair of dark clothing he had on. But, it suited him from her point of view as she looked him over since he wore faded black jeans and a black tee with a white cross on the front until her gaze met those really bright blue shoes.

One of her thin brows rose at the sight of that but did nothing other than look back up to his face and watched as he stared back at her. Although she made sure that there was no thing of eye contact since she didn't really like that sort of stuff when it came between strangers.

She fidgeted a little as she suddenly realized he had been watching the whole time as she checked him out and quickly looked away to fiddle with her slender fingers before she realized that she didn't have one of her gloves on.

She then remembered the drunken man who had been messing with her until her employer, Dech, decided to put a stop to it and she looked around slowly along the counter to see where the drunk stranger might have left her finger-less black glove.

------------------

(This message has been edited by Seraphim (edited 07-19-2004).)

Jacey, breathless after finally seeing Yume again, watched her until she turned her face from him.

He saw Page, Larra, Ta-vora, and Demon chatting at a nearby table, and though Jacey wanted to thank Page for having accepted his challenge earlier, he also didn't want to interrupt the group of friends.

Looking again at Yume, Jacey noticed she seemed to be looking for something.
Jacey approached her and asked softly, "May I help you?"
Yume looked up at him quickly, nodded, then went back to looking for her fingerless glove.

Seeing her delicate hand uncovered, Jacey realized what she was looking for.
While Yume checked the counter, Jacey looked at his feet and noticed the glove underneath her stool.
Jacey begged her pardon as he reached down for it, then lifted it to his face to take a closer look at it.

Squeezing it gently in his hand, Jacey closed his eyes and wondered, "Why do even the simplest things about her seem so beautiful to me?"

He handed her glove back and sat down.

------------------
I'll so offend to make offence a skill,
redeeming time when men think least I will.
- Hal

Deep within one of the private rooms onboard the MMC flagship, two green, gaseous creatures were floating, one chained by its wrists to the wall.

"Oh, god no, no please! I'll do anything!" Cried the chained gas ball.

"Shut up, b***h." Spat the other, lowering its non-existant pants.

"Help! Help me!" Screamed the victimized green sphere.

"I thought I told you to shut up!" Yelled the other floating ball.

The gaseous creature struck the restrained one with a vicious backhand, silencing it for the time being.

"Now come to papa-"

The green creature was interrupted by the door slamming open, and a very confused corporal looking in.
"What the... What the hell are you two doing?!"

There was a brief silence.

The chained ball of gas slipped its arm out of the shackle, and pointed at the other sphere.

"Our species doesn't even reproduce like that! We don't even have the organs!" Yelled the corporal, incredulously.

The silence continued.

"We don't even have genders, for gods sake!"

The two balls of gas continued their nervous silence.

"Umm, corporal, can I go back to my post now?" Asked the half-chained ball.

"Yes."

The sphere of gas slipped its other arm out of the shackle, being made of gas, and floated out the door.

"Well? What do you have to say for yourself?"

The assailant ball of gas gulped.
"Uhh, well, you know... I was just going with the flow is all. Yeah."

The corporal would've arched an eyebrow, had he had one.
"Going with the flow. Riiiight... You care to explain yourself?"

The other ball of green vapor fidgeted and twiddled its fingers behind its back.
"You know, like, this stuff happens all the time, right? I mean, our storyline couldn't be a truly respected one until we had someone get raped... right?"

The corporal sighed.
"Listen, son, if you want to impress for the shock factor, go join a demon worshiping heavy metal band, okay?"

The assailant green sphere lowered its head, and mumbled, "okay."

"But if you want to help in the workings of an MMC flagship, I suggest you return to your station."

The sphere drifted out the door, head hung low.

"Jeezus... literary content these days..." Said the corporal, as he followed the other floating ball out the door, and closed it behind him.

ooc: :rolleyes:

------------------

EDIT: Thanx! 🙂

(This message has been edited by Hamster2 (edited 07-20-2004).)

Originally posted by Hamster2:
Deep within one of the private rooms onboard the MMC flagship, two green, gaseous creatures were floating, one chained by its wrists to the wall.
"Oh, god no, no please! I'll do anything!" Cried the chained gas ball.
"Shut up, b
*h." Spat the other, lowering its non-existant pants.
"Help! Help me!" Screamed the victimized green sphere.
"I thought I told you to shut up!" Yelled the other floating ball.
The gaseous creature struck the restrained one with a vicious backhand, silencing it for the time being.
"Now come to papa-"
The green creature was interrupted by the door slamming open, and a very confused corporal looking in.
"What the... What the hell are you two doing?!"
"Uhh, well, you know... I was just going with the flow is all. Yeah."
The corporal would've arched an eyebrow, had he had one.
"Going with the flow. Riiiight... You care to explain yourself?"
The other ball of green vapor figited, and twiddled its fingers behind its back.
"You know, like, this stuff happens all the time, right? I mean, our storyline couldn't be a truly respected one until we had someone get raped... right?"
The corporal sighed.
"Listen, son, if you want to impress for the shock factor, go join a demon worshiping heavy metal band, okay?"
"Jeezus... literary content these days..." Said the corporal, as he followed the other floating ball out the door, and closed it behind him.
:rolleyes:

lol, dis be teh $hi7 (check e-mail)

(This message has been edited by JaceySquires (edited 07-25-2004).)

OOC: Huh??? Ah, how could I expect anything intelligent from gas spheres? After all, they're not much more than hot air. 😛

------------------