A Return to the EVO Webstory

Who ever said the Azdgari position needed a replacement? I'm here and active, I've been entirely willing to work on catching up but I've been unable to get anything out of Ipvicus.

I have some minor go-to-university-or-don't-go-to-university type exams coming up rather soon but that'll be fine, so I'm fine to continue writing. If somebody can communicate with Ipvicus better than I've managed so far, please feel free.

That said, these next 2-3 days I might be a little not here, but that's a bit of a one-off (I hope). My girlfriend came over this weekend and she's fallen rather ill, we took her to the hospital earlier today and right now she's resting. It's a long distance relationship and she's not well enough to go home yet, probably won't be for a few days. I need to take care of her, so I won't be able to do much of anything 'til about Wednesday-Thursday, depending on how quickly she recovers.

You know what, I say we set a date, and create Galaxy of Strife Chapter II. Everyone can converse with their oppenents and agree on something, then post aftermath posts in the new topic.

Right, that simplifies things. And now that everyone (save Ipvicus) has gathered, let us decide upon a date.

If we're going to do a "chapter 2" sort of deal and Paranoid is up for it, I'll play the Confederacy we were working on organizing with him.

Admiral Benden, on Apr 28 2005, 02:00 PM, said:

If we're going to do a "chapter 2" sort of deal and Paranoid is up for it, I'll play the Confederacy we were working on organizing with him.
View Post

Akrayhek would the Duois/Tibidat/Hrinix alliance, right? I'm all up for it but you'd have to be willing to let me keep a few techs and fleets secret.

Just as a note, I'd prefer it if we got this up and running as soon as possible. Unfortunately (for the sake of my webstory participation) I'm going to be in Germany for the last few weeks of May and in June and July I'll be completely cut off from all technology more complex than a propane oven. That gives me only a few more weeks and I'd like to finish off a few hanging storylines.

Paranoid, on Apr 28 2005, 08:12 PM, said:

Akrayhek would the Duois/Tibidat/Hrinix alliance, right? I'm all up for it but you'd have to be willing to let me keep a few techs and fleets secret.

Just as a note, I'd prefer it if we got this up and running as soon as possible. Unfortunately (for the sake of my webstory participation) I'm going to be in Germany for the last few weeks of May and in June and July I'll be completely cut off from all technology more complex than a propane oven. That gives me only a few more weeks and I'd like to finish off a few hanging storylines.
View Post

Well, as we'd worked it out we were going to be a loose confederacy created to foster the growth of trade and the mutual protection of the South Tip Strandless. So really, we'd all have secrets from eachother since we're all still our own governments.

well if you guys ever do decide to do a chapter 2 type thing drop me a line at gfp323 at hotmail.com with something recognizable in the title like "evo webstory" whatever, just so i don't trash it accidently.

I made that initial post as a placeholder, but it seems like the story became sluggish so I won't be checking back around

paranoid and espilot are the only folks around here i recognize anymore anyway, its been a while 🙂

The weekend of May 13th-15th I suspect (not confirmed, but very likely) that I'll be out, and Sundays in general aren't good for me as far as webstory writing goes, but other than that I'm very open with regards to setting a date.

ESPilot, on Apr 30 2005, 10:51 PM, said:

The weekend of May 13th-15th I suspect (not confirmed, but very likely) that I'll be out, and Sundays in general aren't good for me as far as webstory writing goes, but other than that I'm very open with regards to setting a date.
View Post

My last final is the 13th. That's the date on which my University responsibilites will be gone for the next few months.

That was the date I'd been looking at to bring some kind of revitilization to the story.

Goodie, Goodie! The 13th it is then!

(And with the Admiral to boot!)

That'll give me over a week to close all my loose ends up, good. If only that week didn't coincide with finals...

Umm, shouldn't it be the 15th/16th so we can get ESPilot in on it as well?

Oops, misred his post. The 15th then.

I'm still here, sort of. The 15th sounds fairly good to me. I'm just a little buried in schoolwork until after Tuesday.

Any day is fine. I start work on the 16th (9am-5pm), but I'll be able to mod at night.

Apparently, I won't be gone this coming weekend, so any time will be good for me. The 15th may actually be a bit iffy — like I said, Sundays in general aren't good for me as far as webstories go, but I think I can manage.

I'm currently a little iffy on my participation. I don't know that I'll be able to write much for this. I had thought for some reason that Para would be here for longer than he's going to be, and that we could more easily share the load of writing for the ST. But apparenlty he's leaving sooner than I expected.

Right, we re-boot the story on the 15th and have everyone post by the 16th, that way we get at least some writing accomplished.

Question: Wing, are you still around? I have a few ideas I'd like to work out with you if you are.

I'm sorry I don't have time to write up a post quite yet but I'd just like to give a few notes as to what I will be writing about. Most (if not all) of the remainder of my posts will be set during the interlude and working towards the day of my last post (a week from Tuesday real time). I'm hoping that my ideas can provide adequate closure for my short-lived empire. I'm freezing my own tech development and ship production at the numbers I set in my recent OOC post except I'm canceling my most recent technology ideas (multi-jump, ship specialization and scatter rockets).

Hmmmm, I'm going to have to prepare a new post...oh well, I'm sure I can handle it.

Good luck, chaps.

-Bob