If you could see Override expanded.....

One thing I liked a lot was the paaren station missions. You were allowed to uncover new technology. I would like to see missions betweens races that lead to new technology. I am not sure but maybe a blaze/phase turrent varient. Just something of that sort. Or through interaction with other races new types of ships became available. For instance a UE/ Miraneu Alliance warship. It was that new techs in EVO were only developed within aliens races and I felt interaction between races could be shown in ways other than trade.

------------------
Why are there no maroon ships?

Originally posted by UE Crusader:
**That would be wonderful; I'm honored that you'd make the offer. I'd love to see what you came up with! E-mail addy is tdubois@gwu.edu now.

I'm truly glad to see you still hang around these parts.

UEC

Thanks... I heard this place was starting to slow down, so I figured I would stick around for a bit..

I sent you an email yesterday from my hotmail account but I'm not sure if it even got sent out properly. The whole thing took me about fifteen minutes to write, so I hope it got sent out. 🙂 If not, let me know, and I'll re-write it and send it over again when I get the chance.

_bomb

------------------
"And to all the enemies of humanity, seek not to bar our way, for we shall win through....
....No matter the cost."

A Voinian destroyer. If the Voinian Frigate is a match for the UE Destroyer, think of what it could do!

Anywways,

Sounds like a great project. I wish you the best of luck, and I hope I may see the products of your efforts sometime in the future.

------------------
"Doritos:The official currency of fat people."-My friend
"All your bandwidth are belong to us."
"Error #101: No keyboard. Press F1 to continue."
(url="http://"http://www.AmbrosiaSW.com/webboard/Forum26/HTML/005710.html")Shameless(/url) (url="http://"http://homepage.mac.com/mandrillen/PhotoAlbum1.html")Advertisement(/url)

while looking through this topic this time around i saw a couple things tha lead e to another suggestion. a UE off shoot of the Miranu trade relations. have the miranu hook the UE with the Zidagar(they would go very good with each other). share tech. make new ship for each. a cruiser for the Zidagar with decent armor? a Heavy Destroyer for the UE made from a Zidara? (what i really want is the Zidara wearing UE colors and outfits 😄 but the Zidagar could really use a Cruiser or a Carrier like the UE had at the start of override.) there's my 2 credits. have fun and know that i look forward to this like others looked forward to Nova! begins chanting: "Override plug fer Nova! Override plug fer Nova!"

------------------
Insanity has its advantages

I may be a little late to the party, but here's something I'd like to see:

No EV(O)(N) plugin or scenario that I've seen has ever had you lose a battle or start losing a war. For example:

Intel reports that the Voinians are going to attack the Saalia system, the UE wants you to help the defense of the world. In case something goes wrong, the emergency return port is New Taranto. You go with the rest of the fleet and win the battle; then land on Saalia and recieve orders telling you to return to Earth. When you get there, the system is crawling with Voinians and you need to bug out and go to New Taranto. When you get there you are told that the voinians have attacked a couple of other systems and suceeded in capturing them and Sol, and the attack at Saalia was only a feint

In other words, I'd love to see a bit of give and take in the wars. Instead of "we're great now and we're going to capture all their worlds" it would be "we are fighting an intelligent and tricky enemy, and now we need to get these worlds back."

With the Nova engine you could even randomize whether or not the voinians did a feint or actually try to attack the world you're sent to defend, and whether or not they are around when you return to Earth. Of course, this method would also work in other wars than just Voinians vs UE, the strand wars could have something like this too.

Anyway, hope that wasn't incomprehensible, but actually fairly coherent.

MickyBIs

------------------
Who is John Galt?
Ghoti spells fish! 😛

Hmmmmm.... Actually, I like that idea. Nice idea.

------------------
If at first you don't succeed...Hit it harder! - Me
--------------
Millennium. Its coming, prepare for it.
Coming to the (url="http://"http://www.ambrosiaSW.com/games/ev/chronicles.html")EV Chronicles(/url).

Originally posted by Captain Carnotaur:
**Hmmmmm.... Actually, I like that idea. Nice idea.

Thanks 😄 One of the things that bugged me about EVO and many plugs was that the side you joined always won. It was always like the player was some sort of aiding diety to the government. Guess Nova disproved that idea didn't it...or not... 😛

MickyBIs

------------------
Who is John Galt?
Ghoti spells fish! 😛

posted by bomb:

**Thanks... I heard this place was starting to slow down, so I figured I would stick around for a bit..

I sent you an email yesterday from my hotmail account but I'm not sure if it even got sent out properly. The whole thing took me about fifteen minutes to write, so I hope it got sent out. 🙂 If not, let me know, and I'll re-write it and send it over again when I get the chance.

_bomb

Yep, I got it, I was just slow responding cause this has been a full week. I just sent you back a response that basically extends my thanks and explains a couple ideas I myself had re the UE angle. Thanks a lot for taking the time to write me! I said it in the e-mail & I'll say it here; if you want to beta test or have a pers in the plug if it comes that far you need only ask. 😉

UEC

------------------

If the Voinians only feinted their weakness at the end of the original human scenario and then put on an offensive into UE-space, pushing back like before "The Battle of Sol" or whatever it's called in the prologue. Humans would be in deep brown icky and the only solution to the problem would be to seek outside help, at a huge price.
I'm just speculating. If Override was expanded I want to see more interaction between all species. Hopefully also a real development of the Strand wars...

------------------
When in doubt, go fish.