Silver Horizon - Part I

Grunadulater asked all planets if they'd felt a message. No one had felt a message. Grunadualter spoke to a friend of his, another Overlord.
"Those poor aliens primitive technology must not be able to pick up our signals. Oh well. I guess thier weapons are pretty powerful, and if they can go trans-galatic, they're not complete primitives." The other Overlord sighed with Grunadulater, in all seriousness.

----------

"Overlord! A report from the Hera Swarm says that they have found something not far from the Sr' Akata system." The Swarm officer looked excited at this new discovery. Grunadulater walked out of the room with the officer following.

They walked to Grunadulaters personal Hyperion; it had been grown different from the others. Grunadulater preferred to fly the ship himself, so he put on the pilots hood and became part of the ship.

----------
Warpgate X'el

Grunadulater jumped into the system, and looked at the massive structure in the middle...
----------
Abora colonisation=1 post
Paraen colonised.
New evolution : Adrenaline glands
This new evolution will make Latchers have mroe adrenaline and attack faster with their claws. It will also give them an extra boost of speed when they are under great pressure.
Estimated time till Evolution Completed(EEC)=8 posts

------------------
"Oops, I think I killed it..."-Me

Prime Minister Kyala of the Kayan Alliance stood looking out the window of his residence, on a hill overlooking the largest buildings of New Kayia's capitol. He was thinking about his inaguration ceremony - some five years ago - and the events and memories connected to it. He remembered well how the elections had been close that year between him and a slightly more conservative candidate, but that with the support of the former prime minister Thunder, he had managed to pull out a 63% victory. "I've been Prime Minister for almost three decades, no doubt it's time to pass the torch on," Thunder had said. "I've had my time in the sun, and I'm getting to old for this job - it's time for me to move on. I'll do all I can to serve you as head of the Kayan Diplomatic Corps." Memories of his first days in office, the celebrations, his first major decisions flooded back. He was pulled from his reverie as a young aide delivered the latest scientific reports from deep scans of the Rift Zone in Rigel.

Kyala thanked the aide and returned to his desk to find the comms light flashing. Two messages were waiting for him, one from the Horosk, and on e from the Strand League. After reading through both, he sat down to dictate a reply to each and send it off.

Message to the Strand League, Council of Four, Silverbridge
Point of Origin - Prime Minister's offices, New Kayia, Galactica

We realize that our space is insulated from our common threats by yours, and as such we will be glad to extend our patrols throughout your space, especially in the former Horoth regions. Working together we can provide for better defense and a brighter future for both of us.

End Message

---Message to the Horosk---
---Point of Origin - Prime Minister's offices, New Kayia, Galactica---

We welcome the opportunity to talk with your people once again. I have already relayed your communication on to our Diplomatic Corps, and they are sending their highest ranking diplomatic officer, former prime minister Thunder, to meet with you. You can expect the arrival of his ship, the K.A.S. Sprite, before the week is out. I look forward to cooperation between our two races once again.

---End Message---

After sending out a couple more personal messages to his family, Kyala headed down the hill from his residence to the main government complex below to speak with the military corps about the construction of a trading outpost in Coion to assist in increasing merchant traffic and trade between the Kayan Alliance and the Azdgari. The officers he spoke with were confident that they could complete the project quickly and efficiently. With this assurance, Kyala dictated a message to send to the Azdgari.

Message to the Azdgari
Point of Origin - Main Government Complex - New Kayia - Galactica

This is Prime Minister Kyala speaking on behalf of the Kayan Alliance. Our two races share a long border, and a long history of cooperation. We realize that your space shields ours from the incursions of the Pirates, and are willing and ready to help you with our mutual defense from Pirate assults should you desire our assistance. Also, we have begun the construction of a trading outpost in Coion to help establish greater trade between our two races. Above all, please know that we will be glad to assist you - both militarily and scientifically - if you ever want our help.

End Message

Kayan Construction Update:
Coion Trading Outpost: 4 posts, 4 remaining

------------------
"One day you'll find your whole life has changed - act quick, be brave, your heart will show you the way"

Horosk
Horosk Prime
Parliamentery Buildings - Foreign Office
With great fanfare, an orbital shuttlepod landed in the middle of the Foreign Office Compound, and the airlock opened. Out walked Thunder, ex-primeminister of the Kayan Alliance, and it's firstmost diplomatic officer. Greeting him, Chairman RMA, as well as the leader of the Horoth Minority group spoke a few words, and then led Thunder to the conference room. Chairman RMA spoke,
'Communications with the Strand League have told us of the Akrahd clans that seem bent on destroying the other races, and the Horoth still remember the suffering the Akrahd caused. In light of this, the Horosk would like to offer support, in the way of a few carrier task forces.' At this point the Horoth leader spoke,
'The Horoth people still remember the Kayans help, and would like to repay it. Any divisions sent to help you would be composed of ships that are mainly crewed by ex-Horoth. We would like to set up an outpost in Horath, so that the Horosk and Horoth may visit and remember.'
'The Horosk Union would like to offer trade, and exchanges in order to help relations. We hope you find this offer to your taste', and with that, Chairman RMA waited for Thunders reply.

--------

Projects
AP Beam Strip Technical Information
The AP Beam Strip is almost complete, R&D; concentrating on construction and power generation for the strip.
ETA:2 posts

Energy Matrix Computer
Scientists are currently manipulating the energy armour in various ways.
ETA:18 posts

Other
Defence Station and fortifications in Tiradsjad 1. ETA:1 posts

--------

Horosk Shipyard Construction
Construction rate at 100%

--------

DataLink:Horosk System Defences:Horosk:Battlestations
In the Horosk capital system, 50 massive Battlestations stand guard. They are mobile, albiet slow, but they are fitted with sub-space folds in order to hide them, and any fleets. Each Battlestation is fitted with no less than 96 PM Turrets, 30 Concussion Beams, 45 AP Beam Turrets, 60 Horosk Rocket Launchers, 60 Concussion Missile Launchers, and 250 fighters each. They all have multiple energy armour generators, and numerous shield grids. They are far more powerful than the old battlestations that once existed here, and show how much effort the Horosk have poured into ensuring they do not fall again. The Battlestations represent only a portion of the systems defence however, and their construction pales in comparison to the System Shield Grid.

------------------
If someone makes a mistake, it is not my fault. I will however use it to my advantage.

Voted most likely to be a serial killer by Insane Asylum - 2002

(This message has been edited by RMA (edited 05-26-2002).)

"Thank you for the warm welcome," Thunder said to RMA. "It's an honor to meet with the Horosk once again."

"The Kayan Alliance would be both eager and glad to establish cooperation and trade between our races. We will gladly help you to build an outpost on Horath for your people to visit and remember. If you'd like to make a trading outpost on Horath as well, seperate from the memorial outpost of course, it might help facilitate merchant trade between our races. We also gratefully accept the offer of carrier divisions to assist us in guarding against the Akrahd, though it should be noted that the Strand League are far closer to the Akrahd border than we, and naturally the greatest assistance will be needed there. Our forces are already helping to patrol Strand League space to guard against Akrahd invasion, and would welcome your patrols if they decided to join us. That is, of course, if the Strand League doesn't mind."

---

Coion trading outpost: 4 posts, 3 remaining

------------------
"One day you'll find your whole life has changed - act quick, be brave, your heart will show you the way"

In the swirling, dark, and confining vortex of the Demon Nebulon, a flicker of pseudomotion appeared, and then vanished again into the paradoxically blinding darkness, almost as if nothing had happened. Had anyone been watching, they could have only seen the small Rarkyl shuttle for a fraction of a second, before it disappeared into the blackness of a modified cloaking shield.

Rather symbolic, actually. The Rarkyl been encaged in the Demon for too long by the accursed Aliens. Things would be changing very soon.

Supreme Emperor Sul'maoiac T'esqure stared into the heart of the devious nebula, contemplating the expansion of his dominion, and wondering what Supreme Emperors of the past would have done in his place. He was tall and lean, clad in the traditional body armor of the leader of the Rarkyl, and his combat skills were unmatched in the entire galaxy, or at least within Rarkyl space. As he stared towards his base of power, T’esqure fingered the chain that held his deep red cape, and the shinning Ruby that hung from it, his toned muscles pulsating. After a few seconds of deep thought, he decided it really didn’t matter. The present held more possiblilities than the past ever could.

T’esqure realized that within a few short months, the power available to the Rarkyl would be completely beyond comprehension, and the cursed alien enemies would be entirely wiped out.

It was a hot, dry, and humid day on Druel, which was largely uncharacteristic of the small moon in the Baradar system; normally, the tiny oceanic world was besieged with clouds and tormented by torrents of rain, which made today a rather unusual and unforgetable day for the near future. Inhabitants could be seen planet-wide, enjoying at long last the change in the usually unremtting weather. Yes, today was going to be a good day. It was going to be a good day for an invasion.

Imperator Volarich watched his tactical display as his flagship, the Ravager , a seriously undermanned Rarkyl Battleship descended into the pleasant atmosphere, a minor and insignificant grin on Volarich’s distinctly powerful face. He had been pushing Supreme Emperor Sul'maoiac T'esqure to expand Rarkyl territory and become more aggresive. So far, he had been somewhat unsuccessful; the Emperor was more concerned with pulling his Empire out of it’s current economic slump than waging war with the horrid and disgusting alien species. However, Volarich hoped todays demonstration would be enough to change his mind. If the Rarkyl were going to win this war, they needed to put their vast and powerful Navy to work, and fast.

“Inform squadron two that they are to take the point,” Volarich ordered the communications officer aboard the Ravager. The cheap and moderatley fast Gunboats would be able to deliver their hevy payloads to the opposing forces, as well as evade any return fire more easily than any of the capital ships assigned to Volarich’s task force.

As the Imperator glanced at the view screen, the group of two hundred small fighters moved out of defending position and into the front, firing barrages of Nova cannon gun fire and Implosion Rockets at their assigned targets and wreaking havoc, all with advanced simunition, of course. Todays invasion was to be the best simulation of the effectiveness of a Rarkyl invasion force in it’s prime, demonstrating the destructive capabilities of the Rarkyl’s military might. And with one thousand two hundred Gunboats, seven hundred PT boats, one hundred forty Frigates, and sixty Combat carriers not to mention the two commanding battleships, it was turning out to be an impressive demonstration.

“Okay, watch your portside flank, Squardron 3,” Volarich said into his comm, observing as one of the Frigates went off-line after taking a simulated critical hit from one of the Nova Cannon batteries. “ Behemoth , keep up the pressure on that compound. Valar, maneuver us into position to assisst them,” Volarich ordered, knowing that the powerful guns couldn’t attack the incoming ground troops without a power source and that eventually the power of dozens of Nova cannon’s firing at point blank range at the fusion generator would disable the huge cannon at the heart of the small military encampment.

“Imperator, the landing force has begun to deploy. They estimate that the military base will be under their control in minutes,” one of the bridge officers reported.

“Excellent. Inform Praetor Kryiet that I want minimal casualities. Keep me updated on their progress.” Volarich told the young soldier.

“Yes, sir,” the soldier said before saluting and turning back to his duties.

The Imperator turned back to his display, knowing that his massive force could capture almost any Military base. Watching as his armada proceeded in disabling the military base, Volarich smiled again. Yes, today was going to be a very good day.

The two Sakar short swords clashed together, illuminating the room for a brief second with a blinding flash of sparks before quickly disengaging. The two generals leapt apart, the shorter one flipped backwards, faltering and almost losing his balance before making a somewhat shaky landing and recovering.

The General looked across the room, and nodded, deep in thought, despite the severity of the situation. He raised his sword in one arm and sprinted towards the other end of the long room raising one of his long knives, and hurdling it towards the other General. The flicker of premonition was his only warning, and the short general dropped to the ground, a thoron blaster bolt whizzing past his head.

The General, realizing his opponent was cheating, leapt up and into a defensive position, reaching out in thought, not into his own mind, but to his opponents. Soon, the other General was kneeling approximately one hundred feet before him, howling while he tried to supress his pain. In a flash of rage and anger and hatred, the short General sprinted forward, and decapitated his fallen opponent.

The sudden burst of cackling broke his chain of thought, and the general looked up, staring into the seemingly lifeless eyes of his obviously amused master. “Very good, General Iranavn,” the Emperor said, the smile uncharacteristic of his Rarkyl face.

Iranavn had had no idea what had posesed him to kill the other general, the sudden burst of anger, of hatred, of....rage. Then, looking upon the Master, he suddenly understood, and the revelation sent a chill to his spines. There was no doubt that Supreme Emperor Sul'maoiac T'esqure was a powerful warrior, but his psychic manipulation of the two battling Rarkyl right now was completely beyond anything that Iranavn had previously thought possible. There was no longer any need to doubt the absolute power of the Dominion, and it inspired fear, and along with that, loyalty to the Rarkyl order.

“You are indeed worthy to take command of our offensive, General,” T’esqure continued, bending down to rip the arm off of the deceased Rarkyl at the edge of the wall. Suddenly, the cadaver in hand forgotten, the Supreme Emperor tilted his head to the side. “I request that you stay here for a moment, General,” the Emperor ordered.

“Yes, your Excellency,” Iranavn replied, slightly confused, but determined to faithfully obey his leader.

Emperor T’esqure returned to his throne on the bleak homeworld of the Rarkyl, crushing the arm of the Fallen Rarkyl General with his powerful jaws. In front of the Emperor, a full sized projection of Imperator Volarich appeared. It flickered breifly with static before making it’s initial greeting.

“Your Excellency,” Volarich began, not allowing his surprise at seeing Iranavn flanking the Emperor to show. “Our operation was Sucessful....”

“Yes, Imperator, you have done well,” the Supreme Emperor cut him off. “You are right, and it is time to overwhelm and defeat our enemies.” T’esqure stated, having read Volarich’s mind. “I am having General Iranavn begin to detail a force to obliterate our surrounding Federation, Horosk and Voinian Enemies. In the meantime, I want an attack planned for the Invasion of Edien space. You will have unlimited resources.”

“Yes, your Excellency,” Volarich said, bowing down before his master as the projection began to flicker and fade into Darkness.

General Iranavn stared at the now deserted spot for a moment, deep in concentration. Why had the Emperor suddenly decided to plan a major offensive against the vile aliens? And why, of all of his loyal servants, had T’esqure chosen him to organize the entire attack? Iranavn was not sure if the Rarkyl could win this war and....

Quiet your fears General, it will bring victory to us all. a thought intruded into Iranavn’s mind, but certainly not his own thought. Of course it wasn’t his. The Emperor could read minds, and just as obviously plant thoughts in other peoples minds.

“Yes, your Excellency,” Iranavn said, bowing down before he began to depart the Emperor’s throne room; trying not to dwell on the fact that the Emperor was now devouring the defeated General. The Rarkyl surley wouldn’t lose this new found war without a vicious and terrifying fight.

------------------
<XXXXXXXL===============>
When did I go Insane?
<XXXXXXXL

(This message has been edited by Igor Rigadaz (edited 05-26-2002).)

Horosk
Horosk Prime
Parliamentery Buildings - Foreign Office
Chairman RMA considered Thunder for a moment, and replied.
We thank you for your acceptance of our offer, and we will send freighters containing materials along with construction crews to begin construction soon. Our Carrier Task Force will not be large due to the various threats we have nearer to home, but we hope it helps you. The Strand League have said they do not want our assistace at the moment, so we will help only near old Horoth space for now.
'We offer you a list of our technologies, and ask in return for a list of your technologies, so that we may both see if either of us has anything we might wish to trade at some point.'

--------

Projects
The Ap Beam Strip is almost complete, just production errors and power distribution needing to be finalised.
ETA:1 posts

Energy Matrix Computer
ETA:17 posts

Other
Defence Station and fortifications in Tiradsjad 1. ETA:Completed

Expansion of Tiradsjad defences and deployment of integral minefield. ETA:3 posts

--------

------------------
If someone makes a mistake, it is not my fault. I will however use it to my advantage.

OOC: Esponer, if you don't mind, maybe you should cut Asriel a little slack in attacking him. I haven't been able to contact him on AIM, and I doubt he knows that Silver Horizon has started yet.

Also, everybody needs to keep really good track of all the ships they build and their total navy stats, because I can't.

---------------------------

Saephara System - New Earth stellar - Federation Alliance Capitol World

President Carnotaur of the Federation Alliance watched as row upon row of Federation soldiers walked past him, twenty astride, as they boarded the huge Federation Battlecruiser Imperion. The huge warship had had its fighter bays taken out and replaced with special cargo bays that could load up and deploy ground troops quickly. The Imperion was part of a huge battlegroup that was now readying itself to be sent to the Rarkyl border.

"My men can take out just about anything!" General Zatharn bragged. Zatharn was an Azdgari, and had a patch over one eye because of a duel he had had with another Edien soldier during the invasion of Zidagar. "They're some of the best equipped and trained men in all of our armies!"

"Yes, but how will they fair against the barbaric Rarkyl?" Admiral Vathaer countered, his face stern and serious. "These people are unlike anything we have ever encountered before. They need not technology to aid them; they in themselves are dangerous enough to to fight in small numbers, and in large offensives they can be nearly invincible."

"You worry too much, Vathaer..." Zatharn mumbled as he surveyed the second division to board.

"No, he's right," Carnotaur said, looking around. "The Rarkyl are a formidable opponent. We need good methods of wiping them out in ground combat, not talk about their intended success."

The wind suddenly picked up as the Imperion took off, its engines glowing bright cyan as it ascended into the atmosphere, and another warship took its place. "Why not just bombard them?" Carnotaur asked.

"Rarkyl can usually survive bombardment," Vathaer replied. "They hide in bunkers and caves for days without food or water, and emerge when the bombardment is over, ready to fight and not a single bit less strong."

Carnotaur turned to Vatharn. "General, keep putting in more troops, but also try working on a way to combat these Rarkyl more easily in a ground war. Vathaer, come with me."

Eying Zatharn coldy as he followed Carnotaur, Vathaer quickly caught up with the young president as he walked briskly up the ramp of the Red October , his fathers ship and now his own ship. Carnotaur was not just Carnotaur; he was actually Carnotaur Jr.. His father was the legendary president which had helped to drive the Ediens out of the Milky Way, and after the Ediens had been crippled, he had married Rima, the leader of the Miranu. Carnotaur was not an only child, however; his sister Kenra lived in the Large Megallanic Cloud.

Walking into the bridge, Carnotaur ordered the ship to set a course back to the main city, and then the president and Vathaer walked into the breifing room. Fleet Admiral Vincent Lance, known as "Scorcher" to most everybody, was already in the room looking at a holoprojection of the Andromeda galaxy. "You wanted to see me?" Carnotaur asked.

"Yes," Scorcher replied, and pointed out Edien space, highlighted in purple on the map. "Our scouts have reported increasing Edien activity along the frontier. They may be gearing up for another set of raids, but what I don't get is how they managed to get so many more ships. Our last raids on the Dylarian Shipyards hit them pretty bad."

"Do you think they're preparing a retaliatory strike?" Carnotaur asked.

"Possibly..." Scorcher said, still looking intently at the map.

"Or maybe they're just trying to spook us," Vathaer noted quietly. "It won't be the first time they've appeared to be gearing up for an offensive, and not do a thing."

"Something tells me, however, that you didn't call us in here urgently just to discuss the Ediens," Carnotaur said, grinning.

"Heh... Well, you're right. It's the Rarkyl I'm worried about..." Scorcher said, zooming the holoprojector onto the Demon Nebula. "From what we can gather from scouts and from the Sladerei sensor beacons, the Rarkyl continue move ships here and there as if at random, but recently we have reason to believe that they've been assembling more ships than are usually allocated to the border systems. If this is correct, they may strike, and soon."

Everyone was silent. Carnotaur was thinking about what to do, when finally he spoke up. "Well, raise the alert status to Red Level. I don't want them catching us by surprise. Increase scouting patrols and try and cut through that interference. Vathaer, take your fleet up there. We need to reinforce the border."

-------------------

Riomor System

Admiral LoneIgadzra held the rifle steadily, carefully lining up the targetting sensor with his target, then pressing the trigger slowly. The recoil gave him quite a jolt as the pulse of energy shrieked across the room and disintigrated a targetting beacon on the other side.

"Well, it seems to work well..." the admiral said, handing the newly-developed Quantum Sniper Rifle back to a scientists. "Though you might want to fix the noise and a bit of the jolt. Sharpshooters might not like it when they're trying to hit an Edien in-between the eyes."

"Sure thing admiral," the scientist said, laughed, and walked back off towards his work.

LoneIgadzra then looked at an incoming hypermail. "From Fleet Admiral Scorcher I see..." the admiral said to himself as he viewed it, "....this will be interesting."

Reading through the message, it essentially ordered LoneIgadzra to begin work on developing a new kind of planetary shield to better protect them against invading enemy forces. The job was simple enough, but as with everything LoneIgadzra and his research team immediately set to work....

Enhanced Planetary Shield Grid - ETA: 10 Posts

-------------------

Fleet Movements
6,000 ships move up from the Milky Way to the Lakal system
5,000 ships move up from the Milky Way to the NGC-541 system
5,000 ships move up from the Milky Way to the NGC-5699 system
Fighter patrols placed in Narron 83, Har, Nazgol'Ujl, and DSN-5977 for scout and early-alert dutey

Another 10,000 ships produced
Total Navy Count: 2,010,000

-------------------

Warpgate X'el

As Grunadulater flew closer to the strange metal structure at the center of the system, he could see that it was made entirely of grey steel, was very smooth, and was essentially a circle cylinder. It appeared to be dormant, and sensors could not penetrate the interior. There were no hatches or anything that could be used to get inside; at least he didn't see any at first.

-------------------

Topira'Nan System - Andromeda Galaxy

The Horosk fighter patrol swept through the system, on constant guard for intruders. Without warning, a huge Pirate fleet of 10,000 warships jumped into the system. They were no ordinary pirates, like the ones of LMC; these were Asani Pirates, renegades and casteless civillians who had taken up arms against the Asani and anyone else who might threaten them. They were armed with the same ships and technology as the Asani, though they had only limited amounts of the large warships. They had been able to enter the system by disguising their ships as just standard Asani vessels.

Streaming in, the Pirates launched barrage after barrage of Arrow missiles, while strike wings of frigates and fighters moved around and then blasted in from the sides. In the confusion of the Horosk fleet, many Pirate frieghters began to land on the planet, offloading troops were pillaged everything they could and began to load up the frieghters with as much pillaged supplies as they could.

-------------------

Zeus System - LMC Galaxy

"All ships, open fire!"

The Gamaera warfleet charged the outnumbered Strand League defenders, their guns blazing away and streaming out wave after wave of missiles. Explosions rocked the SL ships as the Gamaera closed in, but the battle shifted considerably in an instant.

The rest of the Strand League defenders, which had been on the planet at the time, raced into space. Now the SL were still outnumbered a bit, but in firepower, the two fleets were equal. The Akrahd backed off as one of their fighter wings was incinerated, and began to hit the SL from a distance with heavy railgun and missile fire while their fleet regrouped and prepared for another charge.

-------------------

Message to: Horosk Union
Subject: Trade Agreement

This is Minister Valoran speaking. The Asani Head Councilmember is currently occupied, and so I am representing him. The Asani can never fully forgive the Horosk for your past misdeeds, especially when we find some of your methods a little deplorable, but we will look into a trade agreement. I will speak to the head councilman immediately on this subject, and will inform you as soon as I get a difinitive answer.
End Message

------------------
If at first you don't succeed...Hit it harder! - Me
--------------
Millennium. Its coming, prepare for it.
Coming to the (url="http://"http://www.ambrosiaSW.com/games/ev/chronicles.html")EV Chronicles(/url).

OOC:Netscape crashed and wipe dmy post, so this is mainly a summary. I may edit later and fill stuff in.

--------

Rarkyl border reinforced. Ground forces like smart bullet. Cloaked carrier forces with cloaked cruisers have been deployed in systems between the Rarkyl and the Horosk to provide as backup to the Sladerei sensor nets which apparently exist.

--------

Topira'nan
The Asani Pirates had thought they had found easy picking. They found out they where wrong in a big way. Hundreds of Carriers shifted out of sub-space fold, along with numerous Cruisers. At the same time thousands of mines shifted back into normal space and blew many Asani ships up, damaging many. 2 Phoenix Class Battlecruisers stayed hidden, because the Horosk dont want to use them unless they have to. Many Asani ships now blown up, they are now hugely outnumbered. Horosk Interceptors have taken to strafing runs through the planets atmosphere to blow Asani ships up.

A fleet from Enchan II has set course for Nexus in order to trap any Asani Pirates that try to escape. A smaller fleet has gone to SGI-82 to serve as an early warning system. Only a few frigates in the force, all that can be put close enough to cruiser or carrier hulls to hide under the sub-space fold.

--------

Message To: Asani Coalition
Message From: Horosk Union
Subject: Trade
Encrypted
We thank you for offering to take this to the notice of your Head Councilmember. We would also like to supply data on an Asani Pirate attack. They have assaulted one of our systems. We would like to ask you how we should consider this in the light of you disliking us for actions by renagades and Pirates hundreds of years ago.
Message Ends

--------

Projects
The Ap Beam Strip is almost complete, just production errors and power distribution needing to be finalised.
ETA:Completed

AP Beam Strip Interceptor
Research and refitting
ETA:4 posts

Energy Matrix Computer
ETA:16 posts

Other

Expansion of Tiradsjad defences and deployment of integral minefield. ETA:2 posts

--------

------------------

Grunadulater sighed at the large object. He would have to do things the hard way. 50 Latchers flew up to a side of the object and began to hack it open with their claws. Suprisingly, this did almost no dammage. One Latcher spit some plasma on the object, but nothing happened. Grunadulater called for an Infester, who shot the object with seeds and a small mutation began to grow. After an hour, still nothing had happened, the metal was still intanct. The Infester organ seemed to like the metal, thought; it was growing all over it.
----------
A small squad of Latchers from the Trading Swarm flew into the Valenna system, each Latcher carrying some of the finest minerals in Shar' Nadda space. It was only a bit of minerals, but it would help make more ships.(Note: This wouldn't help armor, it would just produce a few more ships this post). The Latchers stopped in mid-space around a large Alien ship with the minerals, and waited.
----------
Adrenaline glands=7 posts
Abora colonised
Bokal colonisation=1 post

------------------

“We’re getting a preliminary report from the Imperial palace,” the Valar of the Dominion Gaurd reported to his team. “It appears someone has breached our security. This unit has been designated for the protection of the Emperor, so I am sending in a scout team as our point, and we will follow. Remeber, that above all else, our mission is to ensure the Supreme Emperor’s saftey,” the assembled Rarkyl gave a nod of ascent as the Valar finished his breifing, and the 20 soldiers all prepared to enter the palace.

The Valar, acting as pointman entered the building, only to see a horrible display of carnage before him. The entire scout team lay slaughtered before them, thoron blaster bolts scaring the walls. Several of them appeared to be missing appendages, and all of them had looks of extreme terror on their faces.

“We need back up now!” the Rarkyl Valar said into his comm unit. “Send a squad of Archons, I am withdrawing my team for the time being, until we can obtain more backup.”

“Yes sir,” a feint voice acknowledged, sounding somewhat nervous. The Archons were the most powerful of all the Telepathic warriors of the Rarkyl. Their use was only authorized in the most dire of circumstances. If the Dominion Gaurd required the need of such soldiers, than their could be little hope that their Emperor remained alive.

A small fleet of Rarkyl gunboats appeared in the edge of the Gji’dron system, flickering into existence and maneuvering into formation among the vast battlefleet. The majority of this huge fleet had been pulled off of defensive duty from many of the more protected Rarkyl systems, deep within the Demon Nebula. The defence was not really needed, and soon, it looked like the Rarkyl Dominion was about to gain the upper hand against the Federation.

General Iranavn stared out at the fleet, shuddering. This wasn’t a typical Rarkyl battlefleet. This massive armada of ships had been assembled for the initial conquering of Federation space: the invasion of the small border world of Lakai. The Supreme Emperor had pushed him to assemble this massive fleet, and now that General Iranavn was out here, about to begin one of the largest offensives against the Aliens in recent history, all of his fear, nervouseness, and anger seemed to drain away.

The Rarkyl fleet seemed to teem with nervous agitation, and it was a restlessness that the General could well identify with. For too long, the Rarkyl had been held back. For too long, the Rarkyl had been confined. Today, things were going to change; and every warrior and hunter assembled here would be instrumental in the Dominion’s overriding quest for power.

“General,” the ships captain called out. “All forces have checked in. We are ready to begin our offensive.”

“Thank you, Valar,” The General responded, still deep in thought. Thousands of Fighters were bristling with weapons, just waiting to open fire on the unsuspecting Federation forces. Hundreds of Combat carriers had also assembled, each hording as many weapons as expertly trained Rarkyl soldiers. And floating among it all, like someones twisted idea of a joke, was the archaic Rarkyl Heavy Freighter. The main component of this entire offensive.

“Inform the Archons aboard the freighter that they are to remain cautious, and above all, that our entire operation depends on how well they can pull this off,” Iranavn ordered, knowing that the telepathic soldiers would perform admirably. “I want the freighter to begin the journey to Lakai, and the rest of the fleet should follow within two hours.”

“Yes sir,” The Valar responded, transmitting the orders with a wicked grin across his face.

The Archons blazed into the palace, past the horrible slaughter and towards the Emperors throne room, The Rarkyl Dominion Gaurd following in their wake. The imposing Archons were tall and clad in long, black capes, and represented the fury of the Rarkyl warrior. No one would dare oppose them, and few could stand in their way.

As the force continued through the small palace, they passed more and more murdered Rarkyl. The Valar couldn’t believe anyone could have gotten passed all these gaurds. Something really strange was going on here....

The Archons had reached the throne room now, and without hesitation, entered. The Valar looked around in astonishment, seeing a scene of chaos before him. There were bodies littering the floor, but these were not Rarkyl.
No, these were vile Aliens; these were Ediens.

How had they penetrated the palace security? There had been no major Edien aggressions towards the Rarkyl since the Battle of Thorosk, and that had been years ago. It was virtually impossible to get through the Demon Nebula anyway, and yet a commando force of Ediens lay dead at their feet. More chilling was the fact that these Ediens had managed to penetrate the palace virtually undetected, and with no casualities until this point.

A contingent of the Gaurds rushed to the throne, realizing that the Emperor was wounded and exhausted. The Valar was suprised that he had survived this assault when so many of his warriors had not.

Bowing before him, the valar began to speak. “It is an honor to see you alive, your Excellency,” the Rarkyl guard stated.

“You may rise, Valar. I thank you for your assistance, but I ask for privacy right now.”

“Yes,” the Rarkyl responded, signaling his team and the Archons to depart. As they turned to exit, none of them seemed to notice the pair of glowing blue eyes shinning out from the darkness.

A Rarkyl Freighter entered into the Federation controlled system of Lakai, appearing damaged, as it drifted towards a Federation border patrol fleet.

“Shi estak nadde en uy’t oi?” A burst of static errupted onto all communication devices, the Rarkyl onboard called in an ancient dialogue to the nearest ships, not only with their voices, but with their minds.

The two Rarkyl Archons onboard waited for a response from the Federation, not expecting anything less than a hostile reaction.

------------------
<XXXXXXXL===============>
When did I go Insane?
<XXXXXXXL

(This message has been edited by Igor Rigadaz (edited 05-26-2002).)

Originally posted by Captain Carnotaur:
OOC: Esponer, if you don't mind, maybe you should cut Asriel a little slack in attacking him. I haven't been able to contact him on AIM, and I doubt he knows that Silver Horizon has started yet.

Look, I told you I'd do this. I'm really sorry it was Asriel, but I warned you, and I'm not going to suddenly stop because of OOC reasons. Impartiality has its downfalls.

Oh, on the attack of Zeus - I gather you're controlling Gamaera? I think you should put the battlefleet size down, instead of just coming to the conclusion that I'm outnumbered. Also, you can't get to Zeus - I have a fleet deployed in NSI-232 from the beginning of the story (Zeus supports that fleet, so the uninhabited system serves as a border).

'don't want to cause too much dispute, so let's move the batle to NSI-232, if you would, and I guess I'm fighting about 75,000 ships.

NSI-232
The Strand League defence force responded violently to the attack, while attempting to keep down their losses as much as was possible. Ziradas made two sweep attacks under Zidara and Zira cover, before the bulk of them moved back into fighter bays for protection and repairs. ZSN made a third sweep, causing heavy damage, before pulling back behind the IGNA reef.

This pattern was repeated multiple times, with first the fighters repairing, and then the rest of the ZSN force. Thousands of Akrahd ships were turned into wrecks, but in the process a number of ZSN vessels fell. IGNA held strong against the Gamaera assualts, not even blinking an eye, metaphorically speaking.

The ship counts quickly began to level up, and the Akrahd attempted to fight back hard, but when 20,000 more SL vessels entered the fray from the Persephone region, the battle quickly and decisively began to turn to the Strand League's side.

Persephone

{From: Council of Four, Silverbridge}
{To: Kayans}

We give you our thanks. We must ask, however - how many ships will be redirected where? With the Akrahd sitiuation, we need to be sure of our situation.

Thank you again.

{end transmission}

Horosk
Eriqui landed safely on Horosk Prime, and quickly requested an audience with the Horosk.

Titan
(OOC: Whitehawk, none of this is supposed to actually catch you, but I thought you mind find things a little more interested if it was two-sided)

Six officers of the Magistrate's Militia, accompanied by the faint shadow of a ZSN agent, his coat making him almost invinsible, ran into the deserted warehouse in short, wary bursts, rifles in hands. The officers each went to one exit and guarded it, moving quickly and with the the confidence of one experienced with such a situation. The agent took long, cool strides into the middle of the chamber, towards the half-comatose man lying sprawled on the floor.

"You know the basics," the agent said darkly. "Who were you here to meet?"

"**** you!" the man coughed out, making a grab at the agent's right leg. His grab missed entirely, and he fell back to the ground, coughing up blood.

"This is all very nice, but I'm not here for you. As far as I'm concerned, you're the smaller picture. Arkath, was it? We have your record. Now, the person you met... we don't know at all. We want names."

"I'm saying nothing," Arkath declared, clinging to the remnants of his dignity.

"Look around you, Arkath. Someone did this to you, and your guards, and the noticeable lack of your business partner comes to mind."

"He escaped," Arkath spat.

"No - he did this to you. Honour and loyalty are very commendable, but this is your life here, Arkath," the agent replied coolly. "If you tell us everything you know, your sentence won't be longer than five years. If you don't, it could very well be twelve. You're getting old, Arkath. In twelve years, you've missed your life. Do you really want that to happen?"

There was a very long pause. "Sojin... Kiran..."

"I don't believe I've had the pleasure," the agent answered, "which is a fair indication that this man is experienced at his job. More names?"

"Kanazi..." he coughed, and then continued listing names from the crime ring.

"You'll help us with information, then?" questioned the Zidagar agent.

"I... will..." Arkath replied weakly. "But... I know much more than this. In return for all my information, you'll... let me leave League space."

"I'll see what I can do, old boy." And then, the agent slipped away, only a faint grey silhouette and a shadow marking his exit.

Twelve hours later, a platoon of militia officers quickly slipped into position around Kazani's residence, while the woman herself was locked on by satellite. They didn't want to take her yet - she was the perfect bait, as they had learnt that Sojin Kiran would be paying him a visit soon. Sojin Kiran, who, according to the databanks, did not even exist (other than another Sojin Kiran who was a four-year old boy assumed to most likely not be the one they were after (OOC: Just a joke there, Hawk. Four hundred billion people, 'bound to be some identical names) ), was very likely one of the more prominent criminals within League space.

Bokac
A sixth battlefleet of 6,500 ships was prepared and made its way towards Argus, and would reach there soon to reinforce the 750 Igazradas in the "Iron Fist" group and the other battlefleet. The continuous wave-raid was going well, with reinforcements arriving every few days to reinforce the weaker forces.

Argus
"Iron Fist" entered the fray, surprising the Akrahd forces that were engaged with the 6500 ships already there. The power of the Igazradas quickly cleared out a number of Akrahd vessels, and the defending fleet soon found itself caught. Despite outnumbering their enemies massively, the combination of Igazradas on one side, a 3250-strong IGNA fleet on the other, and 3250 ZSN ships running amoc was dealing considerable damage. They could still be victorious, quite easily, but they were going to have to make some major decisions on how to deal with the situation.

A similar situation was repeated in Zellar and Argon, which both had 13,000 ships now commited to battle.

(OOC: Thalleon-player; I fully understand that it's unfair of me to keep bringing in reinforcements and writing a battle post for each, so from now on until you reply, I'll just say "reinforcements arrive", and not make an actual battle-post)

14 Tauri
Third and Fourth Sentinels were established in 14 Tauri and its sister system, 11 Tauri. With the Tauri Cluster secure, the construction fleet began to make its way to 12 and 13 Cygna, to meet with a third fleet from the Ring worlds and construct the Fifth and Sixth Sentinels.

The reports of Aries Primus were very promising, and the Ring Alliance was preparing the necessary equipment for a major colonisation of the system, including a defence perimeter, hyper-exit spherically aligned gun ports, numerous disc silos, four major industrial complexes, two spacebourne shipyards, a stardock and the skeleton of numerous cities for immediate colonisation. Aries Primus would be as large a base as Kassadar, Cerberus and Titan were.

Strand League
Update

Izirion Light Fighter: 10/16 posts
Scorpion Disc: 6/12

Cygna Cluster Outposts: 3/3 posts

------------------
-Lyat Esponer Corsair

(This message has been edited by SilverDragon (edited 05-26-2002).)

“We’ve a problem, Sojin. A rather...annoying problem at that,” came Raven’s voice over the wristlink. Sojin only nodded to himself as he watched Kazani’s flat from the distance. The poor lass was probably being watched as well; either that or she had made a deal with the League on turning him in.

“I should have killed him,” Sojin muttered as he turned from looking around a corner of a warehouse. Kazani was an old client of his , a capable seller of arms and falsified identacards and the like, nothing really major like drugs or assasanations. Too bad she had been comprosmised; Kaza had been one of his favorite people. The only one he actually trusted to any extent on Titan. Too bad for the other fellow as well.

As he turned back to watch a human walk towards Kazani’s flat, Raven replied, “Well, its too late now, Sojin. You sure about the person you found to make the forerunning deal though? I mean, thirteen hundred is too much for one person. Besides what happens if he gets caught. The information will...”

Sojin smiled and broke in. Raven was always one to point out the fact, a thing his father had made sure of and Sojin had tried to save in her. “The data crystal holds a recipe for New Brooklyn ale, Raven. I planned it so the poor fellow would get caught. That is if Kazani’s goons don’t knock him about a few times first. Not to mention the fact that the man happens to have the coordianates to a known renegade port on him. I’m coming back.” Tapping his wristlink, Sojin cut the connection and headed back to the landing pad.

Walking down the streets he nodded to a few strangers when they gave casual greetings. He had taken the percaution of wearing a plain phase pistol this time, just a plain old weapon that could be afforded by a starship captain. It wasn’t as good as his pulse pistol or any of the newer weapons, but did the job. That and the weapon on his arm as well, as good as a pulse weapon was any day.

Reaching his ship, Sojin headed for the aft cargo bay. There was much to do before going to meet his only other reliable client on Titan.

------------------
(url="http://"http://pub51.ezboard.com/fquillzfrm4.showMessage?topicID=10.topic")A Pilot's memory(/url)

Someone thinking, somewhere in the Akrahd Teh’Rak Clan

The capital planet was effervescent with the inter-provincial commerce and a few smuggled kilotons of fret with the pirates. The southern border was peaceful, blocked by the Valanor. They were and still are mysterious, untouched but reticent to come out from their blackout, aren’t we Akrahd too. Though, the southern are enigmatic people the other Akrahd were too far to know anything about except that they selfish. Well aren’t Akrahd too.

Teh’Rak Parliament Hill

The hour had come. A single moment at which all would be decided. The Great Expansion would soon start . With only three arms, the Teh’Rak would come out of its tomb. The session had been painful, but paid off for the Teh’Rak and they will no more pay.

-Raise arms now! said the master of ceremony. All arms are up high, pointing with pride at the high luxurious ceiling. The moment had come and the Great Expansion is starting. A voice shadowed the other’s rumour in the vast room.

-Fellow Provincial Teh’Rak, you and I all know what awaits us. Not only us, leaders of the Teh‘Rak, nut us as Teh’Rak, as Akrahd. We are the only reminiscent seeds of the past Akrahd Empire that can reunite it once and for all.
The twenty four Teh’Rak all up, with their eyes filled with an old emotion, the instinct that had never left their heart. This instinct had push them to do the best for themselves, for the Akrahd Empire throughout the eons. The voice continued its low frequency speech, knowing that all the men surrounding him were loyal, to the Teh’Rak. A dream that had come true during the last twenty years, with that one man barely standing on his feet, tired but still upright.

• I-am-Teh’Rak! I am Akrahd! I, Nedeja Psack, am ready to suffer for any Teh’Rak suffering. I am ready to suffer even more for one more Teh’Rak that will not suffer!

The Great Expansion ’s speech continued into the night, as the provincial leaders gathered for a session of vocal introspection.

Griboire, Korellian II, today

These lines were what I had heard from yesterday’s speech on the news when I came back home. My speech was fine, low on the patriotic messages, just enough to boost young women and men’s mind to fight better against the darker side of the Universe. How could living beings, less then people, behave in that blindness of democracy. A place where they can not dictate what the soul does. Here, every Teh’Rak has right and obligation to act for the benefit of all other Teh’Rak. Any kind of action has to be taken to let the Clan move towards brighter skies. Any.
I was preparing my message when my wife came in to bring my daily glass of jjuj. After her departure, I reread the letter out loud to his northern neighbour as if their commander would in the near future:

Message to the Pirate coded.

The Teh’Rak Empire has begun its Great Expansion. I am willing to spare the Pirate from the Teh’Rak’s wrath but for one condition: a cease-fire agreement. The Teh’Rak will help you raise funds with the authorization to pass through our mutual national border. Naturally, only freighters would be allowed to converge towards the heart of the Clan after several check-ups. As for our future presence in your territory, I suspect and hope for an escort of my fellow ships, never to careful.

Naturally, many trading possibilities are available between the two of us.

Please respond soon.

Nedeja Psack.

Message completed from the Akrahd Teh’Rak Clan

Nedeja Psack read his personal message to another Galactic Leader. Their reaction is already known and predicable, but all possibilities had been taken in consideration:

The Valanor Master, Espona, read the message and was astonished:

Message to the Valanor Empire coded.

The Teh’Rak Empire has begun its Great Expansion. I am willing to spare the Valanor Empire from the Teh’Rak’s wrath but for one condition: the secession of Outpost Nil’Syria to us. All Valanor ships and military personnel and equipment are requested to leave the system in forty-eight hours from present lecture of this message. After, Outpost Nil’Syria will become a trade link between our two Clans under permanent and tight Teh’Rak security. To verify the events happening at Outpost Nil’Syria, the T.R.S.A. Dangerous Tearer Battleship is already on its way, escorted, for the form, by one hundred, Lion Spears, detached from my personal guard and the blue prints of the Anti-matter weaponry. I will be aboard it.

A negative response by the Valanor Clan would result in nothing. We will stand at your gate, as we have done for centuries before. Nothing.

I sincerely wish that Outpost Nil’Syria becomes Teh’Rak and that we become warmer neighbours.

Nedeja Psack.

Message completed by the Akrahd Teh’Rak Clan

The preparative for the Great Expansion had been successfully achieved, all Teh’Rak of the Teh’Rak Space Assault (T.R.S.A.) were ready and skilled to their utmost capacities, having face the enemy in during their training. This had enabled all recruits to deal with the fear and uniqueness of war. Indicate what composes a division: 900 Teh’Rak Fighters, 700 Gun Boats, 450 Dragons, 450 Lions Spears, 450 Desecrators, 450 Defilers, 300 Necromancers, 160 Tearers. The four Death Rays were located in the four arms of the Clan. (edit with Carno's info)

Korellian II

The T.R.S.A. divisions were ready to get involved in the action of the Great Expansion. The Kor.II.Div1-2-3-4 were already warming up their engines to hyper towards Outpost Nil’Syria. Kor.II.Div6-7 were under stand-by, patrolling Korellian II in case of a Valanor attack, not realizing the benefits from this secession. The Kor.II.Def had been red alert and half of it was roaming through the system.
Commander Vilin Durandale was anxious, the plans were always better said than done, he knew quite a lot in that area. What preoccupied him the most was the fact that all secondary border’s main fleets had been moved toward the principal borders. That had not happen in a long time. The Tro.II.Div1-2 were also in Korellian II, the first division of Vala and the second on Alav, also set to dive into the mouth of the wolf.
The two thinkers were assisted by the Teh’Rak Space Transport (T.R.S.T.) with five hundred haulers filled with troops and protected by Admiral Thalu Degazon’s Qeu.I.Div5 from Qeusdon. The Admiral of the Tro.II.Div4-5, Sait Rien, was backed by the Teh.V.Div4-5.

Korellian III

Commander Taton Hauteclair was sitting in his T.R.S.A. Jubilant ŤNecromancerť Heavy Warship when he heard his old friend Commander Carl Eooo at the head of the Bon.I.Div1-2 hypered out from Bonarr. It was a pleasure for him to know that they would stand in guard in the up coming conflict five divisions under their command would be a pain in the arse of any enemy admiral. The Kor.III.Div1-2 were on orange alert while the third and fourth were on Heit and the fifth on Maytoa, all on yellow alert. 300t’s fleets would land on Jypsy to cover any Strand League incursion. The Bon.I.Div3-4-5 were waiting for more details from either Eooo or Teh’Rak.

Korellian IV

Commander Util Xzil was under going the revision of his fleets, the Kor.IV.Div2 was his favourite, it allied speed and raw power, the kind only Akrahd could get from atoms. The Kor.IV.Div1-3 were slower but had that fist that passes right through the stomach: an unstoppable one. The fourth and sixth were staying on Vantar on yellow alert ready to jump in. Their were replace by the Der.I.Div3-4-5 from Derchul, highly trained recruits that had a sense of anticipation and analysis not yet developed in other races. Commander Frajyl Mai was holding them next to his side, keeping them from tearing apart the enemy.

Korellian

The Korellian T.R.S.A. was lead by Commander Fri Eag, and counted the most divisions per system ever in the T.R.S.A. Kor.I.Div1-2-3-4 were all under yellow alert and 5-6 were ready to hyper at any moment to drop a wall of energy on any navy not Teh’Rak. Aso.I.Div1-2 were supporting him under Commander Ector Loiseau’s magic hand.

Akrion III

The development of the Space-Dock was starting slowly but surely. Though it would not house any civilians before long, S-D-1 would well serve the Teh’Rak nation. In seven posts, it would be ready to be used as a small military outpost that would support future needs while being constantly supplied by T.R.S.T. convoys. Armed with twenty turreted medium plasma rail guns, thirty anti-matter batteries, ten turreted Hail missile launchers with sufficient ammo (200) and ten other Typhoon turreted missile launchers with the same ammo for a day of continuous fire. Moreover, it could dock a regiment permanently for stellar defence and had enough supplies to repair, refuel and rearm two divisions without necessitating external support. S-D-1’s future location was not yet public, but some high rank officers had in mind to build a S-D-2 too

Talchul

-Gentleman, said the chief of research and development Romeo Dallaire, we have to have better ships for the Great Expansion as requested by all citizens. We have to be swift like never before and hit anyone father than before with more deadly punch. Therefore, we will developed a new version of the Hail missile that will increase our performances. Nedeja Psack and the Parliament Hill has approved the funding and shall the brain storming begin in this room.

Teh'Rak

Wind is blowing in in Teh'Rak Clan's sails

Akrahd Teh’Rak Clan Report
()Construct the S-D-1 military space-dock, 2 posts to design, 10 posts left to build, more information in next post.
(
)Develop the Storm Torpedo, 9 posts left to research and 3 to implement, more information in next post.

Open Question:
Are Plasma & Anti-matter batteries only anti-fighter, or are they also used against missiles and torpedoes or other weapons?
Thanks.

------------------
Mes plus sincčres Salutations ŕ la Vie,
Reine de ce Monde.

(This message has been edited by Ne Demord Jamais (edited 05-27-2002).)

Western Horosk-Rarkyl Border:Deom
In Deom, a massive station sat in the void, orbiting a world which was useless to live on, but luckily excellent for ground troops to train on, and rich in resources. Inside the Western Rarkyl Border Defence Command Station, the Command Center sat, calm, the lights dim and the temperature cool. Then the holoscreen showing the whole Rarkyl Border in detail began to flash a system.
'Sir, Lakai seems to have experienced a Rarkyl incursion in the form of a damaged freighter,' a young ensign reported to Fleet Admiral Takai.
'Warn the Federation to blow the Rarkyl scum up instantly, and message all Horosk border units to keep a lookout. Advise NGC-6745 of our actions incase they've fallen asleep and not noticed the incursion.'
'Messages sent, sir. I will report on the Federations actions when they act.'

--------

Topira'Nan
In Topira'Nan, the Asai were not doing well. The Horosk fighter swarms had simply flown over the Asani fighters, and when they passed, not a fighter was to be seen. The few capital ships among the fighters had not been about either when the swarm had passed. It was indeed going badly for the Asani, and they would not last to fight another day.

--------

Projects
AP Beam Strip Interceptor
Research and refitting
ETA:3 posts

Energy Matrix Computer
ETA:15 posts

Other

Expansion of Tiradsjad defences and deployment of integral minefield. ETA:1 posts

--------

(Edit:Stupid smilies)

------------------

They had completely ignored the traders offerings. These Aliens... they acted like the Shar' Nadda didn't even exist! Grunadulater tightened his fist, making his plams bleed. He would make those Aliens notice the Shar' Nadda. The hard way.

----------

Valenna
Two fleets of 30,000 ships each and one fleet of 20,000 ships zoom out of darkspace into the Valenna system. One fleet of 30,000 stays and the other 30,000 shoots off to Takita. The fleet of 20,000 shoots off to Esurus. The fleet in Valenna started to prey upon all nearby ships. This half of the battle was fought with 5 Latchers to 1 fighter. Even if a Latcher got blasted away, or two got killed, the other three would grab the fighter, draining it of shields, and then rip it apart with their claws. The Latchers would then move on to the next ship. If hyperplasma happened to hit a fighter, it would stick to the shields of the ship, doing very little dammage, but making the ship fly back with the force. Usually, the ship would fly back until it hit another ship, usually an Alien ship. With anything bigger than a fighter, hundreds of Latchers would grab on to it, making its shields go down rapidly. The Latchers would usually burrow into the ship with their claws, leaving the shields almost down, and bombers would take care of the rest. After a few minutes, the Shar' Naddas suprise was gone, but their attack was still at large...

----------

Takita
The fleet that jumped in did what the fleet in Valenna did, except there was a little less surprise.

----------

Esurus
Ditto to Takita fleet, cept less ships.
----------
Adrenaline glands=6 posts
Bokal colonised
Ipatal colonisation=1 post

------------------

Akrion III

The development of the Space-Dock One had started and more technical information had been given to the government. The small station would be a light military dock ready to maintain long range raid and patrols in certain areas. Its advantage would be its rapid construction time that would enable to place at various location divisions as outposts to protect the heart of the Teh’Rak Clan.

Talchul

Now that the research on the Storm torpedo was well underway, some technicians were talking at their desks about it.

-Since it is a long range ordinance, it will be slow, but fast enough to calm down any Azdgari cruiser-class ship

Don’t forget the multiple warheads and various blast dimensions afflicting the enemy. We were speaking of a torpedo speed optimized for six hundred, not enough for an Azdara guys!

-The blast’s speed will surely shock any of them from far away, said another in the room. If only we could get some better explosive it would be our best chef-d’oeuvre since long ago.

Teh’rak Parliament Hill

The second head of the Clan was in charge of governing when as Nedeja Psack was at Outpost Nil’Syria.

-Sir Psack has approved before his departure an opening to other Akrahd Clans in order to restore the Great Empire. His message was to the Thalleon Clan:

Message to Akrahd Thalleon Clan coded,

As you already know, the Akrahd Empire is no more and cannot be restored to its original might without a reunion of all of the Clans. We have few information about our western neighbours, the Strand League. We recall the past fight against them, but no more and would like to share other elements of knowledge between our two proud Clans.

May you answer conveniently as a proud Akrahd,

Nedeja Psack.

Message completed Teh‘Rak

The Parliament accepted it and it was sent expressively to the Thalleon Clan.

The Four Arms

All four possible exit points of the Teh’Rak Clan were sealed against any intrusion with the addition of two more divisions to each arms from the heart’s T.R.S.A.. They would be needed soon.

In addition, scouting patrol fleets were dispatching in external systems as immovable eyes and ears to scan the danger that could sprung on the Clan at any moment. NSI-4200, NSI-1312 and Cheble were under the constant surveillance of a squadron of Lion Spears, a squadron of Defilers and three more squadrons of Teh’Rak fighters. NSI-1313, NSI-0312 and Ollin were partially monitored by other squads of the T.R.S.A., that also came in reinforcement from the heart.

Teh’Rak Report
()Construct the S-D-1 military space-dock, 2 posts to design 10 posts left to build.
(
)Develop the Storm Torpedo, 8 posts left to research and 3 to implement.

------------------
Mes plus sincčres Salutations ŕ la Vie,
Reine de ce Monde.

Thunder radioed the K.A.S. Sprite, and within a minute had a list of Kayan technologies and a breif description, which he handed to RMA. "Here is the list you requested for your review and consideration." (OOC to RMA: I don't think the Kayan government information page is up yet, but I can give you a list of the Kayan technologies on AIM next time I see you.)

---

On New Kayia, Kyala recieved the reply from the Strand League. He immediately contacted the military corps and asked them to provide him with specific numbers and locations for the forces that would be patrolling Strand League space. (OOC to Esponer: I'm sorry, but this is the best I can do at the moment. I don't know how many ships I have, or even how many I produce each post, so I can't say at the moment. As soon as I get this information, I'll be able to give you a better answer)

---

Commander Lasin, head of the Kayan Military Corps, reviewed the latest performance reports from military exercises. He noted that most ships performed reasonably well, but were limited by the strength of turbophase weaponry. He headed down to the Research and Development to see what they could come up with as a possible solution. One of the scientists there told him that he had considered the possiblity of enhancing turbophase weaponry using a tachyonic accelerator, and postulated that this might increase the damage of the turbophase bolts by as much as 30%. Lasin told him to go forward with the project, and assured him that he would have the necessary supplies.

---

Coion Trading Outpost: 4 posts, 2 remaining
Tachyon Enhanced Turbophase: 8 posts, 8 remaining.

------------------

NRPG: At last! I present you with the first post of the glorious Lavrii Union! I'll mail the Lavrii tech to whoever wants it. Whereabouts in the Greater Magellinac Cloud is the gateway to the Milky Way? How can I get to the Lesser Magellinac Cloud?

RPG:

Lavrii Prime at night was a jewel of a planet, glittering with the light of hundreds of small cities and towns, lacing along the coasts like chains of pearls.
From the Arbiter's Citadel atop Mount Avirii, Supreme Arbiter Kai'asi could see nearly all of the main island continent of Teverri.
Turning from the vast panorama of the great windows, Kai'asi took his place at the Supreme Arbiter's dais.
"This Tribunal of Arbiters of the Lavrii Union is declared begun, Supreme Arbiter Kai'asi presiding." he said, banging the Kaivrii* on the floor for silence.
"The Supreme Arbiter recognises the Arbiter of the Greater Economy, the Kaivrii is passed to him." With a clawed hand Kai'asi passed the heavily carved staff to the Arbiter of the Greater Economy, a small individual with bright blue skin.
"Ah the economy of the Union as a whole continues to grow as always, fellow Arbiters, save of course for the distressing bankruptcy of the Garen colony. I pass the Kaivrii to the Arbiter of the Economic Espionage, who has more information upon the Tervi Incorporated affair."
The Arbiter of the Economic Espionage, a shifty individual with a legalistic mind, took the Kaivrii.
"The officials of Tervi Incorporated have taken the bait." he announced with a toothy grin. "By buying out our front company Ivreti Limited, they will have to cede their holdings to the Tribunal of Arbiters within a year. The Arbiter of the Economic Espionage recognises the Arbiter of the Lavrii Stellar Navy, the Kaivrii is passed to him."
"The Lavrii Stellar Navy continues to grow." the old Admiral said. "Yet our technology lags behind that of other races in power, if not in ingenuity. The No. 8 Wire supplied by the Arbiter for the War Economy is a great boon in our repairs of the Second Fleet. However, despite all our ingenuity and cunning, the fact remains that we lag behind in firepower, and the Arbiter of the Lavrii Stellar Navy requests the Proton Scatter Gun technology of the Vaesk Warfleet. The Kaivrii is passed to the Arbiter for the Vaesk Warfleet."
The Arbiter for the Vaesk Warfleet was easily the largest Arbiter in the citadel, and as he stood, all eyes turned to him.
Clutching the Kaivrii like a twig, he spoke.
"Anticipating the request of the Arbiter for the Lavrii Stellar Navy, surveys have been carried out throughout the Vaesk Warfleet, and a majority of eightythree percent support the giving of the Proton Scatter Gun technology to the Lavrii Stellar Navy. However several technicians of the Vaesk Warfleet have proposed that we upgrade the Proton Scatter Gun technology by combining it with Polaron technology. The Kaivrii is passed to the Arbiter for the Sciences."
The Arbiter for the Sciences took the Kaivrii.
"Such a project is feasible, and will be commenced upon recieving the Proton Scatter Gun technology. Having worked with the Waesk Warfleet in the past upon the Concussion Blaster, I propose that Supercompressed Polarons be used. This will increase the recharge time somewhat, but provide a large increase in power. The Kaivrii is passed to the Arbiter for the War Construction."
"Work commences upon the new Warstation in the Dionysos system." the Arbiter for the War Construction said. "When complete it will be the greatest base in southern Union space, and form a staging point for strike parties of the Lavrii Stellar Navy and Vaesk Warfleet. The Kaivrii is passed to the Arbiter for Alien Relations."
"Our scouts slip throughout the Galaxy as do winds in the night. We find that the government known as the Miranu Freedom Alliance is a trading race in the greatest traditions of the Lavrii - they will be a tricky purchase. The Kaivrii is passed to the Supreme Arbiter."
Kai'asi took the Kaivrii again.
"If no further Arbiters of the Lavrii Union wish to speak, then the Tribunal is adjourned. All Arbiters are asked to submit any and all pertinent information to the Tribunal Databases. Thankyou, that will be all."
That done, Kai'asi stood in the darkened Citadel, and watched the lights of Lavrii cities flicker along the coasts.

Lavrii Supercompressed Polaron Scatter Gun
Fires lots of balls of supercompressed Polaron energy everywhere. Good
melee weapon. Inaccurate, but fairly powerful. Average range. The use of Supercompressed Polarons has increased the recharge time somewhat, but not to the levels of the Concussion Blaster, and it has a much lesser impact than the Concussion Blaster.
Armour Damage: 55
Shield Damage: 55

**Polaron Scatter Gun(/i) - 8/8 posts

------------------
(url="http://"http://www.geocities.com/shades_shipyard")Shade's Shipyard(/url),(b)the** source for your ship needs.

OOC: Grunadulater - I hadn't posted because I hadn't had the time. Apologies. Time to crush you... And another point - I'm spending 3 posts on a minor outpost, and your making an entire colony in 1 post. One of us needs to edit our figures, so keep the idea in your mind until we can confer with Carnotaur.

Thunder; 600,000 ships, 6000-7000 ships per post.

Shade; there are portals to the Milky Way in Galactica, Rigel and Deneba, I believe. The only way to SMC is through Persephone -- my capital. Also, Shade, new weapons cannot take less than 10 posts, by a rule. 5-10 research projects are only basic upgrades of existing technologies.

Valenna
As the Shar' Nadda attempted to move to Esurus and Takita, they quickly learnt a major lesson. Avoiding defences is the most stupid thing anybody could ever do, and the Strand League were on high alert for the Shar' Nadda - as had been stated numerous times by the prime minister. All ships that entered Valenna, including the ones with minerals, were simply obliterated instantly Their fleet in Valenna, totalling 50,000 ships, opened fire as the Shar' Nadda attempted to move onto the nearby, and a huge number of Latchers and such exploded under the concentrated, prepared firepower. The 30,000 and 20,000 ships were halved as they made their way to Esurus and Takita, butchered by railguns and overwhelming firepower.

The Shar' Nadda attempted to move five Latchers onto each Zirada, but every Zirada was protected by overlapping fire from Ziras and Zidaras, and the Shar' Nadda barely had enough Latchers to cover every Zirada. ZSN didn't prove to be very effective, although the Shar' Nadda's weapons were pitifully effective against the Strand League's shielding - the energy dampener proved to be particularly useful.

It was IGNA that shone out. The railgun could easily target even the extremely fast Latchers, and it cut through their ranks before they could even come close. ZSN mingled, causing considerable damage to them, mostly with the kyhdron weaponry, before 12,500 ZSN ships moved off to Esurus. Massively outmatched - 24,000 to 37,500 superior opponents, the Shar' Nadda were quickly being annihilated. The Strand League refrained from sending any hails to them, and blocked all frequencies. All worlds were placed on high alert.

The battle in Valenna, however, was laughably easy.

Takita
In Takita, the battle was more difficult. Only 8,000 Strand League ships were in the system to defend, and although the Shar' Nadda were technologically inferior, they outnumbered the defenders almost four to one. The Strand League quickly formed a delaying movement, with an IGNA reef supported by ZSN killers. As the Shar' Nadda came into close range, Scorpion discs were deployed quickly, many missing their target, but some few hitting and proving quite effective.

As duelbeams, kyhdron weaponry and railguns were impossible for the Shar' Nadda to evade, and the Shar' Nadda force was mostly comprised of non-militant Latchers, the Strand League force was holding well, and in the next few hours, 30,000 ships would arrive from Sirrien, Parros and the core Ring worlds.

Esurus
The battle in Esurus was somewhat more Strand League sided than in Takita, and as such the Strand League had gone on the offensive from the first moment. Aided by DL silos and gun ports around hyper-exits, they made a daring assualt on the Shar' Nadda forces. Claws were 0 range weapons, and the Shar' Nadda rarely got close enough to use them, as the lighter vessels were all supported by railgun fire from Igazradas. The Shar' Nadda's other weapons were absolutely pathetic against shielded vessels, whereas duelbeam was devastating against the very weak Latchers.

Ollin
A patrol fleet of 2,500 Strand League vessels came across the Teh'Rak patrol fleet in Ollin. Strand League patrols were common all over this area, centred from Arkadi. Rather than engaging in combat, they sent a hail.

"I am Captain Thevanok of the patrol fleet Mercurion. I have no desire to engage you in combat, yet other similar fleets may do so. I will report your presence back to my superiors, and I'm sure you will also - but I don't see any reason for open fighting."

Despite this message, the fleet prepared for the worst. Thevanok was an Igadzran, however, and Lariat himself had informed them not to take losses if possible.

Strand League
Update

Izirion Light Fighter: 9/16 posts
Scorpion Disc: 5/12

Cygna Cluster Outposts: 2/3 posts

------------------
-Lyat Esponer Corsair

NRPG: But it is an upgrade to an existing technology; the existing technology is called the Proton Scatter Gun, and it is being upgraded to use Supercompressed Polarons from the Concussion Blaster. So there!

------------------
(url="http://"http://www.geocities.com/shades_shipyard")Shade's Shipyard(/url), the source for your ship needs.