An EVO Story: The Dark Tide

Ok Carno, no problem. Here's a list of what govts individuals control:

Samurai - UE Military Commander
Titan - UE Research and Alien Relations
REDchigh - Voinian Emperor
U.S.S. Bristol - In charge of Voinian spying on Humans and Miranu
Kiwi_a2 - Azdgari Emperor
Entropy - South Tip Renegades, Human Renegades (Entropy I'm not totally sure what you control so could you clarify it please?)
Alien 5672 - Miranu Elder
Tycho - Zachit Commander
Daedalus - Fighter Pilot for the UE ( I think he left but I'm not sure )
Asc - Former Azdgari, now a Renegade Mercenary

CONTINUATION: A UE officer comes up to Samurai. "Sir. We've recieved reports from our spies that the renegades are developing some sort of biological weapon. The main base of operations is believed to be on Nasault."
"Biological weapon? Like what?"
"Reports are sketchy, Sir, but it appears to be some sort of plague spore that can be fired onto a planet from orbit."
"See if you can dredge up anymore information. A detailed analysis of the plague spore early on could save thousands of lives. Good work, officer."
"Thank you sir."

A UE Strike force is being organized for an attack on Nasault. It should be ready in a day or two.

------------------
Macintosh for productivity, Linux for development, Palm for mobility, and Windows for Solitaire.

Encrypted message to Entropy

< I will buy 2 Zachit identifications, send them
to Voinia >

------------------

After REDchigh says that he will provide Carnotaur with a Voinian cruiser and two frigates (I'm going to have to assume this since Red hasn't posted about it so far), and also says that he will give Carnotaur some supplies and just a few credits, Carnotaur gets into his Igadzra and heads for F-25.

On F-25, the base is now a major one, with more resistence workers settling on F-25 every day. In all, F-25's population was now 300,000, and slowly growing.

Captain Scorcher had also finished most of the technology on the new Corocian Cruiser. The only thing left was its armor regeneration technology that was still being worked on. Another problem was materials; in order to build these vessels that were the size of six Igazras, the Corocians would need materials.

Carnotaur then came up with a plan. He would attack Igadzra convoys with a fleet of captured Igazras, boarding the convoy and grabbing their cargo before Igadzra reinforcements arrived.

Within a week, Carnotaur had sent out three fleets to loot as much materials and supplies as possible before the Igadzra got them. With this new supply, Carnotaur was now hoping to be able to finish one of these vessels within the month (Carnotaur has a lot of Azdgari engineeers that are very good at making ships VERY fast).

------------------
To Escape Velocity: Nova and Beyond!
--------------
Millennium. Its coming, prepare for it.
Coming to the (url="http://"http://www.ambrosiaSW.com/games/ev/chronicles.html")EV Chronicles(/url).

The independant merchant landed on Emalgha just as he did every other week. He quickly located his friend who was in the resisantce against the Vionians. When in a secure location he found Tycho's heavily encrypted com frequency.

"Ah hello, im glad our friend here found someone to talk to" said Tycho to the rebel.

"I will be blunt" he responded "What do you need of us and what will you give to us?"

"All we need is a single Emalgha cannon"

"Hmmm, they are rare now, but i beleive i can obtain one"

"Good. Our freind here has all the stuff any good rebellion needs. Weapons, ammunition, medical suplies, equipment, electonics gear and explosives. They are all yours if you load a single cannon on to our freinds ship."

"Deal"

"Oh, and i hope you make good use of those suplies, especially the explosives..."

The independant ship dropped off its cargo deep in Miranu space after being payed a healthy sum of credits.

I am aborting reaserch on the blaze cannon and commencing reaserch on the Emalgha cannon. Because of its simple nature, it will only cost .3M credits

------------------
Don't knock on the gates of hell, ring the doorbell, it drives them crazy.

Just remember Tycho, that the Emalgha will be going up against Voinian crusiers and frigates that have been modified with Igadzra technology (SAEs, Igadzra Beams, Dispersal Rockets, 400 shields at the minimum for their warships because of the Igadzras excellent shield technology).

------------------
--------------
Coming to the (url="http://"http://www.ambrosiaSW.com/games/ev/chronicles.html")EV Chronicles(/url).

carnotour, you are welcome to move your base of operations to borb station...

I hereby revoke my post of my attack on freeport.

REDchigh ups USS bristols' rank to 2nd in command for the entire Voinian order.
I set my computer to forward all messages to USS bristol, because i won't be able to be online as often as i need to rule such a large territory. Oh, and the dreadnoughts were already made, and now i only have one left, and its orbiting voinia.

The space mines are finished. They are 100 points weaker on shields and armor, but the blast doesn't hurt voinian ships.
The neutron beam is complete, the max is six, and it does half as much damage to shields and twice as much damage to armor as the phased beam.

REDchigh packs a frigate full of nukes, gets a fleet of 8 cruisers and 12 frigates, and i put my personal cloak on the frigate full of nukes.

The fleet arrives in orbit around new taronto, and the voinian ships engage UE forces. The Frigate (which is still cloaked) goes above the planet, delivers its load diractly onto the surface, and takes off. A few minutes later the entire moon explodes, and the Voinian force retreat.

Voinian losses:
one cruiser
twelve H fighters
two frigates

UE losses:
Three destroyers
eight UE fighters
one UE carrier
UE's Main shipyard.

The survivors of the fleet regruop at ylynn outpost, are joined by 5 frigates, 1 cruiser,
and a Heavy fighter full of nukes, and the fleet warps into orbit around new atlantic, and easily destroys the minimal defense. all of the large ships start attacking the station, and the H. Fighter does a Kamikaze dive into the planet. The atmophere resistance burns up the ship, and the ship explodes, detonating the warhead, igniting the whole planet. The planet burns like a small star for a few hours, and it eventually burns out, with just a cloud of debree where an entire gas planet was. The fleet is then distributed around the UE/Voinian border.

Voinian losses:
3 frigates
one cruiser
fifteen h. fighterrs

UE losses:
six UE fighters
two destroyers
Main (and only) source of spaceship fuel
a refueling station and outfit center

Message to USS bristol
You will be the main one controlling the Voinian order. keep us out of debt, and don't do anything i wouldn't do. I am still commander. Remember that. I just got caught hacking AOL so im disconnected for a couple months. I'm still gonna post at libraries and at school though...
Continue my research too. the seeds of disaster are planet in UE. Don't worry about offensives, just keep up the usual. attacking fleets, and thats about it. Increase the fleet size as much as we can afford. I'll check back ASAP

REDCHIGH
over and out

------------------
The difference in
insantiy and ingenious is
measured just by success.

Redchigh, I will set up a small base on Borb Station to coordinate my actions in and near your territory.

Also, which systems have been taken over by who? If someone can tell me, then I can create a new map for this story.

------------------
--------------

Samurai-
I now control NT, ST, and human renegades- i.e. all renegades.
The Zacha IDs are send to the Voinians. +1.5 million to the rengade coffers.
Renegade message intercept bases have picked up your plans for attack- you forgot to encode them. We're beefing up suppourt on Nassault, we warn you, and the fleet includes four of the new Phased Beam crescent warships and Dragon warships.
Because we are building biological weapons does not mean that we intend to use them on you.

Rengade funds- 31.35+ 1.5= 32.85 , growing by + .85.

------------------
I ask you to look both ways- for the road to the atom leads through the stars, and the road to the stars leads through the atom.

Titan sends a cloaked ship to Emalgha to try and get an Emalgha cannon.

Redchig How did you get to New taronto? To get there you'd have to fight your way through the UE border systems.

------------------
"One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all into the darkness and bind them, in the land of mordor where the shadows lie."
Check out the upcomming Lord of the Rings Movies at (url="http://"http://www.lordoftherings.net/home.html")http://www.lordofthe...s.net/home.html(/url)

I hereby revoke my post of my attack on freeport.
----------------------

Oh good, I'm alive again.

Anyway, I accept your invitation to work for the Voinians.

I also buy an escape pod for 5K credits.
---------------------------
Credits: 499K (I think)
Status: At freeport, alive agin, and working for -REDCHIGH-

ASC, a Zidara never beats a Azzy or an Iggie straight on, of course not.. BUT, a Zidara >costs 1/4 that of an enemy warship! The Zidagar are pack animals if you get down to it! >They reley on numbers!!

Outside of missions, I've never seen more than two in a system. I admit that you're right on this point, though.

As for the Miranu not having nukes, true! THEY DON'T NEED THEM. The Zacha force is the >smallest fighting force in the crescant. However, it is also the most effeicent and >reliable force ever seen.

Ok, Lets assume that the Zacha aradas are worth 2M credits. That means 5 of them for every Azzy warship. I'll go screw around with ResEdit for a while, and find out what happens.

If they got as big as the Voinian force, the Ziddies would jump for joy, and the Azzies >and Iggies could kiss their butts goodbye!

That's true, no question. But do you really think that they have the potential to grow like that if there's an attack? I know the Miranu have a big budget and all, but the invaders could control all the core worlds(where the central banks and such would probabaly be kept) before the news got the the Zacha, assuming that they don't communicate faster than ships can travel. Then the Zacha would be left with a slim budget, renegades on two sides, an enemy strand below, and just a few lightly inhabited planets/station. If they allied with the Ziggies, though, the resulting ships (and budget)would probabaly even the balance. It's also possible that the renegades would help them out, or at least back off for a while.

The attackers would be overstreched (assume it's the Izzies) and the Azzies would probabaly capture a few of their fringe planets/outposts, so there'd be the same problem: three equal strands. Oh, and all this is assuming that the Strand missions from the game haven't been played.

Originally posted by Asc:

That's true, no question. But do you really think that they have the potential to grow like that if there's an attack? I know the Miranu have a big budget and all, but the invaders could control all the core worlds(where the central banks and such would probabaly be kept) before the news got the the Zacha, assuming that they don't communicate faster than ships can travel. Then the Zacha would be left with a slim budget, renegades on two sides, an enemy strand below, and just a few lightly inhabited planets/station. If they allied with the Ziggies, though, the resulting ships (and budget)would probabaly even the balance. It's also possible that the renegades would help them out, or at least back off for a while.

The attackers would be overstreched (assume it's the Izzies) and the Azzies would probabaly capture a few of their fringe planets/outposts, so there'd be the same problem: three equal strands. Oh, and all this is assuming that the Strand missions from the game haven't been played.**

It's unlikely that the invaders would ever reach the core worlds before the Zachit reacted.. Speed and detection are a few of the Zacha's prime aspects.

-----------(Away with these none game messages!!!)-------------

Pikera watched as the Voinians performed unspeakable acts..

"Advance our missle defenses! Find a way to disable warheads and detect cloaks!"

"The Zacha already have a way to get past cloaks sir!"

"Oh? Truely? Then our money is well spent!"

------------------
Hi! I'm Alien the Hinwar and I'm a stuiped jerk!
I'm big, mad, strong, and Hinwar! I yell 'LONG LIVE THE UE!', but I smash vikimadegie lovers every chance I get!
Cause I'm Alien the Hinwar and I'm a stuiped jerk!
I'm always making the mods mad doing something or another, but I'll never learn! I'll never turn! Look at my karma!

"We've recieved a message from the Renegades telling us that they've picked up our plans for the attack. They say they aren't neccasarily going to use the biological weaponry on us."
"Hmmm, if they know we're coming, the attack probably will not be successful. Redistribute the strike force."
"Yes sir."

A fleet of UE Decimators and Cruisers warp into the Vorik system, destroy the immediate Vonian resistance, and fire a large salvo of Chem missles onto the Ylynn Outpost. The moon is transformed into a wasteland which cannot support life of any kind for 50 years. The fleet than heads for the Obron system and attacks it. Once the Voinian resistance has been overwhelmed, the Cruisers and Decimators concentrate their fire on the Obron outpost. Soon the Station's shields are breached and it is totally destroyed. The fleet, seeing Voinian reinforments arriving, takes out a few more frigates and Cruisers, and then heads back to UE space.

Voinian losses:
10 Frigates, 3 Cruisers, 14 Heavy Fighters, 6 Interceptors, Two vital frontier ouposts.

UE losses:
Ships

Luckily, most of the top personnel were evacuated from New Taranto before the Voinian attack. A new Shipyard is being set up on New Riga, which is currently well protected.

------------------
Macintosh for productivity, Linux for development, Palm for mobility, and Windows for Solitaire.

Then, suddenly, as the UE fleet enters the Eltor system, a fleet of twenty-two Voinian cruisers blocks their paths. As the UE ships move forward for the kill, the Voinians suddenly launch crescent fighters as well as Voinian fighters! Coming closer, the Voinians fire SAEs, Pursuit Missiles, Igadzra Beams, and even Plasma Siphons. They were all gifts of technology from Carnotaur. By this time the Igadzra had installed the technology on their ships.

Then, the UE got another surprise; the Voinian Cruisers now had 400 (shipyard scale) shields! This was another gift from the Igadzra; Igadzra Shield Emitters. Another thing that the Voinian ships got was maneuverability, which made them faster, and more able to outmaneuver the UE ships.

After hours and hours of fighting, the Voinians had only lost six Cruisers (and of course lots of heavy fighters which were also armed with phase beams), but the UE had only a Cruiser and two decimators left. The Voinian fleet had simply swarmed and outnumbered them.

But then, luckily, the UE fleet was just able to escape ultimate destruction. Then, the Voinian fleet split up to go to the Vorik and Obron systems, where the Voinians were already building new stations....

------------------
--------------

USS Bristol launches a fleet of 2 Voinian Cruisers and 5 Frigates
to destroy Outpost Alpha. After a lot of fighting and great losses
on both sides the Voinians manages to destroy Outpost Alpha.

Losses: Voinian UE
1 cruiser 3 destroyers
3 frigates 2 carriers
18 Heavy Fighters fighters
6 Crescent Fighters crews
1484 Voinians An Outpost

USS Bristol then invests 1,5m credits for better station defences.
He withdraws the remaning ships from the Battle Of Bakka to the Voinian border.
He also orders the Voinian Slavemasters in the mines of Krotun to press the slaves harder.

------------------

???You said the stuff was gifts from yourself and you pposted under Captain Carnotaurs name and used that many voinian cruisers. I thought you were on your way to F-25???

<message to Samarai>

That was a bad diplomatic move Samarai. We are giving you an ultimatum, reimberse the Voinians or you will suffer open war with the azdgari, and it will not be pleasant.

<end of message>

------------------
--The Eye is Upon you--
If you look long enough the Sun isn't that bright.

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly, Kiwi, but no one has used my user name but me, Captain Carnotaur. I just posted to help defend the Voinians. In an earlier post, I said I would give the Voinians all the Igadzra technology that the Corocians (me) had. Those Voinian cruisers were just there, had no relation to me, and just had a bunch of new technology.

-------------------

Several weeks later, the Corocians finally have enough supplies and materials to build; the Corocian Supercruiser.

Here are the specs (shipyard scale):

Name: Corocian Supercruiser
Government: Corocian Rebels
Speed: Slightly faster than Igazra
Looks like: Massive Igazra-looking vessel that is six times the size of a normal Igazra. However, it is colored green instead of red, and blue instead of yellow. It also looks very evil and horrifying, especially with its big gun turrets.

Shields: 2,800
Armor: 1,600
Shield Recharge: 100
Free Space: 200
Free Cargo: 300
Weapons:
1-Twenty Photon Turrets
2-Twelve SAE Launchers - 800 SAEs
3-Enhanced Igadzra Arada Bay - 8 Enhanced Igadzra Aradas*
4-1 Photon Beam

Name: Enhanced Igadzra Arada
Shields: 70
Armor: 20
Speed: Slightly faster than normal Arada
Weapons:
1-Four Photon Cannons
2-Two Rear Photon Cannons
3-1 SAE Launcher - 10 SAEs

New Weapons:
1-Photon Turret/Swivel Cannon/Rear Swivel Cannon: Photon weapons are essentially the same as normal phase weapons, except they do 15 damage to armor and shields. They also have twice the range of normal phase weapons.

2-Photon Beam Turret: The Photon Beam is really just an Igadzra been that fires photons. It has better range than a normal Igadzra beam, as well as doing much more damage to a target (12 damage to shields, 6 damage to armor).

Right now the first Corocian Supercruiser is being constructed. It will take a while though, these supercruisers are massive, and the Corocians won't be able to build another for some time. Right now, the first Supercruiser will be made from six captured Igazras, and thus it will take shorter than it usually would.

------------------
--------------

(This message has been edited by Captain Carnotaur (edited 02-10-2001).)

This is getting sort of un-realistic guys...
Destroying a huge moon with nukes?? You would need A LOT OF NUKES.
Also vionian ships seem to be able to just invent or aquire technology and outfit it on all its ships pretty quickly. Putting 400 power shield generators on every frigate would be incredibly expensive, you would need to power the shields remember.

"Look at this sir" Tycho's 2nd in command said

"This is just a Zacha ID"

"Actually, its a forged Zacha ID"

"Ugg, not again" he moaned "Every couple of years some renagade group makes these, then we shut them down, and they do it agian!"

"I've already put the plan into effect sir. All recently created ID's will be checked, ill ask around the circles to see if there are strangers, and im changing the software on the ID's."

"Good work, of course they'll just come out with another one in a year or two"

This renders any fake Zacha ID's useless.

------------------
Don't knock on the gates of hell, ring the doorbell, it drives them crazy.

Those Voinian ships are practically the ONLY Voinian ships in their Empire that have all that new technology. Besides, Carnotaur actually gave them a lot of that stuff (all of which he stole from the Igadzra).

And yes, nukes cannot destroy moons. You would need something like a 50 gigaton nuke to do THAT, and I don't even think making a nuke of that size is even possible.

------------------
--------------

I think shields would deflect nukes quite easily...

And Carno, is that Corocian supercruiser being built on F-25??

------------------
Hi! I'm Alien the Hinwar and I'm a stuiped jerk!
I'm big, mad, strong, and Hinwar! I yell 'LONG LIVE THE UE!', but I smash vikimadegie lovers every chance I get!
Cause I'm Alien the Hinwar and I'm a stuiped jerk!
I'm always making the mods mad doing something or another, but I'll never learn! I'll never turn! Look at my karma!