Ever wondered how far can one go without running?

I only recently bought Ferazel's Wand, I think it was a few months ago (thank God for Jaguar's great Classic support). I didn't get time to advance much until this month of August where I could play almost all I wanted. I finished the game, but more interestingly I found out that in fact you can go very far without even running: the only thing blocking you are the huge gaps in Flash Freeze (admittedly, I did not find any secret level bar Purple Haze). Even Out of the frying pan does not require you to run. How am I sure of that? Well, pretty simply because I did not know about running at all, until I was blocked at Flash Freeze and checked the keyboard setting to check if there wasn't a key to run... That's true. And I'm not the kind of guy who doesn't like to run: in Mario games I only ever lift my finger off the B button to press it back at once in order to fire a fireball. Now, it's more easy to miss a key on a computer game, since you have the whole keyboard to play with, but still there could have been a place sooner in the game where you have to run in order to reach a platform, else you end up on the ground below, maybe with a sign just before telling that you have to run. Oh , well, I don't compain, it's pretty minor, but interesting nonetheless.

I recall that I didn't run until the part in Flash Freeze, either (or at least I'm pretty sure I didn't), but now I just run all the time. My finger never leaves shift. 🙂

I went through the whole game without using run and recently learned how.I even figured out how to beat flash freeze without run.Mind you it was a hassle.

demigon, on Oct 3 2005, 06:44 AM, said:

I went through the whole game without using run and recently learned how.I even figured out how to beat flash freeze without run.Mind you it was a hassle.
View Post

Well that's better than I did... <_<

This post has been edited by MDWGMalc : 26 September 2007 - 05:44 AM