Can't bribe planets

Option not even there...

I've been playing the Rebel missions for quite a while now, so I am a Felon or lower in all Confed systems. When I try to land on their planets (which are red in my radar map), they quite naturally won't let me. Before now, I have always been able to hail them and offer them a bribe, sometime they'll take it sometimes they won't. But now there is no "Offer Bribe" option, there is the "Greetings" option instead. There is no red "Hostile" in their status window, either.

My best guess as to why is because I am using the IFF Scrambler (I am using rEVx). I knew that this would make ships not hostile to me (unless I am scanned), but I didn't think it would have any effect on planets.

If this is the reason, it seems like a bug to me. Either it should let you bribe the planets, or let you land without bribing...not letting you land OR bribe doesn't seem good for gameplay.

Is my guess correct? If so, is this a bug, or an intentional thing that won't be changed?

Thanks.

IFF Scramblers (both in EVC and EVN) cause the bribe option to be gone when landing at a planet. It is a feature of the Nova engine and can't be changed.

@nil-kimas, on Dec 13 2006, 04:43 PM, said in Can't bribe planets:

IFF Scramblers (both in EVC and EVN) cause the bribe option to be gone when landing at a planet. It is a feature of the Nova engine and can't be changed.

Can't be changed? I figured it was because of the engine, so it couldn't be changed in a plug-in. I was thinking, though, that in an official update it could be changed, if it was an accident that you couldn't bribe.

Does anyone know whether it is intentional or a bug? You didn't answer that part, Nil'kimas.

Thanks.

Why not just remove the IFF Scrambler? If you don't want ships to be hostile to you, buy a Fake ID from Pirate's Haven. Personally, I find it more challenging to do missions when the opposition's ships attack.

Just my 3ห˜. ๐Ÿ™‚

@callide, on Dec 14 2006, 02:07 AM, said in Can't bribe planets:

Why not just remove the IFF Scrambler? If you don't want ships to be hostile to you, buy a Fake ID from Pirate's Haven. Personally, I find it more challenging to do missions when the opposition's ships attack.

Just my 3ห˜. ๐Ÿ™‚

Because I'm flying a Rebel Corvette, with an inherent Rebel gรถvt, so without the scrambler, Confeds will always attack me, whether or not I'm liked in their systems.

I have had to deal with this in Nova sometimes. Funny thing there even changing ships the IFF scrambler (auroran thread only) seams to sometimes follow to your new ship even though it will not be listed on your ship or available to be sold at Sirrusa. I cope by using missions (both Nova and original) to get onto the deny planets although that can be frustrating as you bob around doing missions until you get the right one.

Yeah, it's an engine bug. It ought to let you land without bribing but to work around it you can demand tribute which will turn them hostile and enable the bribe button.