What's the fastest way to get credits?

I bought an old powerPC at a garage sale for 5 bucks and it had this game escape velocity on it. It's pretty fun, but I'm having a hard time getting anywhere. I've explored around the systems a little bit. I got in the middle of some Cydonian Lethean fights. In fact, that is where I am now. I read about their war a little bit, but that didn't really help me much in the game. Anyone have any credit tips?

Wow, only five dollars, good deal. Well, the quickest way to earn credits in the beginning of the game just happens to involve a system you are near right now, Lethe. But I'll hold off on explaining that, I wanna wee what others have to say..

Well, if you are already into combat, try raiding Pirates. Disable them, board them, and steal their credits. Corvettes and Kestrels usually have the most.

@guest_wicktownev_-, on Dec 13 2006, 01:15 PM, said in What's the fastest way to get credits?:

Wow, only five dollars, good deal. Well, the quickest way to earn credits in the beginning of the game just happens to involve a system you are near right now, Lethe. But I'll hold off on explaining that, I wanna wee what others have to say..

I agree that $5 is a GREAT price.

I know of no Lethe trick to gaining credits, please do tell. (Or PM me if you don't want to post it yet, please)

Welcome to the boards, Cydonian Leader. Nice find with the PPC! I still play EV on my 7600. 🙂

I agree with Xizzix, raiding and looting gets lots of money. Plus, it boosts your pilot rating, as well as your standing with nearby systems.

You could always hire a bunch of Argosy's and do some trading. Doesn't take long to make money that way. Though, the pirates will pester you. Alot.

You could join the UGE. Their missions are 75,000 credits each. I think that string starts on one of the pirate planets. And you need lots of fuel for the initial mission because some guy asks for help to take him quite a few jumps away.

Pirates have illegal missions for around 50,000 each, but you'll soon make other people mad doing those runs.

Sorry folks, but our comrade here, WickTownEV has created a second account, Cydonian Leader, so his question isn't really valid. I'm sure he's sorry for deceiving you fine folks, and he will never do it again. Have a good day.

Cham