Cap'n Hector-Behind the anomaly

Background, Present, And future of this enigmatic Captain.

Any theories, facts, suitable anecdotes? How do you feel about him? How does he feel about you? Rather than conjuring up new things to say about the guy, I'll leave you the following previous quote of mine. Reading it isn't necessary, but perhaps entertaining. The most important thing is your responses to the topic. "...he's been an annoying little BLEEEEP
But his futile attempts to kill me are so remarkably insignificant that they not only fail to serve as a motive for paying the registration after 10 years of numbing myself to his ego which is evident in his staunch refusal to respond to my hails and his unoriginal slew of insults and antagonizing namecalling (which after many years of taking them personally I've managed to let them roll right off my back), it becomes a counter-motive to maintain this relationship with this persistent figure of authority and his insatiable desire to follow me that seems to fill some void...
But then again, I think it's gotta be a little more complex than that. I mean, Capn' Hector, when observed at a more flattering angle, is quite a guy. I mean, of all your enemies, even the persistent bounty hunter, there's no comparison to this guy. The bounty hunter is a handsomely paid asassin who eventually gives up. And I'll bet the system who hired him doesn't even get their deposit back. No he laughs and sets his route to the Lethe system for one of their special lobster dinners and perhaps a synthale. But does Hector give up? Abolutely not. All he can afford is a Rapier and a few outfits, and he most likely buys his food in bulk by the ton in the cheapest system he can find(probably some crappy vacuum sealed, tasteless junk. He's also either ubiquitous or incredibly fast (how does he do that!?(fly in from the opposite system from which you came where he was previously heckling you)).
I guess now I realize that even though I can influence other characters' status with myself in various ways, there's only one way to turn Cap'n Hector around from a hostile aquaintance to a viable asset(and friend), and that is to simply pay the measly 20 dollars, and perhaps leave a tip. So now I dare some pirate or bounty hunter to attack me, for now they will have my invincible friend Cap'n Hector to deal with.
Finally, I am ready to lay rest to this hateful relationship we have. I guess you could say we had our thing..Yea, I'll miss our constant struggles, his hurtful words, and my cheapskatedness self. But now, It is time for me to take my first step into a larger world..."
Now, what's YOUR take on the guy?

She's an evil bird that wants money, enough said. 😛

I love how he shows up in the middle of the alien cruiser fight and tries to kill me while I'm under attack by the alien.

Cap'n Hector is a female space parrot, not a "guy".

She is a parrot. You say "he" can't afford much, but I'm sure she makes a bunch of cash from the registration fees and the EVO plunderings.

@guest_wicktownev_-, on Dec 3 2006, 02:08 AM, said in Cap'n Hector-Behind the anomaly:

there's only one way to turn Cap'n Hector around from a hostile aquaintance to a viable asset(and friend), and that is to simply pay the measly 20 dollars, and perhaps leave a tip. So now I dare some pirate or bounty hunter to attack me, for now they will have my invincible friend Cap'n Hector to deal with.

I think Hector disappears when you register.

I didn't exactly mean that literally, I guess I meant that he's valuable simply not being your enemy. Also, I don't think Hector is female. Just because they based the character off of a parrot which might be female doesn't make the pilot a female.

The "parrot that might be female" has laid an egg, so she must be female.

@guest_wicktownev_-, on Dec 3 2006, 04:08 AM, said in Cap'n Hector-Behind the anomaly:

Now, what's YOUR take on the guy?

My take is that you play EV too much and you need other hobbies.

@guest_wicktownev_-, on Dec 10 2006, 05:37 AM, said in Cap'n Hector-Behind the anomaly:

Also, I don't think Hector is female. Just because they based the character off of a parrot which might be female doesn't make the pilot a female.

I think I'll agree with you there. Hector was originally thought to be male and so the Shareware Enforcer was also male. The revelation of the real Hector actually being a female shouldn't change anything.

I have noticed that there are more topics on this board as well as some new and old members too.

Sierro: "My take is that you play EV too much and you need other hobbies."

Yea okay Sierro. I haven't played in over a week, and I need other hobbies. That's laughable. I've played a little, on and off, since the game came out. My "other hobbies" include managing a self build multi million dollar company which only demands 10-15 hours of my time a week and a social life that far exceeds your pathetic one. So from now on, maybe you should think before you speak..

@guest_wicktownev_-, on Dec 11 2006, 01:55 PM, said in Cap'n Hector-Behind the anomaly:

Yea okay Sierro. I haven't played in over a week, and I need other hobbies. That's laughable. I've played a little, on and off, since the game came out. My "other hobbies" include managing a self build multi million dollar company which only demands 10-15 hours of my time a week and a social life that far exceeds your pathetic one. So from now on, maybe you should think before you speak..

Don't let Sierra ruffle your feathers. He's just a sourpuss.

@guest_wicktownev_-, on Dec 11 2006, 12:55 PM, said in Cap'n Hector-Behind the anomaly:

Oh! I don't usually get that kind of a rise out of someone! Cute.

@guy, on Dec 9 2006, 10:01 PM, said in Cap'n Hector-Behind the anomaly:

I think I'll agree with you there. Hector was originally thought to be male and so the Shareware Enforcer was also male. The revelation of the real Hector actually being a female shouldn't change anything.

I'm gonna have to disagree here. Mostly for the reasons of pure humor. Think about it, it's pretty funny 😄 (and I don't mean this in a sexist way).

The Hector character is male, but based off of a female parrot.

At least, thats my understanding. As to having fought him off every 5 minutes, it wasn't that bad.

Oh, I get it. Sierro, being a from an Almarian municipality is easily amused. I can accept that.

edit:I'm probably wrong, but that's what came up after I searched for "Sierro"

This post has been edited by WickTownEV : 12 December 2006 - 02:53 AM

Please behave yourselves.

@mrxak, on Dec 12 2006, 01:29 AM, said in Cap'n Hector-Behind the anomaly:

Please behave yourselves.

It's ok, xak. He's right: I am easily amused. And I'm just tickled pink over this whole thing.

@sierro, on Dec 12 2006, 02:31 AM, said in Cap'n Hector-Behind the anomaly:

It's ok, xak. He's right: I am easily amused. And I'm just tickled pink over this whole thing.

You misunderstood what I was referring to. Don't worry about it.