What kind of computer does everyone have?

A 233 mghz G3 all-in-one, with system 8.5 and an overdose of error messages. It can still kick a PC's @$$ anyday though!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If at first you don't succeed, then don't go skydiving.

------------------

I have a 7500/100 with upgraded video and graphic cards and 128meg. Also a 11gig and a dsl so it isn't bad since when my dad gets something else I "inherit" this thing.

------------------
Man I'm pretty-Johnny Bravo
Wimp...um...well...Oh Yeah!...( what really bugs me is knowing I'll probably come up with a much sharper retort later today darn

I have an iMac, Rev C, 266 Mhz, and I LOVE it! It's definitely the coolest (or one of the coolest) Macs around! I have another computer, a Performa 6116 CD.

------------------

I have a (please don't hurt me) 266mhz PC running Ardi's Executor, under which EVO runs fine.

------------------

I have a 350 Mhz G4 with 10gb hard drive and 128 megs of ram 😄

------------------
Life is evil, live with it

Am i the only one here who is stuck with a computer that belongs in the history books? I have a old Performa 6300. At least it still runs EVO and Res-Edit fine.

P.S. I didn't read all the replys, so there may be other people who have a old peice of junk.

------------------

lol, your computer does bite, someday, you may get a newer one, hopefully...

------------------
Life is evil, live with it

I have a 5500/275, which I love dearly. Wouldn't change it for anything, at least not for a few years yet. Thanks Ambrosia for not being seduced into making games that only the very latest computers can run. Why wouldn't I upgrade? Well, USB is okaaay, if you want cheap joysticks and scanners, but for data transfer at a decent rate - for removable drives or CD writers perhaps - USB sucks, sucks, sucks. (And I'd have to buy my peripherals all over again.)

Under OS 8.0, I found that I couldn't use virtual memory. If I did, and the computer crashed, it took out the partition with the system and apps on it. sigh Little by little, adding sprockets and things, my OS got bigger and bigger, until I couldn't play EV:O any more! Or do much else, to be honest, thanks largely to all the crap that comes with Internet Exploiter.

Recently, I slapped another 64mb in, and now I'm back with a vengeance. One of the first things I did with my upgraded Mac was download 1.0.2 and start a new pilot. Very, very cool.

Oh - other Apple computers: a Classic II (!), a Powerbook 5300 and a Newt 2100.
At work they expect me to use a PC, but that's their problem.

------------------
"I wear a helmet
But I've got a bare chest
I do some talking
My phaser does the rest
Don't like your tentacles
Don't like your face
Don't like your planet
Think I'll lay it to waste
'Coz I'm Rambo in Space
Yeah, I'm Rambo in Space"

I have a 66mhz Performa 6116 PPC

aren't you jealous

Oh yeah, I also have a 333mhz imac

your jealousy is so transparent

------------------
"Not an Electric Sausage"- Marvin

"Happiness is a warm gun"-John Lennon

I am a proud member of Dogbert's New Ruling Class

Originally posted by Jack:
I have a 66mhz Performa 6116 PPC

Damn! Thanks a lot, my 8mhz Mac SE is crying in the corner now!
-david-

------------------
Graphics. Games. And more...
(url="http://"http://www.meowx.com")Meowx Design Studios(/url)

Originally posted by Nadekim:
**Just out of curiosity, what kind of Mac does everyone have? I have a 233mhz iMac.

Mike**

I play EVO on my Amiga 3000 with 68060, using the ShapeShifter Mac emulator.

Who needs a Mac? 🙂

I've got a much-abused Performa 6300/100 and (as far as I know) original, Bondi-blue, first-edition iMac.

But I'm typing this on an awesome Power Mac G4/400 in Skidmore College's computer lab. Sadly, the college would frown on any attempts to take it home with me.

------------------
"We shouldn't have pissed off the judge."
- Source inside Microsoft following verdict in the Microsoft antitrust case.

My Dad's computer-IBM 186. Originally manufactured in 1982. I use it to play the original Rogue, and Infocom games. Startup time-11 minutes. I don't know how much RAM, or mhz it is, but it is really slow. Runs DOS -1.0 (just kidding)

C/:hello
Bad Command or File Name

C/:dammit
Bad Command or File Name

C/:die
Invalid Directory
Bad Command or File Name

C/:Invalid directory? You've never said that before!
Bad Command or File Name

C/:Piece of ****
Bad Command or File Name Ass-hole

------------------
"Not an Electric Sausage"- Marvin

"Happiness is a warm gun"-John Lennon

I am a proud member of Dogbert's New Ruling Class

G4 500 MHz with 2.5 GB of RAM, 3 ATI rage pro vid cards and a voodoo3 totaling 80 MB of VRAM with a 44" custom flatscreen monitor and 50 GB harddrive.

I wish :redface:

rev b iMac with 96 MB of RAM, a cable modem and some extra speakers 🙂 everything else is stock (233 MHz G3, ATI Rage Pro card with 6 MB VRAM, ect ect ect) oh yeah, i got OS 9.0.4 too 😉

------------------

I have a 400mhz iMac w/ 192 meg 'o RAM 😄 🆒 :eek:

a Power Mac Preforma 6116 CD W/ 48 meg 'o Ram :mad:

and a Powerbook 5300 CS w/ 24 Meg 'o RAM 🙂

All running EV and EVO 😄 😄

------------------
Crazy Galaxy, Why am I
always caught in the
middle of all the Death,
Destruction, And Boom?
-Vice Admiral Jon