EV3 suggestions (Maybe Too Late)

Another idea related to the radar screen thing, maybe gövts could have little icons? Like an emblem or logo maybe you could use this on the map also, to show systems owned by a particular gövt.

------------------
"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and the world laughs at you."

J. M. Linsner
------------------

(This message has been edited by Bungalow Boy (edited 06-30-2000).)

Or integrate MP3 decoding directly into the game. Now THAT would be cool. Probably ain't gonna happen, but it would be nice.

------------------
"The impossible is easy; it's the unfeasible that poses a problem."

I think something involving the selection of your ship's crew would be interesting as well. Prehaps a guild location on certain planets where you could hire out a crew that would do things around the ship. i.e. engineers would boost recharge ratings, soldiers would cause an increase in ship capture rate. There also need to be missions where special personnel could be picked up.

------------------
"Everything's cool and
froody.

Originally posted by Chrestomanci:
**Or integrate MP3 decoding directly into the game. Now THAT would be cool. Probably ain't gonna happen, but it would be nice.

Hey no problem, right? I mean they already have quicktime movies, and quicktime reads MPEG layer 3 (albeit a bit slowly ). anyway, 😛 (drooling happy face)

S.

------------------------------------------------------
I think something involving the selection of your ship's crew would be interesting as well. Prehaps a guild location on certain planets where you could hire out a crew that would do things around the ship. i.e. engineers would boost recharge ratings, soldiers would cause an increase in ship capture rate. There also need to be missions where special personnel could be picked up.
--Posted by Paranoid Android
------------------------------------------------------
That would be cool, because you could take crew members when you board a ship.

------------------
"All will bow before the Icelandic Emperor."

"Join the Icelandic Coalition -- or be killed!" Someone should understand that.

I agree with the idea of hiring extra crew members. In EVO 1.0.2, wasn't the 'marine' outfit something like that? I haven't really checked into the updates in the new update, but it might already be somewhat implimented. There could also be a crew limit, and a 'crew quarters' upgrade to increase crew capacity. I hope to see this feature in EV3.

-Eytee

I think their should be music. Not the ability to play your own MP3's, but actual music that fits in with the EV style. Maybe some nice classical music that blares into action when you start a fight.

------------------
Oh, I'm sorry. Did that break your concentration?
I didn't mean to do that.
Please, continue.
I believe you were saying something about "best intentions."
-Jules. Pulp Fiction

Message From Chamrin: Fix your sig, it keeps messing up the web board.

(This message has been edited by Chamrin (edited 07-02-2000).)

I wonder if the people that are programming this will ever read it?

😕

I hope so 🙂

------------------

Well, Chamrin the Moderator has read it, so I get the feeling that the programers have also.

-Eytee

(This message has been edited by Eytee (edited 07-02-2000).)

While were at it, I have yet another feature request...

As I think the trading part of EV and O is quite great, I think it would be really cool if I could use my goods to buy weaponery or ships where there were no commody (or what ever its called) exchange. And if there will be different races, I think each of these races should have their own kind of money. Then you might be very rich in human systems, but in eg. the miranu systems, you'd have to make some of their money to buy their ships and weapons. And then you could go to a bank somewhere and exchange your money, like in real life.

And some more player-surface activity! It would be neat to rob a bank like Cap'n Hector did to me a couple o times before I registered...

------------------
"..A bug came through an open Window..."

Originally posted by AdmBlastaway:
As I think the trading part of EV and O is quite great, I think it would be really cool if I could use my goods to buy weaponery or ships where there were no commody (or what ever its called) exchange. And if there will be different races, I think each of these races should have their own kind of money. Then you might be very rich in human systems, but in eg. the miranu systems, you'd have to make some of their money to buy their ships and weapons. And then you could go to a bank somewhere and exchange your money, like in real life.

That would just be a pain, not worth it.

Chamrin

Originally posted by AdmBlastaway:
**While were at it, I have yet another feature request...

And some more player-surface activity! It would be neat to rob a bank like Cap'n Hector did to me a couple o times before I registered...

Different types of money would be more realistic, true, but it would pretty much suck. Why pay for weapons/ships in goods? That's just a round-about way of implimenting a commodity exchange, coming to relatively the same thing.

-Eytee

I don't know if anyone at Ambrosia is reading this thread, but I have one
suggestion I would like to make for EV3:

You should always be able to sell off any outfit, even (especially!) when you
don't have the ability to buy that outfit.

For example: Suppose you are playing EVO and are not aligned with the
Igadzra, and you capture an Igazra warship. What do you do about the SAEs?
You can only get ammo refills by boarding other Igadzra ships, so that's
kind of a pain in the ass. You should be able to sell off the SAE launchers,
which you can't since that outfit never appears at the outfitters.

Personally, I think there would be plenty of people/governments in the
galaxy that would be absolutely delighted to purchase my Igadzra
military technology, thereby freeing up 105 tons of weapon space for me.

I would think the same would go for Azdara Bays, UE Fighter Bays, and to
some lesser extent, the Phased Disruption beams. (Although at least the
phased beams don't require any weirdo ammo, so they're usually not really
dead weight when captured.)

Here's one:

AI ships with the maneuverability to avoid guided projectiles should do so. Watching an Azdara smack directly into a SAD module is just ridiculous.

------------------
"The impossible is easy; it's the unfeasible that poses a problem."

Originally posted by Sloppy:
You should always be able to sell off any outfit, even (especially!) when you
don't have the ability to buy that outfit.

In EV/O right now, the scenario designer can choose which weapons you can sell and where, to a limited ability, what I'd like to see, is not being able to sell weapons everywhere, but being able to dump them in places where you can't sell them, but some weapons/outfits you can't get rid of, probably set by a flag in the resource, such as an outfit that is totally integrated with your ship, a new hull for example, in place of the old one.

Chamrin