1.0.3?

Definitely noticed the beam weapons bug.

Also, sometimes I'll do a UE "destroy the Voinan buildup at Outpost wherever mission" and I'll do that, and then I'll come back, and it looks like the mission bit will be reset, because my map will still be telling me to go to the outpost, and I don't get paid. But I go to the outpost, and nobody to fight. But that's a scenario bug, really.

------------------
"The impossible is easy; it's the unfeasible that poses a problem."

Originally posted by Chrestomanci:
**Definitely noticed the beam weapons bug.

Also, sometimes I'll do a UE "destroy the Voinan buildup at Outpost wherever mission" and I'll do that, and then I'll come back, and it looks like the mission bit will be reset, because my map will still be telling me to go to the outpost, and I don't get paid. But I go to the outpost, and nobody to fight. But that's a scenario bug, really.

Oh, that happened to me too. Only with Zidagra
"destroy azgari raider at kljh234" mission.
I had to abort, retry, abort, retry, abort, retry, abort, retry,
...and then it worked 🙂
Only I'm not perfectly sure if there just wasn't someone who got away.

Originally posted by Fury:
You also forgot to change the versions on override data 1 & 2, they still say 1.0.2b3 by Peter Cartwright. either that, or they are the wrong files.
Also the 1.0.2 full installer on your addon page isnt 1.0.2, its 1.0.1.

I don't believe that's the case:

-rwxrwxr-x 1 andrew webmaster7064960 Jun 7 16:09 EVOverride.bin

As for the "1.0.2b3" designation, you're right, it's something we all missed.

------------------
Andrew Welch / el Presidente / Ambrosia Software, Inc.

The "uncompletable mission" bug has happened to me twice: first when flying from Outpost Alpha to Ylinn to attack a Voinian Warfleet, and second when flying from Blaga to New Taranto on the Miranu trade recruitment mission. I don't know what triggers it.

Certainly not a killer bug, but annoying nonetheless.

What about the one with the Pilots from 1.0.1? I don't mean the fact that you can't open them. I mean the fact that if you try to open one, it clobbers the pilot that is loaded. If someone were to land without thinking about it, all their hard work would be down the tubes.

I haven't noticed any of the other bugs that have been mentioned, but then again, I've been concentrating on the bugs in Final Battle 3.0.0 in EV... :rolleyes:

------------------
Knucklehead, Aeon Productions

=======================

(Insert witty remark here)

(This message has been edited by Knucklehead (edited 06-20-2000).)

I've noticed the following problems in EVO 1.0.2 :-

1. Cargo Transporter - no fuel regeneration.
  2. SADs,SAEs and Needle Missiles don't track properly - even when fired against diabled targets - too much inherent jamming - these weapons don't work properly but just travel in loops/circles etc ( this NEVER happened in EVO 1.0.1. ).
  3. Ghosting of Zidagar beam weapons along the edge of the Radar/Info box - bright yellow flashes down the right hand side of the monitor when the ships firing them are well off the sceen ( they are not always under the box - sometimes they are quite a distance away ).
  4. The Voinians have lost a lot of their strength - they fire very few rockets and the rockets are at times wildly inaccurate. The Voinians are supposed to be a deadly enemy.
  5. The Voinian Dreadnought is a pushover - It used to take a long time to destroy it, but now it is too easy to destroy ( related to point 4 above ).
  6. Ships are able to catch up to you even when they shouldn't be able to, even if they are using afterburners. AI ships seem to have unlimited fuel supply as they are able to stay on their afterburners for long periods.

I would also like to mention that my friends and I still think that EVO is a great game, however we were expecting more. We have played 1.0.2 but don't find it anywhere near as good as 1.0.1. Maybe you should still offer 1.0.1 on your web site until these problems are sorted out.
We also like EV 1.0.5 and can't wait to try the new version.
The plug ins that can enhance or change the game are great and you should be applauded for making them available on your website.
Thanks for your great games!

I agree!
I.0.2 is a downgrade as it's disappointing how many problems there are in the new version.
EVO 1.0.1 and EV 1.0.5 are great!

------------------