What's your favorite weapon?

Hey Ferazel guys,

What is your favorite weapon? And the worse Ferazel weapon? I want a popular topic!

These are my preferences:

1. V-Blade
  2. Boomerang
  3. Ice Spell

And I dislike the:

1. Statue spell

I find it useless.

What about you?

------------------

Originally posted by Aussie:

And I dislike the:

1. Statue spell

I find it useless.

What about you?

I love the statue spell for the armadillo things. It's basically the only way I can kill them without using up a fireseed.

---Zelda

------------------
All I know is that wherever Ben goes, great software follows--Merciless

You have to use statue to kill Armordillars? HA! I kill them with plain old Fireball!

------------------

My favourite weapon by far is the V-blade. Followed by Boomerang and seeds of any type.

Haven't had much use for the statue spell, although I have to honestly say I've never tried it on the armadillos. (I usually leap over them in Storm Valley, then get tons of fireseeds in the Iceconoclasm level, then go back and let 'em have it.)

------------------

Originally posted by Globzilla:
**You have to use statue to kill Armordillars? HA! I kill them with plain old Fireball!

You can do it that way, it just takes too long. I don't have that much patience.

---Zelda

------------------

It's better to kill them with seeds. When you get them with Statue Spell, I guess you need several hits to kill them.

------------------

(QUOTE)Originally posted by Zelda:
(B) You can do it that way, it just takes too long. I don't have that much patience.

neither do I, i give 'em hell when I get my reward for rescuing Dimbo though

-----This is Overrider720 signing off

Hey why didn't the qoute thing work? Let me try again

(This message has been edited by Overrider720 (edited 04-17-2001).)

Originally posted by Zelda:
**You can do it that way, it just takes too long. I don't have that much patience.

Neither do i, I give 'em hell when I get my reward for rescuing Dimbo though

-------This is Overrider720 signing off

OK it worked this time 🙂

I don't like the Fireball spell, but for gravity levels, it's useful. I also love zir. seeds and Smite Rings. They both make a very cool job (not for your eyes though... remember the level The Dig!!)

------------------

I was just thinking of starting a similar topic. My Favorite weapons are:

1.) Boomerang
2.) Fireball
3.) Ice Pick
4.) V-Blade

My least favorite is Statue, for some reason I never use it. Ice pick or boom is how I kill Armidillos. If there was an easier way to switch weapons, I would use a wider variety of spells.

The Tree Trunk spell is useful too, but not a weapon - just a spell.

------------------

Originally posted by MonsterLady:
**The Tree Trunk spell is useful too, but not a weapon - just a spell.

Ohhh..good point. The Tree Trunk spell can help you out in a variety of places...you just don't always THINK to use it. That Tree Trunk spell rocks!

---Zelda

------------------

The tree trunk isn't really a weapon... You need it for several levels, and you can't do without it. However, this weapon's blow is more powerful than the Fireball.

------------------

My best weapon is the Boomerang, I use it practically all the time. Here's my ranks:

1. Boomerang
  2. V Blade
  3. Ice Wall

I hardly use the statue spell, but on a boss it does big dammage, 'cause they don't freeze.

------------------

Here's mine:

1. V Blade
  2. Seeds
  3. Boomerang

The ice spell does hecka damage, though. I use it on Xicara at the end: it seems to kill her the fastest.

Statue doesn't seem to have much of a purpose. You COULD use it on the goblin chief, but it's sooooo much easier to get 4 fire seeds and blow that bad boy to pixels.

V Blade is great for checking for secrets above and below.

Seeds are fun for smashing armadillos and Goblins with shields (not necessary, but fun)

Boomerang is cool, especially in Hangnabit when fighting the flying things.

Fireball is easy, but too boring.

Tree trunk is great for pulling stunts that the game programers didn't count on. 😄

I think that the spell that Ferazel could really use would be some sort of lightning spell. Also, more melee weapons (staff, darts, etc) would be really cool, IMHO.

------------------
EV Haiku- by Matt Burch
Turrets spit blue flame
I laugh as a patrol ship
Turns into space dust

Boomerang + V-Blades are tied for first. I spent over half the game with boomerang selected. If not for V-Blades though, I'd never have killed Xichra. Ice spell is nice, but it uses too much energy. I use statue on armidillos and shield goblins. Treetrunk is really fun in the Manditraki Wizard level. The dagger is practicaly useless.

I really wish there was a way to switch weapons easier. An interface similar to Doom (1 for first weapon, p for last) would be great. Because it was so hard to move from weapon to weapon I only used three things:
Ice Pick
Fireball
Boomerang

Could this be changed for the next update or is that to complicated?

My favorite weapons are:

1. Boomerang
  2. Ice Wall
  3. VBlade

I also like Zir. Seeds but not when im using them against a wall very
close to me... 😄

------------------
^_^

When i get the ice pick I almost never use any spells.

1. Ice Pick
  2. Ice Crystals*
  3. Boomerang

*Only available in a earlier version of FW.
You get this instead of the Ice Wall.
Ice crystals have the same mana usage and damage as the fireball, the difference is that it is not affected by gravity.

I almost never use any seeds or rings because in all games where I have something with limited uses I just think that "I´ll have to spare this one for later."

------------------
"Let´s not bicker and argue about who killed who.
This is supposed to be a happy occasion."