Ferazel's Wand?

Ambrosia is making a huge mistake in carrying out Ferazel's Wand. The market on these games is already covered by larger software companies with lareger budgets. Ambrosia captured us with EV, an original game. Ferazel's Wand will just be a worse version of similar games. Ambrosia should cancel its plans to abandon EV and work on it instead of this crud. :mad:

------------------

Now, we're all entitled to our own opinions, but didn't your mother ever teach you to be kind and courteous to others? I think it's hardly very nice to bash what most of us here consider to be a unique, enjoyable (though difficult), and addictive game -- a game, I might add, which we paid good money for -- especially in front of it's programmer, who no doubt worked long hard nights to get Ferazel's Wand written. Obviously you have never programmed anything in your life, so I suggest you try it someday; it might give you cause to respect those who can do what you can't.

Also, until you actually play Ferazel's Wand, you really should withhold your judgement. All you've done so far, in my opinion, is prove your ignorance.

------------------

Reading that, I have to wonder why would someone bash Ferazel's Wand on this board, given that probably people who would agree with him/her wouldn't bother with the Ferazel's Wand web board to begin with.

But in case any Ferazel-haters are reading this, I'd like to make a point: Just because a particular game or a particular type of game doesn't appeal to you does not mean that it should be abandoned. Different people like different games. So while you are entitled to your opinion, it would probably come across better if you presented it in a polite manner, perhaps with some facts to back it up; like, what do you consider to be "similar games" that Ferazel's Wand is just a "worse version" of?

Personally, I think it's terrific that we've got a company like Ambrosia that's diverse enough to offer a wide range of games to cater to all tastes. And I hope they will continue in their diversity.
-Elizabeth

------------------
Find Hints, Tips, and Tricks for Helpers of Habnabits in the (url="http://"http://employees.3gi.com/~ereid/ferazel")Ferazel's Wand Player's Guide(/url) (http://employees.3gi.../~ereid/ferazel)

Good grief. To heck with being polite to this bozo. Obviously the only reason he posted here on this particular board was in order to flame. What a loser.

I hardly think Ben will have his feelings hurt by some spoiled little boy who's trying to impress us all with how much of a whining jerk he's learning to be. Hey! I know! Maybe I should post on the EV boards about what a sucky game EV is!!!

Gads. Grow up. And learn how to state your opinion a little more respectfully. You don't get your way by being a butthead. No, I wasn't respectful to you either, but I treat people respectfully who deserve it. There are times when someone just begs to be called a butthead. And you just have to oblige them.

---Zelda
"First rule of responding to flames: Don't! That's what they want you to do." Bah. I don't feel like following the rules. 🙂

have you even tried ferazel's wand?? if not you shouln't make fun of it. for that matter don't make fun of it even if you have played it. it's really rude!! 😛 :mad: 😛

(This message has been edited by clam (edited 04-14-2000).)

Since I,along with most of us, have spent many hours in this game...I feel ultimately qualified to respond to our little negative lizard man in here. If Ambrosia were wasting it's time...then this board would be empty, we would be playing some other inane game, and we wouldn't be spending our time and energy having fun, giving feedback to the authors, getting frustrated, and I can speak with experience about the frustration. If you didn't like this game...I would be willing to bet that YOU didn't keep on trying or thought that this was going to be a game for the witless. So take your negative self elsewhere...and beware before someone drops a fireseed on you!!!!

------------------

Everyone who has posted before me has basically stated my feelings adequately. However, I'd like to add that it takes a special kind of cowardly loser to hide behind trashing the Ambrosia Mascot for a UserName. Way to go Mr. Original! 😛

Nif

------------------

Originally posted by Zelda:

**Good grief. To heck with being polite to this bozo. Obviously the only reason he posted here on this particular board was in order to flame. What a loser.

I hardly think Ben will have his feelings hurt by some spoiled little boy who's trying to impress us all with how much of a whining jerk he's learning to be. Hey! I know! Maybe I should post on the EV boards about what a sucky game EV is!!!

Gads. Grow up. And learn how to state your opinion a little more respectfully. You don't get your way by being a butthead. No, I wasn't respectful to you either, but I treat people respectfully who deserve it. There are times when someone just begs to be called a butthead. And you just have to oblige them.

---Zelda

"First rule of responding to flames: Don't! That's what they want you to do." Bah. I don't feel like following the rules. :)**

What do you have against flamming?

------------------

Originally posted by MotherLove:
**What do you have against flamming?

Flaming in response to a flame? Or starting one in the first place? As for starting it, I just don't get my jollies by annoying other people and trying to make them as angry as I can. If that's your idea of a good old time, you got a sorry pitiful life, boyo!!

It's not usually the best way to respond either. It just gives the flamer an extreme reaction which is usually what he/she is after and breeds more flames in return. But I can make an exception for you, October!! If you'd like. 🙂

---Zelda
Feeling particularly peaceful and mellow tonight. For whatever reason.

Originally posted by Cap'n Hector Must DIE!!!:
**Ambrosia is making a huge mistake in carrying out Ferazel's Wand. The market on these games is already covered by larger software companies with lareger budgets. Ambrosia captured us with EV, an original game. Ferazel's Wand will just be a worse version of similar games. Ambrosia should cancel its plans to abandon EV and work on it instead of this crud.:mad:

Although I agree with the fact that Ambrosia should've never abandoned EV, I don't agree with your insulting of Ferazel's Wand. For one that has never played Ferazel's Wand before, and was banned from the EV boards ( ;)), I don't think you have any right to insult Ferazel's Wand. I think Ferazel's Wand is a most exallent game, and Ev as well. I think I'm enjoying Ferazel's Wand more than I ever enjoyed EV, though. 😛

------------------
"Sorry, I can't do that"

AIM: Admiral Dennis
(url="http://"mailto:admiraldennis@mac.com")mailto:admiraldennis@mac.com(/url)admiraldennis@mac.com

Originally posted by Admiral Dennis:

**Although I agree with the fact that Ambrosia should've never abandoned EV, I don't agree with your insulting of Ferazel's Wand. For one that has never played Ferazel's Wand before, and was banned from the EV boards (;) ), I don't think you have any right to insult Ferazel's Wand. I think Ferazel's Wand is a most exallent game, and Ev as well. I think I'm enjoying Ferazel's Wand more than I ever enjoyed EV, though. 😛

You mean andrew banned hector??? YES!!!!! Maybe spamming andrew relentlessly until he banned that idiot work! Or maybe andrew realized that he was a threat to national/webboard security. Anyway, it's time for me to find new flamming grounds, maybe Cythera webboard....

------------------
"The toilet is over there!"

-Stalin at the Yalta Confrence, denouncing one of Churchill's ideas.

AOL/AIM-Nador26

Yahoo Messenger-OctoberFost

(url="http://"http://www.geocities.com/octoberfost")http://www.geocities.com/octoberfost(/url)

Originally posted by OctoberFost:
**You mean andrew banned hector??? YES!!!!! Maybe spamming andrew relentlessly until he banned that idiot work! Or maybe andrew realized that he was a threat to national/webboard security. Anyway, it's time for me to find new flamming grounds, maybe Cythera webboard....

I post there too, you know. 🙂 Go pick on the Ares board. I don't play that one.

---Zelda

I would have to agree to one thing. That is that Ambrosia should not give up on Escape Velocity. The game rocks but I do still like Ferazel's Wand... a bit.

------------------
"What is matter. Never mind. What is mind. No matter" - Homer Simpson

Originally posted by Cap'n Hector Must DIE!!!:
**Ambrosia is making a huge mistake in carrying out Ferazel's Wand. The market on these games is already covered by larger software companies with lareger budgets. Ambrosia captured us with EV, an original game. Ferazel's Wand will just be a worse version of similar games. Ambrosia should cancel its plans to abandon EV and work on it instead of this crud.:mad:

If you don't like a particular game of ours, that's fine, then don't purchase it. But to go into a forum specifically dedicated to that game, and say, "this game is crud, because it's not what I like..." says more about you than any game.
If you don't like the game, and think we're making a mistake in producing it, then let us know, but do so in a proper place, such as the Ambrosia Banter forum.

------------------
David Dunham / tech support / Ambrosia Software, Inc.

I may be wrong here, but what does Ambrosia have to do with 'abandonning' EV? They didn't write it, they just published it. If anything it's whoever wrote EV in the first place who abandonned it, NOT Ambrosia. Then again, I could be wrong 🙂

And yes, I like EV and EVO too.

------------------
-- Jeff

Originally posted by Merciless:
**I may be wrong here, but what does Ambrosia have to do with 'abandonning' EV? They didn't write it, they just published it. If anything it's whoever wrote EV in the first place who abandonned it, NOT Ambrosia. Then again, I could be wrong:)

And yes, I like EV and EVO too.

EV and EVO were written by different people. EV was written by the great Matt Burch, EVO by the not-so-great Peter Carthwright(did I even spell that right?). EV is definately abbandoned. EVO will be after v.1.0.2 is released. And belive me, one day Ferazel's Wand will be abandoned too...

------------------
"The toilet is over there!"-Stalin at the Yalta Confrence, denouncing one of Churchill's ideas.

AOL/AIM-Nador26

Yahoo Messenger-OctoberFost

(url="http://"http://www.geocities.com/octoberfost")http://www.geocities.com/octoberfost(/url)

The admins at the Cythera board deleted my post! I guess I'll have to return here, were I'm loved... 😛

------------------

Originally posted by OctoberFost:
**EV and EVO were written by different people. EV was written by the great Matt Burch, EVO by the not-so-great Peter Carthwright(did I even spell that right?). EV is definately abbandoned. EVO will be after v.1.0.2 is released. And belive me, one day Ferazel's Wand will be abandoned too...

EVO was only possible because Matt Burch committed to it. If you feel that nothing new is happening with EV, he's the one you should communicate with. It's his game. However, if you're implying that he has a game, update or a plug-in that Ambrosia refuses to publish...then I might understand some of this hostility. (Misguided as it is.) Is this the case? I don't understand the Nova thing. I'd read the EV boards to find out...but they're too scary.

Ferazel's Wand has been completed. Every game gets completed...and so is one day abandoned by the creator. But Ambrosia will always support these games...so it's not like we're out here on our own now that the game creators have moved onto other projects.

Originally posted by MotherLove:
The admins at the Cythera board deleted my post! I guess I'll have to return here, were I'm loved...

I didn't think you said anything that would inspire any particular ire. Could be that everyone's just onto you? Gee...who wouldn't love MotherLove???!!! 😛

---Zelda

------------------

heh -- this is like watching matter collide with anti-matter.

------------------
Andrew Welch / el Presidente / Ambrosia Software, Inc.

Enjoying this, are you? 😛

------------------