Flash Freeze

Really? Weird... it works every time for me. Do the little orbs even hurt the shield at all? I even did it on purpose today when I got to Flash Freeze again, although I did just get two (which, I think, is as many as you can pile up on top of each other, but maybe I'm wrong) and it didn't quite make it, so I had to go back and get the third one...

As for moving on with your life, I didn't realize there was life outside of Ferazel. 🙂 I put off one term paper and studying for at least two tests to play Ferazel, not to mention the unworthy code I ought to be sheding blood for. Trust my boyfriend to buy me a game during midterms... 😛

------------------

(This message has been edited by Rilla (edited 02-11-2000).)

This penta-shield talk has me baffled. What do you mean?

Last time I was playing, I ran past one of those ice walls in Flash Freeze because I wanted to open the box. Well, I get into the chamber easy enough, but then I couldn't get out!!! So I had to start all over again (mutter).

Those deep pits to jump over are a pain, but nothing compared to those floating spiked snowballs. Except that the save point isn't so close. Oh well, I was glad to finally get that far. Finding the health power-up cheered me up, too. As long as there are places like that, filled with goodies, small puzzles, but nothing too lethal, there's a reason to hope 😄

To go off-topic, does anyone know why Nimbo said "As soon as you find a path into the mountains, I'll help you further." Why doesn't he help now? His brother is home with him afterall.

Baffled Again,

AM

------------------

Rilla wrote:
**Really? Weird... it works every time for me. Do the little orbs even hurt the shield at all? I even did it on purpose today when I got to Flash Freeze again, although I did just get two (which, I think, is as many as you can pile up on top of each other, but maybe I'm wrong) and it didn't quite make it, so I had to go back and get the third one...

As for moving on with your life, I didn't realize there was life outside of Ferazel. 🙂

Noooo!!! I've had all three piled up on me and I hit the wall and it makes this noise like it wants to crumble, then the pentashields are gone. Allllll gone.

As for moving on with my life...I certainly didn't mean to a life outside of Ferazel!! Geesh, no way is my life my own yet! No, I meant moving on with my life WITHIN Ferazel. I'm trying to complete another level.

---Zelda

Oh, that's good, Zelda... just going to another level. You scared me when you said you were moving on with your life; for a second there, I vaguely recalled a time before Ferazel. But it's all gone now! Must have just been a nightmare or something.

Amorisse, penta-shields make five little balls circle around you that shield you from damage, but they crumble if they're hit too many times (maybe only once, I'm not sure). There are three in Flash Freeze around the area where all the arrows are shooting at you.

------------------

WARNING! Possible spoiler alert!
For all who have asked where the Ice Pick is: In Flash Freeze, in the part where you are jumping (Should I say leaping) from small chunks of land to the next, at one of them (The second to last one) there is some Xichrans leading downward. Right below there is a cave enterance. In there, there is a saved game sopt with a merchant willing to sell you Escape Rings, and an Ice Pick. An Ice Pick will set you back 500 big ones, though!

------------------
Think Different.

-Admiral Dennis
(url="http://"mailto:admiraldennis@mac.com")mailto:admiraldennis@mac.com(/url)admiraldennis@mac.com

Admiral Dennis wrote:
**Where is the Ice Pick?

You must buy an ice pick from Elber. He is at the end of Flash Freeze. For more info, check the Q&A; for Flash Freeze in the Player's Guide (link below).

-Elizabeth

------------------
Find Hints, Tips, and Tricks for Helpers of Habnabits in the (url="http://"http://employees.3gi.com/~ereid/ferazel")Ferazel's Wand Player's Guide(/url) (http://employees.3gi.../~ereid/ferazel)

Ereid wrote:
**You must buy an ice pick from Elber. He is at the end of Flash Freeze. For more info, check the Q &A; for Flash Freeze in the Player's Guide (link below).

-Elizabeth

Yes, I had happend to find it on my own right after a posted that. Then I changed it to a description on how to get the Ice Pick.

------------------
Think Different.

-Admiral Dennis
(url="http://"mailto:admiraldennis@mac.com")mailto:admiraldennis@mac.com(/url)admiraldennis@mac.com

Anyone else notice there are a couple new save points in Flash Freeze with the update? (Or was this a bug in my particular game before?)

LT wrote:
Anyone else notice there are a couple new save points in Flash Freeze with the update? (Or was this a bug in my particular game before?)

New save points were definitely added. Most welcome is the one right before you have to do that series of jumps. I think some were supposed to have been added to Iceconoclasm as well, but I haven't checked.

---Zelda

I have upgraded FW with the latest update, but on Flash Freeze, I am still stuck. I'm at the Save Point which preceeds six mace (spiked balls). I wisely killed the Goblin and filled up on Z-Brine before saving and four magic crystals somewhere in my cloak. I can get past this part and onto the next section where all the crossbows are.

First Problem:
The only way I've broken through the icewall at the top of the tall cliff (requires jump power up) is with all 5 balls of the pentashiled intact, and firing with the boomerang as the balls weaken the ice. I can't do it with less than 5 -- and I've only done it once. I've used up two magic potions firing at this thing with boomerang, fireball, and even statue spell, but it doesn't work.

I have not been able to get past all the crossbows since then with all 5 pentashield balls intact. In the Xirchon room above the entry of this section, the pentashield and spells have no effect on either wall which blocks the health gem power-upgrade (+ 2 pentashields and 2 magic crystals). I do not have any fireseeds here, so that may make a difference.

Second Problem:
As I said, I upgraded, but when I get past the aforementioned section to the "Big Gaps" section (where you have to get the speed p/u and jump over 4 or 5 gaps to continue), there is no save point, as the previous post mentions. I know the game is upgraded as errors in Hangnabit are fixed.

I'm also working this game on two other fronts: parched earth and Labrynth. I have the map and just grabbed the written walkthru, so I'll try those. But I've only gotten to the end of Parched Earth once -- in about eight minutes, and greeted with a sealed door. I've followed all the advice, but I have not been able to finish again -- let alone inside five minutes.

Finally, I DID get the rez necklace in Storm Valley past the second set of springs; again, just by running and jumping and working my way past them. What a PAIN! Oh, and try killing the Goblin Chief with 4 Magic Crystals and boomerangs! Man, that toasts him quite handily, I must say!

Thanks

------------------
<`{{{><

Jodeo wrote:
**First Problem:
The only way I've broken through the icewall at the top of the tall cliff (requires jump power up) is with all 5 balls of the pentashiled intact, and firing with the boomerang as the balls weaken the ice. I can't do it with less than 5 -- and I've only done it once. I've used up two magic potions firing at this thing with boomerang, fireball, and even statue spell, but it doesn't work.

I could be wrong, but I don't think firing spells contributes anything to weakening the ice wall -- it's just the pentashield balls that weaken it, and sometimes it breaks, sometimes it doesn't. Before jumping to the icewall side, toss a fireball across to break the box that sits in front of the ice wall; otherwise the box will take out one of your pentashield balls.

I have not been able to get past all the crossbows since then with all 5 pentashield balls intact. In the Xirchon room above the entry of this section, the pentashield and spells have no effect on either wall which blocks the health gem power-upgrade (+ 2 pentashields and 2 magic crystals). I do not have any fireseeds here, so that may make a difference.

As far as I know, fireseeds are the only way to get into that area.

Second Problem:
As I said, I upgraded, but when I get past the aforementioned section to the "Big Gaps" section (where you have to get the speed p/u and jump over 4 or 5 gaps to continue), there is no save point, as the previous post mentions. I know the game is upgraded as errors in Hangnabit are fixed.

There's a save point -- search high and low.

I'm also working this game on two other fronts: parched earth and Labrynth. I have the map and just grabbed the written walkthru, so I'll try those. But I've only gotten to the end of Parched Earth once -- in about eight minutes, and greeted with a sealed door. I've followed all the advice, but I have not been able to finish again -- let alone inside five minutes.

Read the threads on Parched Earth -- they contain some good hints. But I think the general consensus is that it still takes alot of practice. At some point you'll just surprise yourself and make it in time.

Finally, I DID get the rez necklace in Storm Valley past the second set of springs; again, just by running and jumping and working my way past them. What a PAIN! Oh, and try killing the Goblin Chief with 4 Magic Crystals and boomerangs! Man, that toasts him quite handily, I must say!

That's great! If you remember exactly what you did, please try to explain. That's one of the few things I was never able to do (well, that and kill $%#@!&* Xichra).

Well, I searched high and low, tried blasting rock and drilling down. I even FerazEditted my save to beef up my chances. I still find no save point anywhere before the big gaps, even though my game has been updated (as I confirmed above).

Joel

------------------

<`{{{><

Jodeo wrote:
**Well, I searched high and low, tried blasting rock and drilling down. I even FerazEditted my save to beef up my chances. I still find no save point anywhere before the big gaps, even though my game has been updated (as I confirmed above).

Joel

You're not alone, Joel. I never found a save point before the jumps either! All's there is at that point is the powerup before you start jumping. If anyone knows where it is - sure would like a spoiler here!

------------------

Dian wrote:
**You're not alone, Joel. I never found a save point before the jumps either! All's there is at that point is the powerup before you start jumping. If anyone knows where it is - sure would like a spoiler here!

The save point is on a ledge right above the powerup. Have you started the level completely over since you updated?

---Zelda

(This message has been edited by Zelda (edited 04-04-2000).)

The save point is definitely there. If you don't find it, it's probably because you need to start into the game either at the beginning of the level, or go back to the end of the previous level, as Andrew explained on another question (somewhere in this BB maze), regarding the Fire Guardians.

What I did, was go back to the farthest point in the game that I had been able to get WITHOUT any glitches (which was Hangnabit). I started from there, and everything in the update has been great!

Linda

------------------