any news on the update?

Maybe Ben, Andrew, or David could let us know what's happening with the update?

Cathy

------------------

Hi ! I'm looking for an update too every day... I think it's time to get one. Is-it possible to have an idea ? Thanks ! Michel Poulin, Québec, Canada.

I'm another one waiting for the update! I check everyday, but nothing yet. Frustrated, too, 'cause all's I have left is Iceconoclasm (no ice wall spell), to revisit Hangnabit (no glider right now) and the Frying Pan - which I've done so many times and still can't get to the first save point. Would love the update so I could I do something other than get burned over and over again! 🙂

------------------

The 1.0.3 version of the demo has been sent to replication for Ambrosia CD 5 and will be released as soon as someone gets a chance to. The update for the full version will be out shortly as well.

-Ben

------------------

Ben Spees wrote:
**The 1.0.3 version of the demo has been sent to replication for Ambrosia CD 5 and will be released as soon as someone gets a chance to. The update for the full version will be out shortly as well.

-Ben

I promise I'm not trying to cause trouble with this question, but what does the update being put on a CD have to do with it being put on the web for download? The update is going to be put on the web for download, right (she says anxiously)?

-Elizabeth

------------------
Find Hints, Tips, and Tricks for Helpers of Habnabits at the (url="http://"http://employees.3gi.com/~ereid/ferazel")Ferazel's Wand Player's Guide(/url)(http://employees.3gi.../~ereid/ferazel)

Ereid wrote:
**I promise I'm not trying to cause trouble with this question, but what does the update being put on a CD have to do with it being put on the web for download? The update is going to be put on the web for download, right (she says anxiously)?

From what I can tell, the demo updater is being put on the next Ambrosia CD just so it's all updated for the next time it ships. I would assume that the update for the full game (and the demo) will be available on the web for download. It only makes sense...doesn't it? 🙂

------------------
-- Jeff

(This message has been edited by Merciless (edited 03-17-2000).)

My interpretation of what Ben said is that the new demo will be available on the new CD, and that right now they are too busy for someone to make the update available for us to download. But as soon as someone has time to do it, they will.

I think it's important for us to remember that this is not the only project that they are working on! I feel bad for them with the way we badger them for the update all the time! 🙂

Happy Ferazel-ing!

Nif

------------------

MissNif wrote:
**I feel bad for them with the way we badger them for the update all the time!:)

Bah! They love us! Hehe. That's why they read our posts. There are software company/game message boards out there that are never visited by the producers, much less the author, of the games/products. It's great to have a company that cares enough to listen to its customers--especially in a forum like this.

We may grump, but we're appreciative nonetheless.

'=}

------------------
"Life is like a chocolate chip cookie."
-Snoopy

I love Ambrosia, too, but I feel a little upset that those of us who have PAID our money and have been waiting and waiting for this upgrade, have been kind of sloughed, while they make sure the DEMO is published correctly. Somehow the order doesn't seem quite right here, but then I'm not a software publisher (sigh).

------------------

Hi again, as the other users, I don't want to make trouble too but I agree with the fact that it is curious that the 1.0.3 version is getting burned on CD before the users who paid for it can download it... 😕 C'mon ! Just take a few minutes to upload it on your WWW site please...Pleassseee ! Pllleeeaaaasssseeeeee !!! 😉

Michel Poulin wrote:
Hi again, as the other users, I don't want to make trouble too but I agree with the fact that it is curious that the 1.0.3 version is getting burned on CD before the users who paid for it can download it...😕 C'mon ! Just take a few minutes to upload it on your WWW site please...Pleassseee ! Pllleeeaaaasssseeeeee !!! 😉

That was version 1.03 of the DEMO, not the full game. Come on you guys, to be fair, the demo would be easier to fix than the full version. It makes sense that it would be done first. But if it's done then the full version can't be far behind. Hold on! 🙂

---Zelda

GEEEEZ People! My husband has spent hundreds of dollars on computer games, many of which have had more and worse bugs than Ferazel. However, NONE of those games have web boards administered by the actual people who created the game! Some of those games NEVER came out with updates, but plenty of them came out with $40 sequels! And, as far as I can tell, NONE of those companies give a rat's tushy about whether or not we can figure out how to defeat the Goblin Chief or Manditraki Wizard -- that is, except for the fact that they publish hint books and walk-throughs that just rake in tons more cash for them!

The Ambrosians do not have to provide these services for us, but they do because they care about their customers/fans being happy with Ambrosia products, and I think that we customers/fans could be a little more patient!

Nif

------------------
You have to remember, there is no spoon.

I agree 100% with Nif!

------------------
-- Jeff

Alright, Nif!! I think you stated it right on and there are lots of us who agree with you. . . 🙂

------------------

Yay Nif!

-Grandalf

------------------

You go Nif! 🙂

I agree wholeheartedly with Nif. If we just stop bugging them, they will be able to spend more time working than answering our repetitive whinings. I respect Ambrosia software, Ben Spees, and all of Ambrosia's employees for their commitment to listening to customers and fixing bugs, but even Ambrosia can't pull an update out of a hat! They DO have to work on it. Really, people. I understand your sentiment, but give it a rest.

Now that I've said that, let me just say:
PLEEEEEEAAAAASE can we get the update soon?!?!? 🙂

------------------

(This message has been edited by Gick (edited 03-20-2000).)

The new version will be out very shortly -- we're just doing some final QA on it. Our target release date is this coming Wednesday (3/22/2000).

------------------
Andrew Welch / el Presidente / Ambrosia Software, Inc.

OK, OK. I agree about Ambrosia. As I said, I love them and their products. I've just been frustrated about not being able to finish the game.

I, too, have hundreds of $$$ worth of Mac games. Some are packaged, and many are shareware. Out of the hundreds of games I own, I only have one or two that have had problems, and most of those have been due to incompatible operating systems. In fact, I'm still able to run many of my games from the 80s, when they were designed to run on the MacPlus! Some of those old ones, of course, I've updated, but some are no longer being developed.

With the one or two problems I've had over the years, I have ALWAYS been able to get help from the creators, even if it was the fact that I wouldn't be able to run the game due to my OS upgrade or something similar. When such was the case, I was able to get my money back, if not from the retailer (usually MacWarehouse for me), then from the manufacturer. I've never had a problem with that. So I don't agree that most of the developers "out there" don't care about the end user. As in anything, some do, and some don't.

If I didn't like Ambrosia so much, I wouldn't own all but two of their games, plus ColorSwitch Pro and SnapzPro 2. I'm just frustrated that I haven't been able to play Ferazel for several weeks now, though I still WANT to!

So please forgive me, Ben, Andrew, and David, for seeming so impatient. And by the way, the discussion board was a GREAT idea!

Linda

------------------

This dark screen is really tough on the eyes. Can we go back to the old colors and bulletin board?