An Iceconoclasm question

Talk about numb fingers -- I have a stuck arrow key on my Powerbook because of this game! It's the left arrow key and I think it was Storm Valley that did it.

LT(/B)(/QUOTE)

Well when I got through Labyrinth, my right arrow key stuck and I got fried by the Manditraki Wizard before I could do anything.

------------------

Croikle wrote:
LT, did you get the Invincibility Orb before going over them? I can make it across without taking any hits, I think. (It's been a long time since I played Flash Freeze)

Yes, and that got me to the third or fourth mace ball before it wore off and I started taking damage while trying to do the last couple of jumps. When I came back to FF after doing the desert and fire levels, I had a higher health capacity and more health to start with, so I could make it across with enough health left to go on.

LT

Merciless wrote:
And about Flash Freeze and the series of jumps you have to make to get past that one part. I found that quite easy. Maybe it's just me, but I can make it across that part without even slowing down, let alone stopping. I took a movie with Snapz Pro 2 (great utility) and as soon as I upload it somewhere, I'll post the URL here. Elizabeth, do you want it to put on your strategy guide to show that it can be done?:) It's just me making it over the jumps in one fell swoop.

Waaaait...you mean you took just took ONE jump to make it all the way across? If that's what you're saying, I for one would love to see the movie of that! Or do you mean that you jumped from ledge to ledge without pausing or taking a misstep? If the latter, yeah..it can be done. I can jump across pretty handily now that I've done it a few hundred times. 🙂

---Zelda

Zelda wrote:
**Waaaait...you mean you took just took ONE jump to make it all the way across? If that's what you're saying, I for one would love to see the movie of that! Or do you mean that you jumped from ledge to ledge without pausing or taking a misstep? If the latter, yeah..it can be done. I can jump across pretty handily now that I've done it a few hundred times.:)

Heh, no, I didn't make it in one jump 🙂 Although the movie is kinda cool. I'm very pleased at how it turned out. You can see it at

(url="http://"http://members.home.com/jmln/ferazel.mov")http://members.home....mln/ferazel.mov(/url)

Now that you mention it, it may be possible to make it across the whole thing in just two jumps. I can make it to that part with a few seconds of the 'jump boot' powerup, and I remember once I forgot I had it, ran, jumped, and went right down the third void....so it may be possible. If it can be done, I'll take a movie of that too! 🙂

Enjoy the movie guys!

------------------
-- Jeff

Grandalf wrote:
**Ferazel has become a bore because of all of the repetition, repetition, repetition. Same in Flash Freeze: barrier pit with no way over after 50 or more tries. Same in Labrynth with death always in the middle somewhere and no replenishments to be found.
-Grandalf

My advice to anyone stuck on some level: do what I did and go back to the very beginning of the game. At one time I hated labyrinth, but now that I have it figured out, it's my favorite level and I can get through it without hurting the little guy, too.

Parched Earth is more tricky, but once you learn the tricks, it's doable. Flash Freeze...yuck! But I made it through. Of course, I rarely play anymore, either, because that last level...Ends of the Earth, is incredibly hard. I just gave up on it. Now, when I play, it's because my son talked me into playing it with him.

------------------
"Life is like a chocolate chip cookie."
-Snoopy

(This message has been edited by Amorisse (edited 03-17-2000).)

Amorisse wrote:
**My advice to anyone stuck on some level: do what I did and go back to the very beginning of the game. (snip) ... that last level...Ends of the Earth, is incredibly hard. I just gave up on it. Now, when I play, it's because my son talked me into playing it with him.

I too got so frustrated with EotE that I gave up, went back to the start of the game and had a great time for a few days rediscovering how easy the first levels were. 🙂 I was simply unable to get past the infamous 'golden bolts' without dropping into the void, and got fed up having to go back near the beginning to where I had saved the level. Last night I tried it again and discovered a hidden save point much nearer where I was stuck. After that, it became so much less frustrating that I relaxed, and it took only one or two more tries before I made it past. My optimism has returned!

------------------

Amorisse wrote:
**My advice to anyone stuck on some level: do what I did and go back to the very beginning of the game. At one time I hated labyrinth, but now that I have it figured out, it's my favorite level and I can get through it without hurting the little guy, too.

Parched Earth is more tricky, but once you learn the tricks, it's doable. Flash Freeze...yuck! But I made it through. Of course, I rarely play anymore, either, because that last level...Ends of the Earth, is incredibly hard. I just gave up on it. Now, when I play, it's because my son talked me into playing it with him.

I must admit that I did go back into Labrynth, released Dimbo, went back to Nimbo, and returned to Labrynth, all without damage, so some morale has returned already! Now if I can only find my way to the piranha pool and the magic carpet!

Grandalf

------------------

(This message has been edited by Grandalf (edited 03-17-2000).)

LT wrote:
I'm pretty sure there's no other way. Have you sent your game in and not gotten it back yet? I've been waiting since Wednesday.

Send your saved games to me at help@ambrosiasw.com, and I can fix them for you.

------------------
David Dunham / tech support / Ambrosia Software, Inc.

LT wrote:
I'm pretty sure there's no other way. Have you sent your game in and not gotten it back yet? I've been waiting since Wednesday.

Send your saved games to me at help@ambrosiasw.com, and I can fix them for you.

------------------
David Dunham / tech support / Ambrosia Software, Inc.