Don't hate me for asking this...

I agree, JonBob - there are differences. I think a good solution aould be to have a reusable save point at the difficult exit of each level - not the back-out entrance.

Cathy

------------------

Amorisse-

I definately know of two in Fire In The Hole, one of which I don't know how to get to. As for the others (that aren't past Hangnabit, anyway) I can't remember where they are! I'm sure there're tons in the levels where those big nasty fire walss are chasing you, but there's no way I'm gong to be able to get them, and I know I left others behind somewhere, but unfortuantely I forgot where they were. However, you do get two rez necklaces at the end of the level right before Xichra. If you know of any others, please tell me -- they'll save my life!

------------------

I'm sorry, but I just can't afford to spend hours and hours trying the same portion of a level over and over again. This has the potential to be a really great game, but the frustration level is just too high. Needs MANY more save portals at the very least. I'll resume playing when I can actually get somewhere in the game.

Try doing what I started doing on my third time of starting over from the beginning. Now things are going MUCH better for me.

First of all, if you can do it, go all the way through A Scent of Peril without using a single save point. Once you get into the Central Caverns, you will find a save point pretty close to the beginning, so use that. Be sure to save the game as something to remind you where you were at that point.

Then (and this is very important), QUIT. Then go back into the game, and Resume play where you left off. When you next decide to use a save point (and use as few as possible), you are going to get the opportunity again, to SAVE AS. Name this game something else to remind you of where you are now, and quit again. Etc., etc., etc.

This only takes a couple more minutes than just letting the game save over your previous version, and it makes it MUCH easier to play through. If you decide at any given point that you could have done that level better, go back to a previously saved version, and DO it better from there. 🙂 This takes a WHOLE lot of pressure off, and actually makes it easier to do everything!

------------------

lindawing wrote:
Then (and this is very important), QUIT. Then go back into the game, and Resume play where you left off. When you next decide to use a save point (and use as few as possible), you are going to get the opportunity again, to SAVE AS.

Linda, if you uncheck the "reuse saved game files" box in the preferences, you can get a Save As dialog at each save point without quitting and restarting.

That should make your life much nicer. 😉

------------------
--JB

"Miren al pepino. Que suaves movimentos. Es como montequilla en un chango pelon." -- Larry the Cucumber

Well, this topic originally opened up asking if there were any cheats. From what I've seen in the game, there isn't, but there is a way to get nearly infinite money.

Firstly, HexEdit is required. I think (url="http://"http://www.download.com")http://www.download.com(/url) has it.

Secondly, you need a saved game to open with HexEdit. Be sure you know exactly how much money your character has, preferrably under 255 coins, otherwise it gets a bit more complicated, and I haven't bothered to figure out how to do it when the character has more. When you open a saved game, all you will see are a lot of numbers and letters. You need to understand that numbers in hexadecimal are not the same as normal numbers. The easiest way to convert a normal number to hexadecimal is to use a table. There are lots on the web, and I use:
(url="http://"http://www.jaworski.com/htmlbook/dec-hex.htm")http://www.jaworski....ook/dec-hex.htm(/url)

So when you figure out how much money you have in hexidecimal, you have to start looking through the saved file for where it is stored. There is a search function, which makes it a lot easier to find. It's usually within the first 15 lines or so of the saved game file, which has thousands. There may only be a few occurances of the number in the entire file, so you could try changing each one individually (and saving a different file each time), and then open each saved game within Ferazel until one of them works.

Depending on how far into the game you are, the number for your money could be stored further down in the file. When I had 72 coins, it showed up as 0048. I changed it to 03FF and I came out with a few thousand coins. There's a limit to how high you can set the number, I set it to FFFF and it gave me -1 coins instead of a 60,000 or so.

Anyways, it sounds pretty complicated, but experimentation is usually your best bet. I haven't really found a use for money yet, except to buy a couple potions at the start. But then, I haven't gotten very far yet. I hope this post can alleviate some of your frustrations though. I know it makes the first couple levels a bit easier...

Good luck, and back to Ferazel's world I go...
-Ferazel's Sidekick 🙂

I've been playing the demo of freazel's wand, It's a good game but I've been wondering where is the pull down cheat menu with all the health/magic,weapons,powerups etc. and epecially the "float" cheat to allow you to move in any direction(even if it's only for 10 seconds) so you can get past those annoying rapid muliple jump sections.support for mac gaming works both ways! if a demo is frustrating because the game is impossible and has no useful cheats then I wont be buying the full version. Put that in your bank balance and spend it!

koo wrote:
I've been playing the demo of freazel's wand, It's a good game but I've been wondering where is the pull down cheat menu with all the health/magic,weapons,powerups etc. and epecially the "float" cheat to allow you to move in any direction(even if it's only for 10 seconds) so you can get past those annoying rapid muliple jump sections.support for mac gaming works both ways! if a demo is frustrating because the game is impossible and has no useful cheats then I wont be buying the full version. Put that in your bank balance and spend it!

What the heck are you talking about? You only play games with pull down cheat menus? Are there many games with pull down cheat menus? Gads. I know the game is hard, but it really wouldn't be a great deal of fun the way you're demanding it.

I say as I continue to sit in the same spot for three weeks. 🙂
---Zelda

Rilla wrote:
**Amorisse-

I definately know of two in Fire In The Hole, one of which I don't know how to get to. As for the others (that aren't past Hangnabit, anyway) I can't remember where they are! I'm sure there're tons in the levels where those big nasty fire walss are chasing you, but there's no way I'm gong to be able to get them, and I know I left others behind somewhere, but unfortuantely I forgot where they were. However, you do get two rez necklaces at the end of the level right before Xichra. If you know of any others, please tell me -- they'll save my life!

Rilla, I've found one necklace there. Are there others? I've searched for other possible secrets because I could only find 80-something percent, but I'm stumped.

~lis

I know of ten rez necklaces...

possible spoiler

Fire in the Hole- two

Frying Pan-one

Cant Stand the Heat-one

Storm Valley-one

Purple Haze-one

The Dig-one

Ends of the Earth-two

Labyrinth-one

------------------

I definately know of three rez necklaces in The Ends of the Earth. Two are right above the exit, seperated by a red spikey ball... kind of hard to get without hurting yourself. Another is to the left from the switch that you hit after the cannon run in the same room, but I don't have a clue how to get it!

------------------

Thank you, Bandersnatch and Rilla!

Wow! I can't imagine for the life of me where the rez necklace in The Dig could be. When I finished the level, it said I didn't have all the secrets, so I went back with V-blade and demolished the place and still found nothing new. I finally decided that those little skeleton head death guys must've counted as secrets, but I never touched them... blasted around them, but no touching. 🆒

Could I please have some serious clues where to find the rez necklace in The Dig and the other rez necklace from Fire in the Hole? I found one, which was easy to find...there in the ground for all to see. How about the one in Can't Stand the Heat--is it near the beginning or end, hidden or easy to see?

Thanks in advance!

😄

Amorisse wrote:
Wow! I can't imagine for the life of me where the rez necklace in The Dig could be. When I finished the level, it said I didn't have all the secrets, so I went back with V-blade and demolished the place and still found nothing new. I finally decided that those little skeleton head death guys must've counted as secrets, but I never touched them... blasted around them, but no touching.

Could I please have some serious clues where to find the rez necklace in The Dig and the other rez necklace from Fire in the Hole? I found one, which was easy to find...there in the ground for all to see. How about the one in Can't Stand the Heat--is it near the beginning or end, hidden or easy to see?

Re: The Dig
No, the skull-ball death things do not count as secrets. I've gotten 100% Secrets in The Dig without touching them either.

SPOILER

The rez necklace is near the very end. There are a couple of secrets in the general area, off to the right. You won't see them if you're not looking.

Can't help with the other ones, as I've only just started the first fire level.