HELP!...with Goblin Chief...

Sorry, Zelda. Told you I was a low-level gamer! In actuality, I am dyslexic (the truth), and sometimes it's hard for me to get even a quarter of the way through a level and remember all the little foibles. It can be very frustrating. However, I love the games, and I usually eventually manage to work my way through. But it's very helpful for me to have some way to got bit by bit.

Though Ferazel's Wand is a fascinating and totally addictive game, and I really do love it, I think I may have to leave it alone for a few days. I've been staying up too late and coming back to it too early, and for the last three days, all I've ended up with is frustration and disappointment.

Tonight I did manage to get through the Labyrinth to the point where I found the magic carpet. But it doesn't DO anything, so I assume there's something I missed, that I need, or is this another "bug?"

I couldn't figure out how to get the resurrection necklace in the Labyrinth. From the posts I've seen, I guess there were more that I didn't get. I know I didn't get the one in Hangnabit, because I rushed through there just to get, because it was so messed up the first time I tried it. Perhaps after the patch download comes out I'll be able to do better with less stress. I hope so!

Thank you, Ben, for a very fun game, even if my level of game-play isn't quite up to your level of programming and play. And thanks David and everyone else, and all you people on the BB for all the help you've been to me so far. You're all great, and loads of fun!

------------------

The magic carpet had me puzzled too, but then my friend, who was watching me play, said "it's a magic carpet, maybe you should do something magic". So I stood on the carpet and shot the boomerang spell a couple times, and the carpet started floating! Once it's floating, you just control it with the same keys you normally use to get around. I don't know if this is officially how you are supposed to get it to work, but it worked for me.

------------------
Check out my Ferazel's Wand Player's Guide at (url="http://"http://employees.3gi.com/~ereid/ferazel")http://employees.3gi.../~ereid/ferazel(/url)

(This message has been edited by Ereid (edited 02-08-2000).)

Ereid wrote:
**The magic carpet had me puzzled too, but then my boyfriend, who was watching me play, said "it's a magic carpet, maybe you should do something magic". So I stood on the carpet and shot the boomerang spell a couple times, and the carpet started floating! Once it's floating, you just control it with the same keys you normally use to get around. I don't know if this is officially how you are supposed to get it to work, but it worked for me.

Acck, Elizabeth...I tried that too and it didn't work for me! I had to keep going back to a previous save and playing up to that point until it finally worked.

I guess you try everything and hope something works.

---Zelda

lindawing wrote:
**Sorry, Zelda. Told you I was a low-level gamer! In actuality, I am dyslexic (the truth), and sometimes it's hard for me to get even a quarter of the way through a level and remember all the little foibles. It can be very frustrating. However, I love the games, and I usually eventually manage to work my way through. But it's very helpful for me to have some way to got bit by bit.

I have to write stuff down sometimes to make it through. Especially when I play RPGs. I am also going through the levels right now with painstaking slowness. I'm amazed that there are people who are nearly done with it!

---Zelda

Going back to the original question- It is possible to finish GC in about 10 seconds, without breaking a sweat. Find Purple Haze first, gather a few multiplier crystals, use boomerang. 'nuff said.

Grandalf

------------------

TO ANYONE WHO CANNOT DEFEAT THE GOBLIN CHIEF . . .

I must have died 100+ times trying to get that guy! :frown: I eventually did it by standing close to him and constantly going at him with fireballs. Unfortunately, all I can really say is to stick with it. I know it's frustrating -- I almost broke my foot AND my computer by kicking in frustration! 😉

Taking a break is always a good thing when trying to defeat him too. Sometimes you just need to take a step back and remember that it's a GAME, so there's not too much reason to get totally stressed out and frustrated -- even though I am totally guilty of that!

Good luck!

Nif

------------------

woofnpur wrote:
**Can anyone tell me how to get past the goblin chief?
I haven't been able to do it.
Any help would be appreciated...thanks in advance. 🙂

~Christopher

I figured out a way to kill the Goblin Chief that I haven't seen anyone else list...Its tricky, but if you can get hit with one of his knives while you are (jumping) in the air and are close enough to the right hand wall, you can get pushed up onto the wall. Climb it; there's a platform up above where you can leisurely throw fireballs on him until he dies. He can't jump high enough to reach you. Good luck. 🙂

-Whitedog

------------------

Lindawing -

Believe it our not, I managed to get past the goblin king the very first time I tried it...The thing that worked for me rather well, was to use the statue spell...However, instead of firing madly, wait a couple of seconds...He turns red when you hit him, but if you shoot too soon after he is hit, it appears that the next shot does nothing...So I timed it so that i was hitting him as soon as he recovered, and he dies rather easily...

I finally defeated him VERY easily...once I had a res necklace. I thought I'd have to keep battling like crazy, but he died on my first hit after I came back to life. Of course, I felt a bit cheated, since there went that hard-to-come-by res necklace for seemingly not much of anything (sigh).

Linda

------------------

lindawing wrote:
**I finally defeated him VERY easily...once I had a res necklace. I thought I'd have to keep battling like crazy, but he died on my first hit after I came back to life. Of course, I felt a bit cheated, since there went that hard-to-come-by res necklace for seemingly not much of anything (sigh).

Linda

Do you have some multi-crystals you can retrieve? I thought the advice on the multi-crystals was great. I saved them and fought the goblin king with about three of them. I followed the advice about being in the air when he landed and all that -- it worked.

Whitedog wrote:
**I figured out a way to kill the Goblin Chief that I haven't seen anyone else list...Its tricky, but if you can get hit with one of his knives while you are (jumping) in the air and are close enough to the right hand wall, you can get pushed up onto the wall. Climb it; there's a platform up above where you can leisurely throw fireballs on him until he dies. He can't jump high enough to reach you. Good luck.:)

-Whitedog

I accomplished the same thing by accident, but after killing the King, I discovered that my "treestump" spell could help me get up the right wall easily...

BAM0027 wrote:
**I accomplished the same thing by accident, but after killing the King, I discovered that my "treestump" spell could help me get up the right wall easily...

Did you get the tree trunk spell before you defeated him? I didn't get it until I defeated him and the door opened up for me to get it.

------------------
Treat others as you wish to be treated yourself.

The goblin king dies really quickly with a bunch of multi-crystals (Purple Haze ;)) and "statue." I think Ferazel only took 2 hits when I did it, and I really didn't do that much dodging.

MissNif wrote:
**Did you get the tree trunk spell before you defeated him? I didn't get it until I defeated him and the door opened up for me to get it.

Uh, you're probably right. I've been playing late into the night and lack of sleep makes me put two and two together for five, or even six...

I did kill him by getting onto the right wall, though I'm unclear exactly how I did it. I think I got a boost by his knife while I was jumping, but I could never do it on demand.

Yes, jumping on the wall is one way of beating him. You have to be hit by his knives he throws all the time so the impact hits you to the wall. It's still semi-cheatery, and you're not supposed to do it like that. You can use the Tree Trunk spell you get when you kill the Goblin Chief to climb there and get some nice goodies, by the way.

Personally, I killed him using one Multi-Crystal (which was a true waste, by the way) and my combat skills, which those who visit the EV Boards may already be familiar with... 😉

Anyways, I always tried to be on the other side than he, jumped always when he hit the ground to avoid Ferazel starting to tremble and used the shield to block his knives whenever he was in the middle. Then I shot him with the Boomerang spell after he quit throwing knives, but before he managed to jump and hit me in air. It took a lot of tries, but eventually I managed to beat him without even having to use a health potion.

------------------
"I don't say yes or no, more like the other way around"

Ankh Starrunner, The Diamond Blaster