HELP!...with Goblin Chief...

Can anyone tell me how to get past the goblin chief?
I haven't been able to do it.
Any help would be appreciated...thanks in advance. 🙂

~Christopher

------------------
Life is NOT measured by the years you live
but by the deeds you do and the joy you give.

(This message has been edited by woofnpur (edited 01-30-2000).)

You have to kill him...
Three things... when he jumps, you can hit him...
see how you wiggle when he lands? Be in the air, or else he can hit you...
and try to avoid the throwing daggers
Good Luck 🙂
Lumi

One other small suggestion...the statue spell will kill him faster than fireballs. I believe that if you have the boomerang spell, that would also be a bit stronger than the fireball. But statue will do the most damage. However, statue ALSO will drain your magic the quickest. I'd strongly recommend a backup in both health and magic potions in your inventory before you take him on.

---Zelda

Thank You...

By-the-way, should I be posting help related questions here?

~Christopher

------------------
Life is NOT measured by the years you live
but by the deeds you do and the joy you give.

woofnpur wrote:
**Thank You...

By-the-way, should I be posting help related questions here?

~Christopher

Where else WOULD you post them? 🙂

---Zelda

Actually, there may very well be an easier way. Get really close to him (barely don't touch him), and start launching boomerangs/fireballs like crazy. Don't stop. Period. If he jumps away, run after him and continue firing. Don't stop. Repeat as necessary.

This may sound stupid (in most cases, straightfoward ransacking is a bad idea), but it is surprisingly productive. His knives don't launch that close, and often your own fireballs will block them if they do reach you.

------------------
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here - this is the War Room!"
-Dr. Strangelove
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Will Oram

I went to the statue spell room, but it's not there. What gives? (Yes, I know that the chairs are what hold the spells, it's not there)

------------------
Commander-in-Chief of the Nijayias Interstellar Navy.

What do you mean by "the chairs are what hold the spells"? 😕 The statue spell is
:mad: :eek: :mad:Spoiler alert! Spoiler alert! :mad: :eek: :mad:
in the Western Reaches in a room on the far left on a pedestal. There are no chairs in the area of the spell, as I recall.
🙂 🙂 :)End of spoiler! End of spoiler! 🙂 🙂 🙂
Could you clarify what you meant by "the chairs are what hold the spells"? First of all, what chairs? And how would they "hold the spell"? Just a little confused.

My nicknames:
"Gick", "Gick the Little Trick Ballard", "Gickypoo" (not one of my favorites), "Dave", "Mariah Carey" (also not one of my favorites), "Gick the Imp of Love"

------------------

(This message has been edited by Gick (edited 02-05-2000).)

I've tried everything I can think of to defeat the Goblin Chief. I'm sorry, but I must just not be coordinated enough to do this. I'm very discouraged. I have the statue spell, and have tried that, and I've tried the boomerang, and I've tried fireballs, and I've managed to get my magic level back up by drinking one of my potions, but then I lose my life.

I went back to the first level and supposedly got another bottle of life, but it doesn't show up in my inventory.

Last night I got frustrated and deleted the game, then started fresh. I carefully made my way through all of the levels (even finding a couple of back doors I hadn't bothered with the first time through). Again, I can't get the Goblin Chief defeated, and again, I can't get the extra bottle of life potion to show up in my inventory, so I haven't much hope here.

So I went to the Storm Forest level, and have worked my way through all the baddies and gotten extra stuff and saved twice, and now I'm trying to hop up the stone "steps" and jump onto the flying platforms to the point where I need to jump to the right and cling to the wall and climb up to part of the level I haven't yet seen, because I have spent more than two hours trying this. I gave up once, went forward and killed a few more ghouls, then went back and powered up at the Goblin Chief level and came back, and I can't get past that level or get up to the top of that cliff.

Someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong. Is there a way to turn off the wind or something!!!???

Help!

------------------

I've tried everything I can think of to defeat the Goblin Chief. I'm sorry,
but I must just not be coordinated enough to do this. I'm very discouraged. I
have the statue spell, and have tried that, and I've tried the boomerang, and
I've tried fireballs, and I've managed to get my magic level back up by
drinking one of my potions, but then I lose my life.

I found the best advice for defeating the goblin chief was to get as close to him as possible and just keep firing fireballs at him as fast as possible.

Cathy

------------------

Cathy--

I've done that...over and over again. I'm at the point where I'm mad at the game, mad at Ben Spees, and about ready to scream!

------------------

I think if you just can't do it right now...then don't. Work on the levels to the NE and maybe when you get a new weapon, spell or you get more health storage (those heart stones) you can come back and try again. I found it pretty much impossible to get away from taking a LOT of damage from him. You have to be able to outlast him. But I did manage it...and I suck at coordination stuff. So you WILL be able to do it eventually.

---Zelda

Yeah, that's what I thought. That's why I went on to the Storm Forest, and I'm even worse frustrated there! I just can't seem to get onto that wall that I need to climb to get up near the top. Oh well, I'll go back and try again. (sigh) :mad:

------------------

I'm equally frustrated. It seems the game has suddenly become dramatically more challenging... one thing I enjoyed was I was able to pursue it more leisurely without offing my character at the slightest mistake. Until I hit Flash Freeze, Parched Earth and Labyrinth. Now it's maddening and I've been on and off my computer all day (pathetic, no?) trying to get past them...have been for two days now.

Zelda, you mention a new weapon? And I know there are other spells out there. I'd love to email one of my saved games to someone, to see if I'm just plain doing something painfully obviously wrong.

As for the Storm Valley...

((sort of a "SPOILER?"))

There are two places to climb up and get goodies besides the place where you can high jump twice. One is visible from the ground and I can't manage to stay on the moving grassy steps. The other is above the cannons... that one isn't quite as hard since the steps stay still... There is a multi crystal and some coins up there if I recall correctly.

For beating the goblin chief, I know where there are other obtainable multi-crystals, if you want to email me and/or send a saved game, I'll help best I can. 🙂

lisette@sweetness.com

------------------

(This message has been edited by Amorisse (edited 02-06-2000).)

Gick wrote:
**What do you mean by "the chairs are what hold the spells"?😕 The statue spell is
:mad: :eek: :mad:Spoiler alert! Spoiler alert! :mad: :eek: :mad:
in the Western Reaches in a room on the far left on a pedestal. There are no chairs in the area of the spell, as I recall.
🙂 🙂 :)End of spoiler! End of spoiler! 🙂 🙂 🙂
Could you clarify what you meant by "the chairs are what hold the spells"? First of all, what chairs? And how would they "hold the spell"? Just a little confused.

My nicknames:
"Gick", "Gick the Little Trick Ballard", "Gickypoo" (not one of my favorites), "Dave", "Mariah Carey" (also not one of my favorites), "Gick the Imp of Love"

OK, maybe it's called a pedistal. The orange thing. I know about the room, and the orange pedistal, but there is no spell there.

------------------
Commander-in-Chief of the Nijayias Interstellar Navy.

Lindawing-
I made it up to the top! It takes patience and learning the timing to hop hop hop from one stone to the next upward and to the right until you can leap to the vertical wall and clamber up. But, be aware, there are more frustrations awaiting you up there . . . . .

Grandalf

------------------

I'm glad to know SOMEONE made it up there! 🙂 I tried for about a total of five hours yesterday. I can get all the way up to he last "elevator" block, and I carefully back up all the way back as far as I can go, and get a good running start, and...down I go to the grass again. 😞

I'm working on the Labyrinth now, and I'm REALLY frustrated that I've saved my way into a situation where I don't think I'm going to be able to get myself out. I only have about 1/2" of health (lots of magic), and no way to get any, and I'm facing certain death both directions (I LOST half of a full bar of health getting there from the previous save). I will probably have to go back and use a previously saved game and build back up to that point again, and try NOT to lose that half bar of health (sigh).

I think Ben needs to put in some way to save in between the regular places, for low-level gamers like me, who only want to play to have FUN! If you've ever played Harry the Handsome Executive, you know what I mean. I wonder if there IS something like that, come to think of it. I can't remember just exactly how to go about that; I think it involved a special code...? Anyone remember?

------------------

Wait a second...there was a special code you could use in Harry to save anytime you wanted to? Acck..I'm caught between being extremely pissed that I didn't know about it, and extremely pissed it existed!! At any rate, I do know I'm pissed. I'm just not sure why.

---Zelda :mad:

Zelda-
My guess is that LindaWing was referring to the option to auto save between levels in Harry. It was an option you could set in the prefs. There is no comparable function in Ferazel's Wand.

------------------
David Dunham / tech support / Ambrosia Software, Inc.

David Dunham wrote:
**Zelda-
My guess is that LindaWing was referring to the option to auto save between levels in Harry. It was an option you could set in the prefs. There is no comparable function in Ferazel's Wand.

Ok...I'm over it. 🙂 See?

The difference with Harry was that you couldn't freely travel back to levels you had already completed. You had to keep moving right along. In Ferazel you can travel back to the map anytime you'd like, so having a save feature there just doesn't seem quite right.

Although, there certainly are levels where's it would be pretty darn hard to go back to the map.

---Zelda