Dimbo?

GeX wrote:
**first, be sure you didn't die befor going to see nimbo. if you see dimbo to the left of the place where you enter, than you did it right. I thought I did once, but I died, went to bed, forgot I died, and then didn't know what to do.

GeX, I did find him..and I'm trying terribly hard NOT to die before going back to Nimbo! This is where I am in serious need of help. There is no health around ANYWHERE. I keep going around and around in circles...I can't find my way out of the level and I can't find any health. If you can give me anything at all I would appreciate it. Is there any health to be found near Dimbo? Could you tell me the general direction of the exit? I'm completely stuck.

---Zelda

It's really hard for me to tell you if there is any health in the area, as I will have gobbled it all up by now. But there is a save game point, as well as the path to the exit, to the right of where you are. Essentially keep heading up and right in general. You are on the right track when you find an area with a speed and an invincibility powerup very near each other, followed by a lake with two pirahnas.

------------------
--JB

"Miren al pepino. Que suaves movimentos. Es como montequilla en un chango pelon." -- Larry the Cucumber

JonBob wrote:
**It's really hard for me to tell you if there is any health in the area, as I will have gobbled it all up by now. But there is a save game point, as well as the path to the exit, to the right of where you are. Essentially keep heading up and right in general. You are on the right track when you find an area with a speed and an invincibility powerup very near each other, followed by a lake with two pirahnas.

I found that lake..but it's a dead end. There's a transporter there that takes me back to where the invincibility shield is. I'm sorry to be such an idiot over this. Is there another wall I'm supposed to fireball through? I'm to the point where I want obvious spoilers. I'm not having fun right now! In the meantime..I'll head back to that stupid lake for the 45th time.

---Zelda

That part of the labyrinth has several dead ends, all with transporters back to that same room. For starters, after the invincibility you can go straight down to an acid pool or left past spikes to the water pool with the pirahnas. Up and right out of the pool brings you to more choices; I forget the exact layout. Anyway, sometime very soon you can go down and find a save point or right and find the path to the exit.

------------------
--JB

"Miren al pepino. Que suaves movimentos. Es como montequilla en un chango pelon." -- Larry the Cucumber

I really appreciate your help, JonBob. 🙂 Thanks to the things you've told me, I've somewhat figured out where I need to go..the only problem is that I just can't make it out because of the health problem. I suppose I'm going to have to start the level completely over and try again. It's frustrating that there isn't ANY health available in the last part of the level.

---Zelda

JonBob wrote:
**It's really hard for me to tell you if there is any health in the area, as I will have gobbled it all up by now. But there is a save game point, as well as the path to the exit, to the right of where you are. Essentially keep heading up and right in general. You are on the right track when you find an area with a speed and an invincibility powerup very near each other, followed by a lake with two pirahnas.

Could someone walk me through from here, please? I am at this place - near piranha pool, invisibility, speed...have explored all directions and ended up where I've been before.

Advance Thanks!

lisette@sweetness.com

------------------

Amorisse wrote:
**Could someone walk me through from here, please? I am at this place - near piranha pool, invisibility, speed...have explored all directions and ended up where I've been before.

Amorisse...JonBob gave me step by step instructions starting from the piranha pool in the topic thread "Lost in Labyrinth." They got me out. 🙂

---Zelda

Yes, I used those same steps to get out, thank you! But I can't find Dimbo, which is what I also would like to do. 😄

------------------

Amorisse wrote:
**Yes, I used those same steps to get out, thank you! But I can't find Dimbo, which is what I also would like to do.:D

Okaaay...my instructions will be so lame I'm sure. 🙂 But you if you're at the double speed and invincibility power ups, you need to do some back tracking. Move left and down...then wind through all the maces that are moving up and down, climbing up to a point where you can see a goblin trying to toss knives at you through a wall. To the left you will see an arrow shooting at the wall opposite it. Toss fireballs where that arrow is shooting. Then dart through and dodge various crummy things and find Dimbo clear over by the western most wall.

Once you figure out where he is, you may want to try to find him from a previous save point and reuse the other one after you find him. It's a long way to go with no health.

---Zelda

(This message has been edited by Zelda (edited 02-09-2000).)

I did it! I found Dimbo and the way out and 100% of the secrets, too! Of course, within minutes of finding the rez necklace, it was put to use. And I'm not sure I'd be able to find my way again, but at least it's a start. Definitely need to go through this level again to perfect it -- taking a break from it for a while, first.

Now, here's the tricky part. I went to visit Nimbo and Dimbo in River of Fears. Nimbo said he'd have something for me once I've found a way into the mountains. Which mountains is he talking about? I defeated the Madrakiti Wizard thing. Does he mean past the ice part or the desert part?

Thank you everyone for helping! 😄

------------------

I found Dimbo in Labyrinth, but when I went back to Nimbo, he didn't say anything different. Does anyone know why? Ben, if this is a bug, will it be fixed in the next update?

------------------
Check out my Ferazel's Wand Player's Guide at (url="http://"http://employees.3gi.com/~ereid/ferazel")http://employees.3gi.../~ereid/ferazel(/url)

I had this problem too. It turns out that depending on gameplay, Dimbo will say two different things to you. If he says he doesn't like strangers and tells you to go away, what I suggest is to go back and see Nimbo again, then make your way to Dimbo without getting killed or opening a saved game in between. It worked for me. I'm not sure if you need to do the same thing on the way back to Nimbo afterwards.

This may be a bug, but I have a tendency to think it's intentional to preserve space in the save file. Whether it's a good idea for this behavior to occur is another matter. 🙂

------------------
--JB