Dimbo?

What level is Dimbo in? I have found his brother (Nimbo? I can't remember) and Nimbo? asked me to find Dimbo. Where is Dimbo?

"Life is not measured in years you live. Life is measured in kilowatt-hours." 😄
-Me

------------------

he's in a level called "The labyrnth. it's tww levels after the hangglider level on the north eastern part of the map
------------------
"Sometimes I think that the surrest sign that there intellegent life elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
-GeX

(This message has been edited by GeX (edited 01-31-2000).)

to be more precise, in that level, there is a part right after a hall with 2 levels. on the bottom half, it's just 2 goblin axe-men, and on the top, there's some retracting spikes, 3 xchrions, and a larege mace you can duck under. after that there is a room where you can go left or up. go up, and when you get to the top, you should see, slightly to the right, another way up, and a red amomeba thingie next to the way up. go up, and at the top there should be a crossbow. shoot at the the wall that the crossbow is aimed at with anything, or hit it with the icepick if you have it. to avoid getting hit, get up against the wall where the crossbow is, and hit the wall from there. go through the hall you opened up, and go left. dimbo is at the end of the hall near a swinging blade.
that should help you out some. 🆒

------------------
"Sometimes I think that the surrest sign that there intellegent life elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
-GeX

:::Shielding eyes from Gex's last post::: I appreciate that you know where he's at...but don't post a spoiler unless someone specifically asks for it...pretty pretty please? 🙂

---Zelda

sorry

------------------
-GeX

GeX wrote:
**sorry

Just keep good thoughts of me. 🙂 I'm currently on that level and I may need your help before it's all said and done! Geesh, you're clipping along this game at a goodly pace.

---Zelda

What's the level? just so you know if i'm even on that level, I beat everything in the north eastern part of the map, and am currently working on "iceconoclasm"(second ice level) that I can't beat due to a bug, and "out of the frying pan" (the third fire level) which I can't beat because I'm out of fire seeds.
and yes, I am clipping through the game pretty fast. I have a tendancy to pick up games pretty quick. Im that far and I've only had the game for 2 1/2 days. 🙂
------------------
-GeX

(This message has been edited by GeX (edited 02-01-2000).)

GeX--
Does Iceconoclasm really have a bug? I've been whacking my head against the wall for some time on that one. I found the Ice Crystals spell but can't seem to get much of anywhere once I use the ice pick (a vertical spiky tunnel prevents me). Is this your problem?

And you should be able to get more fire seeds on the same level, I believe. That is, if you have some coins to spare...

------------------
--JB

"Miren al pepino. Que suaves movimentos. Es como montequilla en un chango pelon." -- Larry the Cucumber

GeX wrote:
What's the level? just so you know if i'm even on that level,.:)

Labyrinth. I'm getting kind of frustrated with all the levels that seem to require this split second timing thing. I mean..they're okay, but not my favorite. But I'm pretty impressed at the creativity of the levels, it's certainly not 23 levels of just "shoot up all the bad guys."

---Zelda

jonbob: yes, that's the place I'm stuck on, and yes I'm pretty sure it's a bug. There is an invincibility near by, but when I get it the game won't let me grab the wall to climb it. I called David, but mayby you should too. be sure to tell him that it prevents completion of the level because when I told him and didn't say that, he said it was minor compared to not being able to retry the hangglider level. no retry vs. uncompletable..hmm I wonder which hinders gameplay the most.
oh yea, one mor thing. I do have the coins to spare (^700) but ther's another bug so that when you try to buy 5 seeds he says you don't have enough money no matter what, and when you try buy 20 seeds, you get 20 escape rings.

zelda: I'm there, and have done it all. it is pretty tough. It almost took me 2 hours to beat. just say the word and you have the help.
i seem to be becoming a rather major playere around here.
I would reward you all with the url of a secret underdevelopment website overhaul, but andrew told me not to. 🙂

------------------
-GeX

(This message has been edited by GeX (edited 02-01-2000).)

GeX wrote:

zelda: I'm there, and have done it all. it is pretty tough. It almost took me 2 hours to beat. just say the word and you have the help.
i seem to be becoming a rather major playere around here.
I would reward you all with the url of a secret underdevelopment website overhaul, but andrew told me not to. 🙂

I'm impressed. I gotta ask you, are you completing the levels and finding 100% of the xichrons and secrets? I think it's not always possible to kill 100% of the enemies so I've given that up on a couple of the levels. But I just HAVE to find 100% of the secrets before I can move on. 🙂

I don't think anyone can help in the places where I'm stuck. (I'm stuck on about three levels right now.) It's just a matter of figuring out how to get through. This is the part I don't like so much...jumping just the right way...split second timing...having enough coordination with the action keys to manuever through difficult areas...blah blah blah. I'm working on it...it'll just take me a very very very long time on some of it. 🙂 Thanks though, I will keep your offer of help in mind...I may have to use it eventually. 🙂

---Zelda

i normally don't get 100 pecent of anything, just nothing below a 80%.
given that we could probably help eachother out

------------------
-GeX

Zelda pontificated thusly:
I'm impressed. I gotta ask you, are you completing the levels and finding 100% of the xichrons and secrets? I think it's not always possible to kill 100% of the enemies so I've given that up on a couple of the levels. But I just HAVE to find 100% of the secrets before I can move on.

I'm at the same point as GeX, but haven't reached 100% on all levels so far. In my opinion, it's more fun to do a little jumping back and forth between levels instead of concentrating on one level and bashing away at it until it's exhausted. Plus, discoveries on later levels will help to find secrets on earlier ones. Once you have Tree Trunk and VBlade, for instance, the world starts to look completely different.

------------------
--JB

"Miren al pepino. Que suaves movimentos. Es como montequilla en un chango pelon." -- Larry the Cucumber

larry the cucumber??
perhaps he knows Rover the giant penguin, or MeEPoo the incredible lemur. 🙂

------------------
-GeX

No, but he knows Bob the Tomato. And Harry the Penguin, for that matter. Maybe he's related to Rover? ( (url="http://"http://www.veggietales.net/")http://www.veggietales.net/(/url) )

Back to the original topic of this thread (whoa, aren't I a rebel!), how do you let Nimbo know that you've found Dimbo? When I went back to tell him, I had the same conversation as before.

I'm not looking for a spoiler here, but would like to be informed if this is a game bug or if I'm overlooking something obvious.

------------------
--JB

Geesh...pontificated? Was that what I did? I honestly didn't mean to come off that way. I find it difficult to leave a level without finding all the secrets because I'm basically an obsessive anal retentive type of person. I was potty trained incorrectly or something. It's sad...I think there may be a support group for people like me. But if you can move on without finding everything on a level...then you're in much better shape than I am.

Oh..I love Veggietales. If you like to talk to tomatoes...if a squash can make you smile.. But my favorite is the hairbrush song..Oh where oh where oh where oh wheeeeeere is my hairbrush!!

---Zelda

(This message has been edited by Zelda (edited 02-02-2000).)

Didn't mean to offend; it just sounded more creative than "said"...

I was really just suggesting a technique for finding those secrets. If you proceed until you find VBlade, for instance, finding the missing 50% of the secrets in Manditraki Warrior (as you mentioned in another thread) is a snap. Actually, finding secrets anywhere is a snap. Just keep pounding the phlimm out of the action key, and walls will just crumble away.

And why do you need a hairbrush? You don't have any hair!

------------------
--JB

Ok all, back to the original topic if you don't mind. 🙂 I found the big lug. Now I can't get back out without killing myself!!! I have very little health and I can't find any health anywhere! I'm not coordinated enough to make it all the way back to the beginning without taking any hits. I'm desperate. I can't even find a save point. Is there any health anywhere close to where I am? How about just a way out? Dang, NOW I wish I had that stupid escape ring!

:::crouched beneath a swinging axe and cowering::
Zelda

It was MY hairbrush!!

Ask the peach. He has hair. This may seem a little off topic, but I like the song about Larry's lips and the song about the pirates who don't do anything. My dad bought the video that has mast of the silly songs on it, so I got to see quite a few. I just don't understand why the dwarves ran off with Mrs. Asparagus in the Dance of the Cucumber song. 🙂

"Why are lawyers always buried six feet underground?"
"I don't know. Why?"
"Because deep down, they really are good people." 😄

Punctuate the following sentence correctly, if you dare:
"John where James had had had had had had had had had had had the teacher's approval"
No fair deleting or changing any words! 😄

------------------

first, be sure you didn't die befor going to see nimbo. if you see dimbo to the left of the place where you enter, than you did it right. I thought I did once, but I died, went to bed, forgot I died, and then didn't know what to do.

------------------
-GeX