Another Level 3 question

Cathy, if there is a bug at work with the new life necklace, then maybe we can keep track of it, and other bugs in a bug topic? Well, unless the folks at Ambrosia already know about the bugs.

I searched in all directions over and over on those crumbly stones and I'm also convinced they lead to only one destination. So far have only found 88% of the secrets in level 3. Zelda, I'd love to know not only how to find that health crystal, but also how (and this is what I'm most curious about) you discovered these secrets. I've tried blasting and probbing everywhere yet, like the wall that needed fire seeds rather than ordinary magic, some secrets are not blatant. Any special hints?

Thanks,

AM

p.s. I've read a few old posts of mine and noticed my spelling and grammar has been atrocious! Embarrassing, considering my line of work. My apologies ;}

The health crystal is obtained by blasting with the fireball through the wall just to the east of the room where the crystal is. If I remember correctly, the wall is just below some spikes that go in and out.

I don't think that dying with the necklace is a bug. I think Zelda is right - if you fall too low in the acid. then you don't get thhe second life. Or, if you get it, you die immediately because you are already too low. This part could have been programmed a bit better.

I am still getting the intermittent "sprite faces not loaded" bug.

Now, I can't find the second mushroom jumping room - I've only been there four or five times and now I can't remember how I got there and I can't find it again.

Cathy

To find the health crystal: After you go through the first set of transporters and grab the key to open the first door, cast fireball on the east wall by the treasure box.

I'm not sure how to explain HOW I find secrets. Persistence? 🙂 Perhaps part of it is because I've graduated from the Jeff Vogel School of Computer Games. I learned never to leave ANY area without headbanging for secret areas. (Those of you familiar with Mr. Vogel and his games know just what I mean.) In the case of Ferazel, instead of headbanging it's spinjumping and fireballs. RPG's are my favorite sort of game. I love untangling puzzles and uncovering secrets. So obviously what appeals to me most about Ferazel is finding those secret areas! As for knowing when to use the fireseeds... sometimes when you spinjump or cast fireball, the wall or floor will make a noise like it's about to crumble but then it doesn't. So you know you need a bit more power.

But don't think that I don't miss stuff sometimes. I do. Actually, it's been known to happen lots of times. Some of what I miss can be horribly obvious and make me feel horribly stupid. But I do like the feeling when I finally figure something out. That's why I keep coming back for more. 🙂

Geesh, I guess I'll shutup now.
---Zelda

OK - I give up. I have been to the second mushroom room a bunch of times and cannot find it again. I need a hint. (I know how to get to the shroom room where you throw the beans on the ledge - I've been there too many times to count; it's the other shroom room I can't find again.)

Cathy

Zelda - you are right. I now can see the underground xichrons in the necklace place, and I also tried every possible way to get them. No way! The other thing is that you can only see them from a very few positions in that little area.

Please give me a hint on how to get back to the second mushroom room. I have been there several times and can no longer find the transporter that got me there in the first place.

Cathy

If I wasn't utterly clueless, I'd give hints... There is one mushroom room up the flight of "sproingy" cloud stairs and there is another that you blast through a cliff (the one west of the two spiders, up the first 'elevator')... but then, I could be plain wrong and just not thinking strait. Was there a mushroom room that you transport to - transporter at the top of the crumbling 'stairs' above the acid river? Otherwise I think there might have been a mushroom room after fighting those regenerating goblins and green bugs...hmmm...maybe not. I'm usually pretty lost.

The health crystal...is that at the very beginning of the "third level" of the demo? I think I did find it...or, I mean, my son did <mutter>.

I, too, like the finding the secrets part best about Ferazel. Don't care much for fighting bad guys...blaster type games completely bore me. Besides that, it's a beautiful game: not too cartoonish but surreal and well-drawn 🙂

AM

cats wrote:
**Please give me a hint on how to get back to the second mushroom room. I have been there several times and can no longer find the transporter that got me there in the first place.

Cathy**

I'm so lame I can't even THINK of another mushroom room. Do you remember what was in it? Just xichrons or was there something else?

---Zelda

I think there are just xichrons in the second mushroom room. It is not the room where you throw beads onto the ledge to bomb it out. I can see a transporter in the room but I can't find the darn transporter again.

Cathy

cats wrote:
**I think there are just xichrons in the second mushroom room. It is not the room where you throw beads onto the ledge to bomb it out. I can see a transporter in the room but I can't find the darn transporter again.

Cathy**

I think you mean the transporter you have to climb the crumbling stairs to reach. Remember, I wanted to know if there were two destinations for those stairs? I could be wrong, but anyhow, I think that's it.

There are sort of two destinations from the start of the crumbly stairs. One path is upward and slightly west - this gets you to the transporter to the second mushroom room. The other path is straight across to the start of the eastward path that takes you through the rest of the game.

Did the others who also couldn't get 100% of the monsters kill the two birds that are in little alcoves above either the first or the second acid pond (toward the east end)? I just ignored these so I'm not sure if not getting 100% of the monsters is from failing to kill these birds, or a result of the regenerating machine.

Cathy

I believe the "birds" you are refering to are BATS. Just trying to clarify.

~Christopher

------------------
Life is NOT measured by the years you
live but by the deeds you do and the joy
you giv

bhlang wrote:
I've finished level 3 now. Except my Xirchons collected was only 84% and my secrets discovered was 88% (or was it the other way around? Hm... doesn't really matter.) What it means is that I missed finding that underwater room's entrance. The one with all the Xirchons in the water. Anyone know where the entrance is?

I think I know what you mean. (Incidentally, it's only level three on the demo. I think it's level 9 on the full version.) Anyway, you know that big maze of water you travel through just before the end? there's an area right by that regenerator that spews out the slime monster that you run into near the teleporter. You can see it to the left. Next to that is a flat area of ground that disintigrates if you twrill-jump on it. There's a teleporter that brings you to the right place. By the way, my secret rating is only 76% at the end. How do you get into that room with the weird medallion and the gateway?

You get to the underwater room with the xichrons by spin-jumping on the floor at the deepest part of the underwater pools.

You get to the necklace (medallion?) by going east at the top of the "white cloud" stairs. At the grave of Nerogazel, blast through the wall to the mushroom room. Then bomb the ledge at the east end of the room with fire seeds. When you see the holes in the wall, stand in front of them and jump up (hit "8" key).

Cathy

------------------