Original EV icon

Hello,

I'm an old fan of EV. I had the original game on my Mac LC 630.

I'm gathering images for a tattoo sleeve, and thinking of the old games I loved, old school EV struck me. Does anyone have an image (hopefully in decent resolution) of the original EV icon?

Not the loading screen. It's cool, but yeah, no, not on my skin 🙂

Thanks!

---

I think it's this (maybe?) but bigger: Posted Image

This post has been edited by gorizo : 25 October 2012 - 11:39 PM

@gorizo, on 25 October 2012 - 05:58 PM, said in Original EV icon:

I think it's this (maybe?) but bigger: Posted Image

Actually, that's it. It looks smaller because screen resolutions these days are so much bigger. Load that image with your monitor at 800x600 resolution, and it should look more like you remember.

1990s icons didn’t get bigger than 32x32 pixels. I don’t believe I’ve ever seen a larger version of that image, though the 3/4 shipyard view and head-on communications view of the Hawk are available at 100x100 if they’d suit your purposes.

@david-arthur, on 26 October 2012 - 08:20 AM, said in Original EV icon:

the 3/4 shipyard view and head-on communications view of the Hawk are available at 100x100 if they’d suit your purposes.

Yes, if you have that nearby, I think it would work. Thanks!

I don’t seem to have the head-on picture immediately to hand, but here’s the 3/4 view:

Attached File hawk_shipyard.png (3.06K)
Number of downloads: 9

The image used in earlier versions of the game was less textured, and so more like the icon, but again I don’t have it at hand.

Thank you, that's perfect!

Do those nearly white ships exist out the ether still? They're so incredibly undetailed, but they still carry some purity and nostalgia with them. Also, the new confed ships are really gray, and all the ships look pretty different from the sprites in flight, anyways.

@terin, on 04 November 2012 - 09:23 PM, said in Original EV icon:

They're so incredibly undetailed, but they still carry some purity and nostalgia with them. Also, the new confed ships are really gray, and all the ships look pretty different from the sprites in flight, anyways.

What happened is that 1.0.5b1 replaced more or less all of the ship graphics, but apparently they didn’t like the way that some of the new graphics looked in-game. At any rate, in 1.0.5b2 and the final release, many ships reverted to the original sprites, while keeping the new shipyard and communications images.

I don’t seem to have either 1.0.5b1 or 1.0.4 readily available any more. Unfortunately, a lot of my files from the mid-1990s were on Jaz disks, which aren’t easy to read these days, even when they’ve survived.

EV TATTOO

SO BADASS