game won't save.. i'm stuck 'where i was'.. won't continue..

Help!! Game is not saving as I try to progress..

NO matter what happens.. if I am killed.. if I self destruct.. if I have done missions.. found new territory.. purchased new items.. made lots of money.. press escape simply because I want to stop for the moment.. do that hovering above a planet.. do that in the middle of nowhere.. the game will not save..

I got up to 195,000 credits.. now.. anything I do.. nothing will save after this point.. after every time I die.. after completing a mission and wanting to stop for the day.. when I restart.. I am back hovering above SOL with 195,000 credits. I was doing nothing to save up to this point.. It was automatically happening.. now.. playing is just a waste of time and frustrating..

What gives? Thanks.

The game saves every time you leave a planet. If it is not saving it probably means you've either run out of hard drive space, or your pilot file has been locked as read only, or you're playing on a locked/read only volume. Given that it was saving before and is not now, something must have changed.

@chamrin, on Oct 4 2008, 08:38 PM, said in game won't save.. i'm stuck 'where i was'.. won't continue..:

The game saves every time you leave a planet. If it is not saving it probably means you've either run out of hard drive space, or your pilot file has been locked as read only, or you're playing on a locked/read only volume. Given that it was saving before and is not now, something must have changed.

THANKS.. PLENTY OF HARD DRIVE SPACE. IF PILOT IS READ ONLY NOW.. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT HAPPENED TO MAKE IT THAT WAY.. PLAYING ON A LOCKED VOLUME? DON'T KNOW HOW THAT WOULD HAPPEN.. NO IDEA.. DO YOU HAVE AN IDEA OF WHAT I COULD HAVE DONE TO DO THIS? IS IT A NORMAL OCCURENCE? ANYTHING I CAN DO TO FIX THIS OR I HAVE TO START OVER.. THUS FEARING IT WILL ONLY HAPPEN AGAIN?

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP.

Such things can happen if you try to use a pilot file which is somewhere other than the game's Pilots folder — could this possibly be the problem?

or did you edit the pilot file? trying to cheat?

@david-arthur, on Oct 5 2008, 07:02 AM, said in game won't save.. i'm stuck 'where i was'.. won't continue..:

Such things can happen if you try to use a pilot file which is somewhere other than the game's Pilots folder — could this possibly be the problem?

That's what I was thinking. Try doing a search for your pilot file and see if you have more than one.

Or, maybe when you relaunch EV, you are opening an older pilot file that is located in another folder.

If you're playing the EV port for Nova, make sure you turn off all unnecessary applications. Nova is a RAM hog.

If you're playing the EV port for Nova, do you have any other plugins (other than EV) in the Nova Plugin folder?

Is Nova registered?

Someone mentioned in your Help On The Way topic to run Permissions. Do that, and also see if perhaps your Nova /Pilots folder is locked. Menu > File > Get Info. If you are unable to do that because you don't Administrate your computer, then whoever Administrates your comp will have to do that for you.

Good luck, and let us know what happens. 🙂