Get paid to buy space bombs and torpedoes?

~vIsitor~, on Mar 5 2006, 01:35 PM, said:

And don't I know it. Hard to believe the guy charges people to register that sub-par editor.
View Post

Exactly. Also, InstaShip messed up the game for me. I had to trash my pilot file. It screwed up the sprites, made everything cheap and everything. I'm never downloading that again. And it made space bombs and torpedoes -1000 credits or something.

That was the thing- I don't remember reading anything in the readme... If there was one- I was a pretty straightforward program...

Another things is that you would get paid to buy them.

Yes, -1000 credits means instead of paying 1000 credits, they give you 1000 credits, so your getting paid.

Buzzzzy, on Mar 8 2006, 03:41 PM, said:

Yes, -1000 credits means instead of paying 1000 credits, they give you 1000 credits, so your getting paid.
View Post

Duh! 😄

Wait a tic, did you use InstaShip on any of the EV files other than your pilots, even by accident? That could have caused the screw-up.

No... I don't think it would let me. The Kestrel was the supership. It could hold almost unlimited amounts of everything- 999 torpedoes, 999 space bombs, 999 missles, 999 heavy rockets, etc. I would get everything I wanted, then open up InstaShip and BAM! I was a lonely pirate in a Hawk. Or an executive transport.

The dialogue of InstaShip would be- "select the pilot", then you choose the ship you want.

I'm pretty sure I never used it on a different file either, and it screwed it up for me also.

Mazca, on Mar 5 2006, 03:12 PM, said:

Yeah - if I just wanted to open up a plugin to tweak mission availability, or check something, then EV-Edit is a quick and easy way to do it. But that evil program has eaten more than its share of plugins.

I always worked on a duplicate of my plugins, and never had it eat a file. I was fairly rare, though...

I had the very same kind of freak-accident when I was like 6 years old. I purchased a laser cannon for negative some-odd-million credits. No plugs, no instaship, no nothing.

The earlier versions of EV had weird quirks like that.

And I totally remember Instaship. :wub:

Weird, I've only had two versions of EV, 1.0.4 and 1.0.5, and the problem only occured after using Instaship. Then again, I did have a habit of editing data (on a copy of course, a copy wutg edited stuff and plug-ins) at that time (and still do). Plus, ResEdit keeps screwing up files, so maybe it was something else...

Ok, I have the computer hooked up, I have EV 1.0.5. Does this answer any questions? The Kestrel has an unlimited amount of space. You can buy 999 of everything.
Torpedoes= -500 credits
Proton Cannon= -8500 credits
Space bombs= -15000 credits
I boarded a pirate kestrel, it has 4000-something tons of luxury goods...
WEIRD

This post has been edited by Percinator : 18 August 2007 - 09:35 AM

Is it possible back in the day that you played around with editing resources directly in the data files? Did you possibly get EV from a friend, and his cheats were in the data files?

No we didn't get anything from friends. I was about 6-8? Maybe it's the fact that for some reason we had EVO title and music instead of EVC
: O